Considering a 4x18650 mod, any recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
The reuleaux dna 200 uses the eScribe but the RX200S only has updating of the firmware. I also have a Tek Division Golem which is a dna 200/250

upload_2017-1-25_23-26-7.png
upload_2017-1-25_23-26-58.png

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
Well I promised a bit of a review once I got to mess around with the mod a bit. I will be as detailed as possible but Im not much of a reviewer.

iJoy Maxo315

Still havent ran it in 4 cell mode but with 2 cells running at 55W Im getting about a day of vaping out of my HG2s with my own monitoring and cutting them off at 3.6V. It is my primary mod when Im at home, though I do alternate with my mechs.

It is a pretty straight forward mod, nothing fancy, set your wattage and vape. Ive been noticing that the display screen timeout can be anywhere from 10s to a minute depending on the draw I take or if I "multi-draw" before the timeout. If multiple draws are taken before screen timeout occurs there is an exclamation mark in one of the battery meters. These 2 observations has lead me to believe that the mod is attempting to make the user aware of stressing the batteries during use and Ive been waiting for the display screen to timeout before taking another draw. This is just a theory I have and at the very least it gives my batteries time to "relax" a bit after each pull.

Im really liking the "battery door". I had some use of an RX200 and found that the battery sled was a bit tight and could damage the wraps of the cells upon reloading. For the iJoy Maxo 315 the batteries are bottom loaded with a sliding hinged door. Insert your batteries and slide the door shut and you're ready to go. Much easier on cell wraps IMO. While this might not be a big deal to some I feel like it is worth mentioning.

I havent used it in TC mode but it is capable of handling Ni, Ti, and SS.

Aesthetically I am overall pretty pleased. Ive got the red and black and put on the brown "snake skin" "grips"(there are a few to choose from). Ive been using it with a 22mm atty and there is plenty of room for a larger size. Ive got an Avocado 24 in the mail and its likely that I'll be using it primarily on this mod. Id venture a guess that it could fit a 30mm with no overhang but I dont have any 30mm to test this out.

With my limited experience with multicell regulated mods I am pretty happy with this one. Id like to get an RX300 to compare but its far more likely I will end up getting a 2 cell mod first.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eskie

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
20161108_190528.jpg
I have an Ijoy Maxo and I really like it. It's the only mod I have that will go all day without changing the batteries. It's very easy to use. It works great with ss316L for tc. I haven't tried anything else yet. It is a little heavy but it is a quad 18650 mod. I would recommend this mod.

Reactions: Darth Omerta
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread