Status
Not open for further replies.

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
I recently found a tiny insect inside a Dekang Liquid I had ordered. Sent back the liquid to the vendor who concurred it was in fact an insect. Has anyone else had a similar experience with any kind of debris inside the liquid? Please register your thoughts here so we all know whether or not this is an isolated incident. I also found an extreme chemical taste inside one of their liquids which will not go away with any amount of steeping.

shakeytails

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Kentucky, United States
I've tried a few Dekang, will probably try a few more. I really like their Camel, cinnamon and watermelon flavors. Blueberry tastes like soap, but I'm letting it steep and the smell seems to be changing, hopefully the taste will, too. No bugs in my juice, though.

It's probably an isolated incident. A bug or two ain't gonna kill you anyway- I'm sure you eaten pounds of them in your life in good 'ol American processed food.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Pictures or it didn't happen.:D

But seriously, have you ever seen the FDA standards for bug parts acceptable in foods, Tea bags, etc.? It might just scare the heck out of you.

Next question is how did it get in there? Possible hitchhiked inside a cap only to get screwed in the end.........literally.:glare:

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
Brings a whole new idea to bettlejuice. HAHA That sucks. At least they worked with you. Obviously they would have to or suffer great wrath, but it makes me wonder what their quality control is doing on the job.

Can't really blame the vendor. They didn't make the liquid, just selling what the factory in China sent them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread