Status
Not open for further replies.

CoreyDog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2016
Nottingham, UK
Hi all,

I have a Smok Alien Mod using a Smok Baby Beast. Love the setup but fancy expanding my range.

I started a few months ago with an RBA on the Baby, actually really enjoy building! So I'm now looking for a tank with a bigger RBA deck, hence the iJoy Limitless XL with 2x decks (Single and a dual).

Anyone any experience with this tank? I'm assuming this tank will be fine on the Alien, I use dual Samsung 30Qs, so I'm safe up to 110W, I don't really enjoy vaping over 80W though. My builds on Baby run between 40W to 55W at 0.25ohms.

Any advice, or any other suggestions be greatly appreciated.

mongo74

I'm your huckleberry.
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Ωhmsville
I'd go with a Limitless Plus before this one. You have to be extremely careful with the way you wick it, or it will leak EVERYWHERE. (I woke up with a mod covered in juice because I did not wick it accordingly) When it is working, it really cranks out some massive clouds...the single coil build deck inclusion is also a huge plus. As long as you really wick it well, you won't have as many issues as I did. It sits on a shelf now aas I'm in favor of the Plus.

Reactions: Eskie

CoreyDog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2016
Nottingham, UK
I'd go with a Limitless Plus before this one. You have to be extremely careful with the way you wick it, or it will leak EVERYWHERE. (I woke up with a mod covered in juice because I did not wick it accordingly) When it is working, it really cranks out some massive clouds...the single coil build deck inclusion is also a huge plus. As long as you really wick it well, you won't have as many issues as I did. It sits on a shelf now aas I'm in favor of the Plus.

Ah that could be entertaining...

I did look at the whole Limitless range, and the Plus does look good, I like the design. Only thing that swung me more to the XL was the 2 RBA decks. I've only ever built on the Baby, dual coil but it's abit small! Just fancied some more room and to experiment abit. If I remember rightly though the Plus is a big deck....

I may have to take another look at the Plus, I don't want a leaky tank.

mongo74

I'm your huckleberry.
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Ωhmsville
The Plus has a large deck. You might be able to squeeze a fused clapton between the posts for a single coil build.

The XL is by far my leakiest tank. The way it's designed is just...nightmarish. Lots of goodies with it though...single/dual decks and 510 drip tip adapter. If you wick it just right, it won't leak nearly as badly.

Reactions: Eskie

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
The Limitless+ is a great tank. However, no matter how well you wick it, these Genny sorta top coil tanks will leak if left on their side. Not a deal breaker, but something you really need to be aware of. There is also a version, the Combo, that will let you place all sorts of optional decks in for esoteric builds.

Another tank you can look at that provides similar dual use like the Limitless XL is the Tornado nano. It can use either "chip coils" from iJoy like the XL, but also has a decent Velocity deck to build on. A few cons are not being able to rewick with a full tank, and the top fill is with a really thin top cap piece that can be really hard to get off. Otherwise, IME, it's a solid performer that's sometimes overlooked.

Reactions: Clark Kent

mongo74

I'm your huckleberry.
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Ωhmsville
The problem with the XL is the way the juice inlets are set up, coupled with the ridiculous way-bottom airflow. You REALLY have to wick it just right, or it will leak right after a vape session causes a pressure diferential in the tank, especially if the tank is close to full. I had a blast of about 1 ml of liquid 5 minutes after a vape, all down the sides of a mod.

Reactions: hairtrigga
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread