Cool coil build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krazirob

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
Cameron, NC
Im gonna call this the paperclip coil....LOL....someone said that on the REO Facebook page....

I copied this from pDib to see if it would work better on my darker juices......usually those gunk up faster so figured since there is a gap in between it may work.......havent seen the difference yet but here is my beginning pics.....

used 24 gauge kanthal which came out to .45 ohms......wrapped it around a 3/32 drill bit and used a 5/64 drill bit to make the loop

Krazirob

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
Cameron, NC
So coil works fine and vapor production is good as you can tell on my video but it still gunks up on my darker juice.

Here is a question though. Is there any way to overcome this issue with dark juices? Any way to turn it from dark to clear? Could I change the color with food coloring maybe?

I have some juice from vaporholic and they put food coloring in their juices for fun. They make strictly 100vg cloud chasing juice. And that does not gunk up at all and it's bright red.

txgtr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2013
Texas
Here is a question though. Is there any way to overcome this issue with dark juices? Any way to turn it from dark to clear? Could I change the color with food coloring maybe?

I don't think that using food coloring will help. I doubt you could use it to lighten up a dark juice.

What I've started doing now for about a month is cutting my juice with 50/50 pg/vg unflavored. I like dark juices as well and they gunk up very quick. I was re wicking several times a day. Since I've started cutting my juice I can go a whole day on one wick. The flavor, to me, is still there. I think I actually like it better. Especially all VG juices like Boba's. I've heard that PG carries flavor better, so maybe that helps to not diminish the flavor. Of course if you have an intolerance to PG that won't work.

I've tried cutting my Boba's with all unflavored VG and I didn't care for the results as much. It's vapable, but a bit muted. YMMV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread