Status
Not open for further replies.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Naa not going to be doing anything like that. Still wanting to keep it pretty simple with my 1.8 and 2.1 coils. So that Panny would be a solid choice then?? Hate to keep asking what may seem like basic questions but is there any advantage or disadvantage of button top over flat top batteries???

If the tube has a button on the inside reaching down towards the battery then it will be able to take a flat top.
But if the tube is flat at the top, then you need the battery to have a buttontop.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Yeah I saw on pbusardo's SID review that it will take evic and evic aftermarket tubes.

Just a heads up on that. Some of us UK vapers with broken evic control heads bought SIDs in the hope of mixing and matching some custom designed tubes/mods.
For example, I expected to use my matt black SID control head with my aftermarket Evic tubes.
I didn't go so well.
Not everything fits with everything perfectly. One girl bought a chrome SID to use with very expensive "Siam" evic tubes. That didn't work either.
Best to find out for sure before ordering a variety of items.

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist
Just a heads up on that. Some of us UK vapers with broken evic control heads bought SIDs in the hope of mixing and matching some custom designed tubes/mods.
For example, I expected to use my matt black SID control head with my aftermarket Evic tubes.
I didn't go so well.
Not everything fits with everything perfectly. One girl bought a chrome SID to use with very expensive "Siam" evic tubes. That didn't work either.
Best to find out for sure before ordering a variety of items.

Yeah his review did say that the evic tubes worked on the SID control heads but not so much when using the SID tubes on the evic control heads. It was pretty hit and miss. Not too worried about it as I prolly won't be looking at switching tubes anyway. But it is nice to have an option.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
So that Panny would be a solid choice then?? Hate to keep asking what may seem like basic questions but is there any advantage or disadvantage of button top over flat top batteries???

Panny is solid, and according to specs the SID takes flat or button top. Some mods will only take one style, so if you have an eye on one that needs a specific type, get those....:)

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Panny is solid, and according to specs the SID takes flat or button top. Some mods will only take one style, so if you have an eye on one that needs a specific type, get those....:)

If you have an eye on one that needs a specific type, I say forget it; let them fix their design

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist
It's a low drain battery, Max. Discharge rate: 2C (6.8A)
Specs here....Panasonic 18650 3400mah NCR18650B battery cell

Orbtronic is a great site to check specs on a battery, and they are another well respected vendor....:)

So I don't want that one either??

Is there a 3400mAh version of the 2900mAh Panny you said was OK to use?

Tap'd from my LG G2

HecticEnergy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
TX, USA
I've got a SiD. I picked up a nitecore i4 from Amazon with two efest imr 2000mAh high drain batteries (flat top). I soon bought two more batteries... It's nice to have some charged, and not to always have the charger running.
I get about a day out of the 2000mAhs. I'm a pretty heavy vaper though. I rebuild 1.3-1.6 ohm micro coils, at around 8 watts. I haven't been dual coiling... Yet! =) The batteries take several hours to charge. If you are charging unattended people recommend getting a charging bag to put the charger in. I don't have one, but thought I would mention it.
My sid pin did start shorting like I previous poster said, I added a blog entry with the fix. Vamo also has the same problem. That said, I'm still really happy with my sid.

I paid 35 or so for mine, but msrp seems to be about 60.

Good luck and I hope you are happy with your purchase when you make it!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
So I don't want that one either??

Is there a 3400mAh version of the 2900mAh Panny you said was OK to use?

Tap'd from my LG G2

Nope, the 3400 mah is too low drain, in general the higher the mah, the lower the allowable amperage will be for the same size battery. It's a limitation of the safer chemistry, high amperage build, higher performance = less mah, running time.

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist
Nope, the 3400 mah is too low drain, in general the higher the mah, the lower the allowable amperage will be for the same size battery. It's a limitation of the safer chemistry, high amperage build, higher performance = less mah, running time.

Guess I'll stick with the 2900mAh.

sando7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Louisville, KY (PRP)
got my SID Today, still waiting on my Dripper yet i've been testing it out with my Glassomizer and she Vapes very well...it looks/feels Good/threads are solid, the only thing i don't like is it' slippery in my hand it needs a wrap or something. Did have some confusion on getting into/operating the Menu functions, the info booklet that came with the SID was so small i couldn't read it without a magnifying glass....found this info posted here in the forum....
"post #5" has perfect Menu operating instructions, thought it might be useful.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/smoktech-max-vv-devices/472112-just-ordered-sid.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread