Contact Schwarzenegger to oppose SB 400, CA ban - Form Letter

Status
Not open for further replies.

epluribus_vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I posted a thread to get opinions on having a vaping club.. got some good input, and one comment that a 'club' may not be the best name... mainly because we're not 'recruiting' anyone, just giving the information out to people who want it, I see that point. Got some ideas bouncing around, and setup a site Wicked Vapors - Wicked Vapors going to see how it goes :)

Thanks for the advice.

LaceyUnderall

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2008
USA and Canada
eplurbis... you are definitely on the right track.

The goal should be simple: Like minded people wanting to do something together. Whether that's buying in bulk, sitting around enjoying vaping, or emailing each other when a news article pops up that everyone should read.

One thing I have learned from being on ECF, RTV, VF, VT - Having a multitude of people doing their "own" thing and reporting back for the greater good, is amazing. There is no way I could ever know half of the stuff I know now, if someone else hadn't pointed me there.

And thank god because I don't watch local news... too depressing... and I just about missed the Indy smoking ban until Treece pointed it out! Now... I can be completely proactive instead of reactive.

But you know all of this or you wouldn't be here ;)

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Defering to the SE v. FDA case:

To the Members of the California State Senate:
I am returning Senate Bill 400 without my signature.
While I support restricting access of electronic cigarettes to children under the age of 18, I cannot sign a measure that also declares them a federally regulated drug when the matter is currently being decided through pending litigation.

Items defined as “tobacco products” are legal for anyone over the age of 18. If adults want to purchase and consume these products with an understanding of the associated health risks, they should be able to do so unless and until federal law changes the legal status of these tobacco
products.

For this reason, I am unable to sign this bill.

Sincerely,
Arnold Schwarzenegger

Sun

YoMike

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2009
Maui HI
Sharky makes an excellent point in several other threads that should not go unnoticed:

This veto could be overridden with a 2/3 majority vote in the Senate and the Assembly SOOOOOO...

We need to start discovering who was on the fence and voted for the bill so we can get them the correct information.

I really don't think the Senate and the Assembly is going to over ride anything and get into the Gov's face after the ordeal their going thru now. JMHO

LaceyUnderall

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2008
USA and Canada
Yo -

That's a good point to.

Either way, we should keep our eyes peeled and make sure that it doesn't happen.

The Governor's veto message was very powerful and with all of the things that he did veto, it would hopefully be unlikely such an event could happen... however, as we have learned... this is a sneaky bunch... changing wording quickly and moving with haste.

gashin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2008
Southern California USA
www.ecigmall.com
**** yeah!proves that not everyone in the government is a ......! Lets just hope this applies to the fed government
defering to the se v. Fda case:

to the members of the california state senate:
i am returning senate bill 400 without my signature.
while i support restricting access of electronic cigarettes to children under the age of 18, i cannot sign a measure that also declares them a federally regulated drug when the matter is currently being decided through pending litigation.

items defined as “tobacco products” are legal for anyone over the age of 18. If adults want to purchase and consume these products with an understanding of the associated health risks, they should be able to do so unless and until federal law changes the legal status of these tobacco
products.

for this reason, i am unable to sign this bill.

sincerely,
arnold schwarzenegger

sun

YAY!! Nice to wake up to good news!

Now, if you're in CA, write your Assembly person and Senator. I've written mine - and they voted against it in the first place. They probably won't be revisiting SB 400, but they'll try to come up with something else.

As Lacey said - we should keep our eyes peeled - Ouch! But as SB 400 showed, sneaky sneaky folks up there in Sac!

Sun, where'd you find that quote? It's not up on the gov site yet.

Last edited:

LaceyUnderall

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2008
USA and Canada

Now, if you're in CA, write your Assembly person and Senator. I've written mine - and they voted against it in the first place. They probably won't be revisiting SB 400, but they'll try to come up with something else.

As Lacey said - we should keep our eyes peeled - Ouch! But as SB 400 showed, sneaky sneaky folks up there in Sac!

There you are!!! Some of us were wondering what happened to you!!! Good lord woman... did you really get some sleep? Happy vaping to you :lol:

LaceyUnderall

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2008
USA and Canada

Post #86 has it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread