Not open for further replies.

BostonVape

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2013
BeanTown
coolfire.jpg

i'm telling you.. the CF2 fits PERFECT in your hand.. its actually not as big as the pics make it seem.. but it does have some weight on it.. its a great mod and I'm happy with it. Plus the iclear30b is awesome too. paid 65$ for both mod/clearo which is a good deal considering they are charging 20$ individually for the 30b

but I do get what you mean about the 18350 only .. its kind of annoying.

cubfanthad

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2010
Rock Island IL
Got my Coolfire 1 yesterday... Love the look, love the feel, love the performance. HATE the battery life. The iClear 30b... Ehhh it's getting better as the coils break in but it's still a little harsh after being 3 tanks in. I Love the look of them on the the Coolfire but I think a single coil on an 18350 would benefit the battery life. I have no doubt that they, or someone, will come out with a battery extension tube and a single coil option.
Was it worth getting?... Heck ya!

Dac311

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Baton Rouge, LA
I got mine in today. Loving it the simplicity and the small form factor. I would this would be a great product for people who want to vape at slightly higher voltage without all the fuss. To me this is a game changer. Instead of having regulated voltage on basic egos, I hope they eventually move to regulated wattage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TheJakeBailey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Austin,TX, USA
I'm intrigued by the 1. I'm a tanked carto user, and 8-9 watts is generally the sweet spot. (generally the sweet spot for a lot of things too, which is probably why they picked it.) I'm interested in it for the simplicity. Like a mech, but with safety features! Size wise, is it comparable to a zmax mini? obviously it has to fit the battery inside, but length wise... Seems like it could be smaller without the need for a screen and whatnot. Just curious.

Dac311

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Baton Rouge, LA
Ok, I found a review online that showed it next to the mvp for size comparison, and it IS smaller than the zmax mini. now I'm really interested in trying one out. :)

Yeah, I've got the zmax telescopic. And it's a tad taller than the mini in 18350 mode. The CF1 is 3/4 - 1 inch shorter than my zmax.

chainvapor

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2010
Kodak TN
Just so everyone knows, I made 18650 extensions for the cool fire 1. I am soon to be working on the same for the cool fire 2. See attached picture for a look at mine.

2014-01-20 20.32.44.jpg

2014-01-20 20.33.13.jpg

Love my Cool Fire 1 with the 18650 extension. It is a nice simple mod that works good. 8.5w is a really nice spot for the iclear 30b tanks too!

CV :vapor:

P.S. One more thing to add. I also own a SVD from innokin and although I like it, the cool fire is about a tank shorter than the SVD even with the 18650 battery. Also, someone posted that the SVD is only $40 and that may be true, but the SVD does not come with an iclear 30b for $40, you would have to buy that seperate. The Cool Fire 1 comes with the 30b for around $45, so I think it is a pretty decent deal.

Last edited:

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Just so everyone knows, I made 18650 extensions for the cool fire 1. I am soon to be working on the same for the cool fire 2. See attached picture for a look at mine.

View attachment 297103

View attachment 297104

Love my Cool Fire 1 with the 18650 extension. It is a nice simple mod that works good. 8.5w is a really nice spot for the iclear 30b tanks too!

P.S. One more thing to add. I also own a SVD from innokin and although I like it, the cool fire is about a tank shorter than the SVD even with the 18650 battery. Also, someone posted that the SVD is only $40 and that may be true, but the SVD does not come with an iclear 30b for $40, you would have to buy that seperate. The Cool Fire 1 comes with the 30b for around $45, so I think it is a pretty decent deal.

Looks very nice. I was hoping they would come out with an extension for a 18490/18500.

TinaBaleena

Jun 3, 2013
Humble, TX
Let me ask you guys something. I have been using my CF 1 for 2 months and I use DCT tanks with Boge SR XL's - 3 ohms.

Why am I going through Cartos like crazy? Is 8.5 watts too much power? I am at my wits end! Also, when using 60/40 juice - Heaven's Candy Mr. Good Vape - 8.5 Watts seems to burn up. I did have to settle for slotted cartos as my vape shot stopped carrying the punched Boge Cartos. Now my Cartos flood and burn up (the flooded juice is so dark as it leaks onto battery post).

Should I just switch to Dual Coil Cartos or switch to a VV VW device?

chainvapor

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2010
Kodak TN
Let me ask you guys something. I have been using my CF 1 for 2 months and I use DCT tanks with Boge SR XL's - 3 ohms.

Why am I going through Cartos like crazy? Is 8.5 watts too much power? I am at my wits end! Also, when using 60/40 juice - Heaven's Candy Mr. Good Vape - 8.5 Watts seems to burn up. I did have to settle for slotted cartos as my vape shot stopped carrying the punched Boge Cartos. Now my Cartos flood and burn up (the flooded juice is so dark as it leaks onto battery post).

Should I just switch to Dual Coil Cartos or switch to a VV VW device?

Yes 8.5W is a bit much for a Single coil. Some juices will perform ok with a single coil at this wattage, but I have personally found that most won't. I would switch to a dual coil carto or tank for this unit. I have been using the iclear 30b tanks with the cool fire 1 and it seems to perform really well with them. As far as battery life from the dual coils............I am running an 18650 battery with the extension tube I made, so battery life is not a problem.

StrikeIII

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2013
Chicago
Besides the Provari...WHat is a goos VV VW Mini (or telescoping) device I could jump to?

I'm personally loving my Hana Modz Mini. It's a DNA 20 mod but the DNA 30 version should be out within the next week or so. It's a box mod but nice and small that has a recessed drip well that sits all toppers nicely in the mod. Our the Vapor Shark DNA 30 should be out mid Feb. This will be a big year for DNA devices.

If you want a tube mod then you can look at the NexGen Futura DNA 30 but they can't seem to get their Quality Control consistent. The ZNA mod is kinda of a Tube mod with a DNA 30.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

chainvapor

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2010
Kodak TN
Yes 8.5W is a bit much for a Single coil. Some juices will perform ok with a single coil at this wattage, but I have personally found that most won't. I would switch to a dual coil carto or tank for this unit. I have been using the iclear 30b tanks with the cool fire 1 and it seems to perform really well with them. As far as battery life from the dual coils............I am running an 18650 battery with the extension tube I made, so battery life is not a problem.

I just wanted to add that after starting to build my own 28 gauge kanthal microcoils for the protank/davide heads I can vape any juice at 8.5 watts with no problems. I actually prefer my new rebuilt coils at 10-11 watts!! Just wanted to add this info since the above post says single coils can't handle 8.5 watts. Stock coils are really pushing the limit at 8.5 watts though, but if you don't mind a few minutes work, my rebuilt single coils actually made me do away with my dual coil tanks all together.

chainvapor

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2010
Kodak TN
pssst.......My company is working on a DNA30 tube mod. Will update when we are closer to finishing the prototypes. The basic design is finished and we are waiting on the DNA 30 boards (ordered about 3 weeks ago). It will be a modular tube mod that can be used with the DNA 30 or as a mechanical mod as well. I am pretty excited about it. After the first ten protos are finished I will post pics. We are looking at a 500 piece run if we get good feedback on the protos. These will be 100% American made and assembled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread