Considering to purchase an eRoll

Status
Not open for further replies.

ke7in11

Nov 13, 2011
California
From my research, a couple trouble spots:

1) It's easy to crack the ceramic bowl when pushing it out.
2) The coil may or may not be soldered to the bottom plate of the atomizer.
3) Silicone bottom gasket can wear out.
4) The guides through the ceramic bowl are a very tight fit, and difficult to get the coil wire through.

I'm going to give this a try once I burn my first couple out. I'll post a report when I can.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I ordered an eRoll today, and it's the cheapest price I've seen anywhere -- $46.95, and a coupon code TOOVAPE worth 15% off -- but I honestly could not tell you if they ship to Europe, since I don't live there. You can always ask them, they're really nice, and I can't see why they wouldn't, Luxembourg isn't exactly "3rd world" or anything. Anyway they're at Buy Electronic Cigarettes | Water Vapor Cigarette | Where To Buy Electronic Cigarettes - Cue Cig

I called them before I ordered, to ask them about that cone problem, there being only 1 when it's supposed to be 2 fully functional e-cigs so one can charge while you're vaping the other, and they were nice enough to say they had an extra one and would include it with my order, at no charge. I don't know if they do that routinely, but you could always inquire, I guess. They have a Facebook page, which is where I was communicating with them the most.

Oh, also, this might be a very limited-time deal, because he said they were going to stop carrying the eRoll, so if you're gonna get one, now's the time.

They also have 5-pks of the little tank dealies, for $4.95, black or clear -- and apparently they have caps, so you could take 'em with you.

That's about all I know, since I don't yet have it. Hope it helps!

Andria

Last edited:

rj134

Jan 6, 2014
Cologne
I want a set of those rebuildable ego-C atomizers really bad...
I ordered one along with some .15 and .2 Kanthal wire. The stuff should arrive here sometime by the end of the week, hopefully.

Soon as I have it and got some time to play around with it I'll make some pics and let you guys know how it performs.

From my research, a couple trouble spots:

1) It's easy to crack the ceramic bowl when pushing it out.
2) The coil may or may not be soldered to the bottom plate of the atomizer.
3) Silicone bottom gasket can wear out.
4) The guides through the ceramic bowl are a very tight fit, and difficult to get the coil wire through.

I'm going to give this a try once I burn my first couple out. I'll post a report when I can.
I ripped one apart and you're right on a few points.

The ceramic actually comes out pretty easily after you remove the bottom contact plate / insulator thing.
Silicone would probably wear if you take it out multiple times, I think you're right on that one.
Coil is in fact soldered to the bottom contact plate. You inevitably rip the wire off when you take the atty apart.

Holes on the ceramic for the wire are really tight. They're so tight in fact that when I pulled out the coil, a part of the positive wire ripped off and remained stuck inside. I had to pull it out carefully with tweezers. With some bad luck I think its really easy to rip off whatever remains for your tweezers to pull on, rendering the whole thing useless.

Soon as the Kanthal wire arrives I'll try and see if you can push some .15 Kanthal through those holes.
If you can, then making a new coil for a stock atty should be possible, but it'll be tricky.
You'll have to solder the positive end to the bottom plate and hope the contacts don't break and the coil doesn't deform as you put the whole thing back together.

Drilling the wire holes open with a diamond bit should be possible, too. That's essentially what they did here.
I thought about attempting to do it but with those etigara guys selling the modded heads for 15 bucks a pop I figured it's just not worth it and ordered one instead.

So does it mean they're "C" type? We use "A" type in the Eroll. I thought there were only A or B types. I'm confused. If you're "A" type I want em reeeeal bad.
They're A-Type, definitely fit for the eRoll. I mailed the shop prior to ordering and they confirmed.

The shop is in Romania. They ship worldwide far as I can see.

Last edited:

rj134

Jan 6, 2014
Cologne
does anyone know about fiber glass is that the term used in Germany for silica? Wish I could read German.
It's Romanian, actually :)

But no, silica is called "Silikat" in German and it's not exactly fibreglass though both are essentially made from glass strands. The ones you linked really seem to be glass wicks, through. I don't think they're a good choice cause the melting point on fibreglass is a little lower than silica and fibreglass is considered relatively unsafe due to very fine glass fibres possibly splintering off of the wick.

Watching ecig youtubes for over a year now it seems to me Europe gets the really innovative stuff before the States and some of it never hits here at all.
Folks here do seem to tinker with mods and such a lot more, yeah.
However, in my opinion the states are ahead by leaps and bounds as far as juices go. Man I wish I could order some of the juices you guys produce but it's just not happening :(

Far as flavor goes none of the juices I've tried match up to the few american made I've gotten my hands on.

UserLuxembourg

Jul 19, 2011
Luxembourg
Patkin: Not in Luxembourg anyway, I haven't gone to Germany yet to see what they have to bid.

Sooooo, I got my eRoll, and I'm very pleased with it. I haven't charged the PCC in 5 days, and it only gave up on me today (since I just smoke outside with it, the battery lasts a little more.

The only thing that bothers me, is that the eRoll will sometimes leak while being in the PCC, and I don't really know why. I've paid attention to having the air hole upwards while it's in the PCC, but it still happens sometimes. My father wanted to try the eRoll when I got it, and drew on it shortly while it hadn't even had contact with any eliquid yet, I wonder if that's the cause?
Also, sometimes when I vape, I get a burnt taste or not much vapor, it might be related to that little incident.
Do you keep your eRoll pointed towards the ground when vaping, so that the eliquid gets in touch with the wick? Since it's my first tank, I have the impression that when the eRoll is pointed upwards, the eliquid doesn't get in contact with the atomizer. I've tried cleaning the atomizer, let's see how it will be once everything's recharged.

Also, pretty stupid of me, but I threw away the warranty without paying attention, so I couldn't check if it really isn't a (well made) fake >_>

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
Also, sometimes when I vape, I get a burnt taste or not much vapor, it might be related to that little incident.

Very likely, if the atomizer was not "primed". When I first start getting a burnt taste, I will immediately stop and switch the atomizer with a fresh one, if I'm at home with my tackle box of parts. Sometimes it will "recover", but more often it will get worse ...

I'm trying to imagine that tiny interface between the coil and wick, and what happens when some of the wick material cooks onto the coil. Maybe it will burn away with more juice flow, maybe not ...

I really need more experience in opening up the atomizers, cleaning the coil, and maybe even re-wicking. Lots of detailed directions in this forum, thanks to all who posted ... :D

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Patkin: Not in Luxembourg anyway, I haven't gone to Germany yet to see what they have to bid.

Sooooo, I got my eRoll, and I'm very pleased with it. I haven't charged the PCC in 5 days, and it only gave up on me today (since I just smoke outside with it, the battery lasts a little more.

The only thing that bothers me, is that the eRoll will sometimes leak while being in the PCC, and I don't really know why. I've paid attention to having the air hole upwards while it's in the PCC, but it still happens sometimes. My father wanted to try the eRoll when I got it, and drew on it shortly while it hadn't even had contact with any eliquid yet, I wonder if that's the cause?
Do you keep your eRoll pointed towards the ground when vaping, so that the eliquid gets in touch with the wick? Since it's my first tank, I have the impression that when the eRoll is pointed upwards, the eliquid doesn't get in contact with the atomizer. I've tried cleaning the atomizer, let's see how it will be once everything's recharged.

Also, pretty stupid of me, but I threw away the warranty without paying attention, so I couldn't check if it really isn't a (well made) fake >_>

I couldn't tell you about any of those problems, as I haven't really had any problems with mine (except for trying to get liquid into that microscopic little hole in the tank! arghh!), but as for its authenticity... do you still have the JoyeTech box it came in? (silver rectangle) I kept mine, to have a place to stash all the necessary doodads... If you look on the back of the box, there's a JoyeTech sticker, mine is right next to the UPC sticker, and the JoyeTech sticker has a "scratch-off" area under another bar code, with a number under the scratch-off... you need a magnifying glass to read it, but you can enter that number at the JoyeTech site, to verify it's real. Hope that helps!

Andria

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
If you're getting a dry hit, either your tank is low or you have an air bubble on the spike of the atomizer. Try giving the unit a sharp flick with your wrist to dislodge the bubble, see if that helps.

As for the leaking, is it only in the PCC? If so, does your PCC have little grooves where the battery rests and on the lid? You may have gotten an older model unit, before they added the grooves. There's no real fix for that as far as I know.

UserLuxembourg

Jul 19, 2011
Luxembourg
Andria: No luck, my sticker was on the warranty. I did scratch it off, there were some black, red and green numbers if I remember correctly. But I guess that would've been a lot of work to fake all of that stuff, so I'm 90%ish confident about the authenticity. 100% would've been better though. And I think the warranty just works for the US, in my case, I would need to refer to the store I bought it from. Thus not such a big deal.

Johnny: I do have two pairs of grooves, lid and bottom, but what how would the be linked to the leaking?
Sometimes, the tank is a little bit oily, but I guess that's normal. And since the eRoll rests in the PCC as soon as I'm home, it's the only place where it has time to leak, always in the atomizer body area.
photo (1).jpg
photo (2).jpg

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
The grooves are there to prevent leaking. The original models didn't have the grooves and leaked like crazy. I'm not smart enough to understand the physics, but it seems to work.

Is it leaking out of the eRoll and into the PCC, or is it just inside of the atomizer cone? Inside the cone it will have moisture. It's mostly condensation due to how the unit gets airflow to the atomizer. If it's outside of the cone, then it could be a faulty tank, cone or atomizer. Try changing all 3 pieces if you can and see if anything changes.

rj134

Jan 6, 2014
Cologne

If your dad dragged on it while empty then that might have burned the wick. Unless the atty performance is still acceptable you might wanna pop its cap off to check. If it's badly burned you can replace thw wick or use a new atty.

You do wanna hold the eroll pointing downwards between drags, obviously, because only then will liquid run down the tank where it'll be absorbed by the wick. Gravity is your friend.

Also you want to check if there's an air bubble in the tank blocking liquid flow. If it does, then just flick you finger against the tank a few times until you see the air coming up in the tank.

Far as leaking goes, you will inevitably get a little bit of it every now and then due to the way the eroll works. As you puff on it, the atomizer will always fire for a little bit longer than you drag. This causes vapor to condense inside the atty and atty cone. Unfortunately this is the nature of the beast with automatically fired ecigs so there's nothing you can do except opening it up every now and then to clean out the condensed liquid.
If you get a lot of leaking, then the tank nozzle might be worn out, or you don't have enough liquid in the tank. Try and refill the tank before it goes below 10% or so. Not enough liquid in the tank can cause whatever remains in it to just leak out.

UserLuxembourg

Jul 19, 2011
Luxembourg
Johnnie: It leaks in both cases.

rj: It doesn't leak that much, I was just surprised to see some eliquid in the PCC, since I haven't read about it anywhere. But it's manageable, so it might just be normal as you say.

Andria: I tried filling up the tank trough its hole with my bottle, it did fit in it, but there was no place left for air to circulate, so I couldn't get any liquid in and had to take the cap off. I bought a new bottle today though, with a needle, and it works perfectly!

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
Aha! Did you pop the cap on all the tanks, or only one? Does it leak at all with the other tanks?

The tanks have a tiny gasket under the cap. If this isn't seated properly, it will leak.

Sorry for so many questions. I've used mine every day for over a month now, and the only leak I experienced was user error when I was drunk. Just trying to help you narrow it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread