Cool coil build

Discussion in 'Reos Mods' started by Krazirob, Jan 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Krazirob

Krazirob Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Im gonna call this the paperclip coil....LOL....someone said that on the REO Facebook page....

I copied this from pDib to see if it would work better on my darker juices......usually those gunk up faster so figured since there is a gap in between it may work.......havent seen the difference yet but here is my beginning pics.....

used 24 gauge kanthal which came out to .45 ohms......wrapped it around a 3/32 drill bit and used a 5/64 drill bit to make the loop

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Marvin & Sennie

Marvin & Sennie Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Interesting... let us know your review once you had a chance to really vape with it.

3. custom-classic

custom-classic Registered Supplier - Offline ECF Veteran

The Dibby Crack flavor gap; nice!!!!!

Been meanin' to try that, just haven't gotten 'round to it.

Nice work. :D

4. dragonl

dragonl Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Great looking coil, any video to show how it is done.

5. Krazirob

No not yet no video tutorial. I've never made one but guess there's a first for everything. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. Raynman

Raynman Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nice. I'll be checking back to see how it works.

7. Krazirob

So coil works fine and vapor production is good as you can tell on my video but it still gunks up on my darker juice.

Here is a question though. Is there any way to overcome this issue with dark juices? Any way to turn it from dark to clear? Could I change the color with food coloring maybe?

I have some juice from vaporholic and they put food coloring in their juices for fun. They make strictly 100vg cloud chasing juice. And that does not gunk up at all and it's bright red.

8. supertrunker

supertrunker Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Yeah the dibby crack - you start with the loop and then wind each half of the coil outwards from that.

T

9. txgtr

txgtr Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I don't think that using food coloring will help. I doubt you could use it to lighten up a dark juice.

What I've started doing now for about a month is cutting my juice with 50/50 pg/vg unflavored. I like dark juices as well and they gunk up very quick. I was re wicking several times a day. Since I've started cutting my juice I can go a whole day on one wick. The flavor, to me, is still there. I think I actually like it better. Especially all VG juices like Boba's. I've heard that PG carries flavor better, so maybe that helps to not diminish the flavor. Of course if you have an intolerance to PG that won't work.

I've tried cutting my Boba's with all unflavored VG and I didn't care for the results as much. It's vapable, but a bit muted. YMMV

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.