Sep 25, 2012
United States
Last edited:

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
I smoked 2 packs a day and go through 6ml of juice a day.

Heavy smoker and a heavy vaper but if you divide 40 into 6 it should give you a general idea. .....provided you vape as much as me...some dont and some vape more.

Much of it dependent on juice delivery devices as well as how many watts you vape at so a LOT of variables to consider there.

Too much for me, just vape and enjoy and forget about the numbers.

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
I smoked 2 packs a day and go through 6ml of juice a day.

Too much for me, just vape and enjoy and forget about the numbers.

agreed, forget about the numbers. we are no longer a statistic dangnabbit.

iused to smoke A PAD, i vape 4-6 mls a day. what ever works - is all that you should care about

Dayglow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2012
Greenville, NC
It's not an easy question to answer as a lot of the data is still not back on hard rates of absorption, which will vary between users. Some data suggests an average cigarette has around 1mg of nicotine. From that the user may absorb 50% of that. So each cigarette may yield 0.5mg nicotine into the body. It should also be noted that a lot of cigarettes include nitrogenous bases to their blends to make the nicotine more of a freebase when heated which increases the bioavailability.
Now if we look at vaping, 1mL of 12mg liquid has 12mg of nicotine. It's hard to say how much of that we absorb, but it's not unreasonable to presume (for the sack of this breakdown) that it's the same as a cigarette. So we will presume 50%. This means that from one mL of that liquid consumed we've absorbed 6mg of nicotine.

If all this is "accurate" then in the process of vaping that 1mL of liquid we have consumed a rough equivalence of 12 cigarettes.
This may seem like a lot, but like I said the science is still not hard set and the math is fairly fluid. I am sure that a persons mucous membranes vary in absorption rates if they smoked for a year vs 10 years.
The best bet for gauging your dosing is to pick a moderate strength and feel it out over the course of a week and see where you fall.

In the end, if we are consuming more nicotine through vaping than smoking it is still better than smoking. Scientific studies have shown isolated nicotine to be no more harmful, physiologically, than caffeine.

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Of that I am aware :)

I know how I feel about my nic levels, but I recently brought someone over from smoking who happens to be a math instructor and wanted hard data on nic comparisons.

Thanks for the link. While I certainly frequently use the search function, not all threads have all the info organized like this.

AFAIK, there is no hard data... Remember, it's not just about nicotine--cigarette smoke delivers a powerful cocktail of 4000 or so different chemicals, from arsenic and carbon monoxide to those lovely whole tobacco alkaloids... Vaping doesn't. It's a totally different experience, as you know. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread