Construction worker needs a good vape setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andromendous

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2014
Oklahoma, USA
Hello all, I was hoping you guys could give some good suggestions for me, I work in construction, sometimes im roofing all day, sometimes im digging ditches, sometimes im out in the rain all day.

I really need something that can take a punishment, but also be smaller and fit in my pocket, it also needs to last all day, it would be nice to get something on the cheaper side, but im sure thats wishful thinking.

Thanks for any advice!

VCross

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
Yucaipa, California
One of the toughest mods that I've seen is the iTaste VTR. One of my best friends from when I was in the military who now works as a police officer just got himself one and he stress tested it like it was Glock and it was still putting out good flavor. It's a bit of an older mod now and still somewhat expensive but he said it was his all time favorite simply because of how durable it is.

Shigura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Lincoln, NE
You could also have a look at the Heatvape Invader Mini, 50W TC device with a water resistant rating of IPX4. Goes around $60-70 depending were you purchase it from and if you wanted to try out temperature control it does that too.

They even break a vise grip attempting to destroy this thing.

Shigura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Lincoln, NE
I suppose just look for atomizers that are completely sealed (no viewing window) to which your already accostomed to. There are subohm tanks with RBA heads similar to an RTA but I don't think that'll be up your alley. However in light of temperature control you can utilize covered RTAs with little worry of a dry hit since you can't guage how much juice is left. But thats probably something else for another day if you so choose to!

Just a little tip on the invader mini: There are 2 revisions of the device that are marked via packaging. The package with the cardboard half sleeve is the 2nd version and the one to get. For more information and a good review take a look at pbsuardo's video on it, tasteyourjuice.com :toast:.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andromendous

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    What are you using Carto's or a tank and which one.

If you need a high wattage device makes all the difference?

Your in construction RIGHT no doubt your going to drop your device a few time, If I was you I would go for a inexpensive device like the VAMO that's easily replaceable and not one but two of them when working and have what ever you want in the car/home when not working.

If your using Carto's just about any pen type device will work out good.

Fasttech.com

Andromendous

ECF Veteran
    Jul 12, 2014
    Oklahoma, USA
    I have a vamo, its too big, and doesnt sub ohm. I also have 2 stingray x clones, a nemisis and a 49 mod. The stringrays are pretty good for work but sometimes their just too heavy to keep in my pocket. My stingray and my kayfun lite +v2 with a .8 ohm coil is my favorite setup. Its just a tad too heavy and the kayfun is a PINA!!! to get wicking right imo.

Who-dat

ECF Veteran
    Mar 15, 2011
    Austin
    Been vaping for almost five years now, but haven't kept up with the trends. the reason I haven't is because I bought a Reo, and that one mod has lasted me for five years. It's been dropped more times than I can count, spent the night in saltwater, dealt with more sawdust and drywall than I care to recall, and it;s made it through all of it beaten and bruised, but still ticking. A Reo is a rock. And, if something goes South, it's simple enough to fix in a jiffy.

Having said all that, I recently got the itch for something new. I wanted it to be simple, and didn't want goofy tanks and what-not hanging off the top of it. I went with an grip, actually a pair of them.

The Joyetech grip is dead simple, and has an integrated tank like the REo. It's small, and really easy to pocket. The only thing I don't like about it is that the integrated battery is kind of small. But that's easy enough to address, by buying two of them. Vape one, while the other is charging. As a bonus, you can now buy one with an OLED screen, and they're about $50. You can also buy rubber skins for them for about $4 each. Those skins make the unit drop-proof.

I say, buy two grip OLEDs, with two $4 skins...

cadman

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 1, 2009
    Oklahoma
    These are great mods, its just hard to find one that will be comfortable in my pocket all day, in the heat etc...

When you find the setup you want, take it to a leather shop and have them make holster for it..... Wear it on your belt.

VCross

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 6, 2015
    Yucaipa, California
    Been vaping for almost five years now, but haven't kept up with the trends. the reason I haven't is because I bought a Reo, and that one mod has lasted me for five years. It's been dropped more times than I can count, spent the night in saltwater, dealt with more sawdust and drywall than I care to recall, and it;s made it through all of it beaten and bruised, but still ticking. A Reo is a rock. And, if something goes South, it's simple enough to fix in a jiffy.

Having said all that, I recently got the itch for something new. I wanted it to be simple, and didn't want goofy tanks and what-not hanging off the top of it. I went with an grip, actually a pair of them.

The Joyetech grip is dead simple, and has an integrated tank like the REo. It's small, and really easy to pocket. The only thing I don't like about it is that the integrated battery is kind of small. But that's easy enough to address, by buying two of them. Vape one, while the other is charging. As a bonus, you can now buy one with an OLED screen, and they're about $50. You can also buy rubber skins for them for about $4 each. Those skins make the unit drop-proof.

I say, buy two grip OLEDs, with two $4 skins...
    Yeah but make sure you buy from a reputable dealer. I got mine from a dirt cheap chinese supplier and it started leaking real bad on me. My wifes however works like a champ.

coolerat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2015
    Verona,NY
    That Invader is a tough little unit. They really set out to make it tough.

Where I work any fall is gonna be a fatality for the tank so really I don't worry to much about that. Just have a spare somewhere. The tank I use, Orchid V6, can be made fully stainless but I like my glass tanks so I just keeps bands on it and hope for the best.

And keep a spare in my locker.

But if I dropped my mod from time to time I would definitely get a Invader.

coolerat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2015
    Verona,NY
    This is gonna sound crazy but hear me out.

Its different for me as when I work I'm wearing a heavy jacket so my mod is in my jacket pocket. It takes a beating getting hit and such, I carry an IPV4, but I hear exactly what your saying.

If I was you I would consider an iStick 30. They are tiny and weight nothing. Few others in that same class as well but the i30 is freakin tiny.

Not the greatest mod in the world but plenty of power to subohm through the day. And honestly if worst case happens your out 30 bucks.

And put something nicer in your hand after work.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread