Cool Fire 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawaiiVPR

Moved On
Oct 19, 2013
808 State
I'm personally loving my Hana Modz Mini. It's a dna 20 mod but the dna 30 version should be out within the next week or so. It's a box mod but nice and small that has a recessed drip well that sits all toppers nicely in the mod. Our the Vapor Shark dna 30 should be out mid Feb. This will be a big year for DNA devices.

If you want a tube mod then you can look at the NexGen Futura DNA 30 but they can't seem to get their Quality Control consistent. The ZNA mod is kinda of a Tube mod with a DNA 30.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk 4

Well, who wouldn't love a Hana Modz! But I think the OP was inquiring about a telescoping VV/VW device ;)
With that said, the only ones that comes to mind would be an innokin SVD, Sigelei Zmax or Spire mod.

Just wanted to add since I'm in this thread, I picked up a coolfire 1 for my wife who wanted a simple, press the button and vape mod that has more power than an ego battery and purse friendly. Threw my 1ohm RDA on to see how it vapes, and not bad at all! Battery life would be an issue for me if I used this regularly, but for a 1.8ohm or higher clearo/carto, its a perfect little device.

Its definitely a nice mod, but no surprise being an innokin product ;)

Ed_C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO
pssst.......My company is working on a DNA30 tube mod. Will update when we are closer to finishing the prototypes. The basic design is finished and we are waiting on the DNA 30 boards (ordered about 3 weeks ago). It will be a modular tube mod that can be used with the DNA 30 or as a mechanical mod as well. I am pretty excited about it. After the first ten protos are finished I will post pics. We are looking at a 500 piece run if we get good feedback on the protos. These will be 100% American made and assembled.

CV :vapor:
That sounds cool. DNA tube mods seem to be few and far between. Any idea what they might sell for?

chainvapor

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2010
Kodak TN
That sounds cool. DNA tube mods seem to be few and far between. Any idea what they might sell for?

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I am not sure about price. The first 10 prototypes are slated for production in the next 2-3 weeks and will be made of copper. Still waiting on the DNA 30 boards so we can tweak the design if needed. It will probably be more affordable when we get into the 100-500 piece run. The first 10 will probably be pretty high in price. That being said, I am pretty sure we will be making the 100-500 piece order from Stainless Steel to lower cost a little. We will see. But I am really excited to see what the future holds!!!

CV

kathi17

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Stonington, ME, USA
I'd like to know how you guys are getting a good vape off the Coolfire 1. Mine mostly had a red light with fully charged brand new 18350's, (1 genuine AW, two purple efests). Now I have an 18650 extension tube, and the light is green with purple efest 18650's, but almost no vapor or flavor with the 30b, 3 PT3's, my Aspire Nautilus, my KFL +, my Kraken, and my Nimbus.

My egos perform better than the CF1, they have flavor and vapor. When I vape on the CF, it's like vaping air. No throat hit, almost no vapor and no flavor. just like there is nothing in the tank. I don't get why some people love it. I also am wondering how you get it to fire with an 18350 battery. Mine has only worked once or twice with those, the rest of the time the light just stayed red

I love my MVP, but I don't dare try any more Innokin products because my CF is so bad. The MVP sends out clouds and flavor from every device I put on it. I don't understand how the CF 1 can be so awful.

If I take out the guts, can I turn this thing into a mech mod and maybe use it with a kick? Or is there a way to measure the wattage mine is putting out? There is no way I am getting 8 watts out of it. It has been my biggest waste of money on vaping equipment to date.

I've had it since January or February, and I've been trying to like it, but I just feel like I'm sucking on air and not getting anything with it. I like the looks of it, but I have to keep switching to my other things while I'm struggling to get a vape when I use it.

blueGrassTubb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2014
The Bluegrass
While this is kind of a cool looking device, I'm not sure who would want to buy a 18350 only device that has a fixed 8.5 watt output. What was Innokin thinking? Any takers?

It was my first MOD.

It was a great MOD.

8.5W is PERFECT for most factory heads that go in tanks like Pro Tanks or Nautiluses because they generally can't handle higher wattages (the wire is simply too thin to handle high current well). It makes things simple for someone who doesn't know what's going on and wants an intro to regulated MODs. It's very consistent throughout the battery life.

It's a great little size for on the go too.

I no longer use mine, but that shoud be a reflection on the quality of devices I have bought since, not a reflection on the quality of MOD that the Cool Fire 1. The only con is the low frequency of the PWM that can burn some juices, even at the low wattage. FOr most juices and factory tanks, it's a great little MOD.

kathi17

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Stonington, ME, USA
Well, my Cool Fire 1 just quit working....only get flashing red light with a new battery. No power to the atty. It is about 3 months old. Am not impressed with the build....have had problems off and on with this ever since I got it. No more Innokin for me.

Same here, only mine only worked a couple of times. I do like my MVP 2.0, but I won't order anything else from Innokin either.

chawk

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Port Republic,MD,USA
Well, my Cool Fire 1 just quit working....only get flashing red light with a new battery. No power to the atty. It is about 3 months old. Am not impressed with the build....have had problems off and on with this ever since I got it. No more Innokin for me.
Mine is dead as well with a solid YELLOW light... not sure what that means, but its not working. It was my go to for a long time, then I got into mechs. I still used it first thing in the morning with a protank, but it is done now:(

undone23

Dec 13, 2014
around
I got my Cool Fire I second hand but practically new. It started failing after only mild abuse: a couple light drops here or there. I traveled with it in my pocket or backpack and the connections inside apparently came loose. I got solid red, yellow, and green lights or no response at all the button presses.

While I worked towards getting a new device(waiting on paycheck), I was able to keep it working (And Not Smoke analogs) by tapping/hitting it from various sides on the main piece. This was enough to jostle the innards enough to let it fire and get a full 4-5 second pull. Occasionally a strong rap against the floor on the base or the top with the tank removed. I had to do it before each puff until the button presses registered. I didn't care if I damaged it more as I considered it already broken. It finally found a steady state where it worked again normally and I leave it on the desk as a backup. It still works, with occasional shaking/rattling, but I wouldn't trust/travel with it.

I am suspect of Innokin's build quality on these things, which is rather disappointing. One would think that a device without VV/VW would pride itself on durability and quality. That being said, I enjoyed the steady 8.5 watt dual coil tank setup for what it was. I've seen some for around $30 now including a iClear tank. For that price, I might buy another one just to keep at the desk; but I don't know if I'd trust Innokin again.

undone23

Dec 13, 2014
around
Got my Coolfire 1 yesterday... Love the look, love the feel, love the performance. HATE the battery life. The iClear 30b... Ehhh it's getting better as the coils break in but it's still a little harsh after being 3 tanks in. I Love the look of them on the the Coolfire but I think a single coil on an 18350 would benefit the battery life. I have no doubt that they, or someone, will come out with a battery extension tube and a single coil option.
Was it worth getting?... Heck ya!

I ordered my extension tube from Origin Vape. It came in an official Innokin box.
https://originvape.com/product/innokin-cool-fire-i-18650-adapter-tube/http://

I used mine exclusively with 18650s but always had dual coil tanks. It worked great while it worked.

Glam

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2011
La Salle, Illinois
Well, a forum friend sent me her barely used Cool Fire 1....I used it for a couple of weeks. Then went to pick it up....and it was so hot it burned my hand.....got very hot just sitting....scared me pretty badly. I quickly grabbed a towel and took the thing apart...and threw it in the waste basket. That is two of them that caused me big problems. Buyer beware of Innokin products.

Eric Auer

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2014
PA
Well, a forum friend sent me her barely used Cool Fire 1....I used it for a couple of weeks. Then went to pick it up....and it was so hot it burned my hand.....got very hot just sitting....scared me pretty badly. I quickly grabbed a towel and took the thing apart...and threw it in the waste basket. That is two of them that caused me big problems. Buyer beware of Innokin products.

Bad batteries?

Two people in this thread had bad experiences with hand me down products, Don't think that warrants for a "buyer beware of Innokin products".

Innokin sells a lot of stuff, I'd be surprised if there was not a legit problem every now and then.

Eric

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
"Paradox", French West Indies
I'm on my 2nd Coolfire 1. Exchanged the 1st after 3 months use when the thing gave up the ghost. They work fine with 2 ohm coils or there about and even fire down to 1 ohm with a kayfun atop (not that I would recommend it!)..I just ordered the 18650 extension for mine for the obvious benefits. I still like it, my 1st purchase after ego's and before enlightenment!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread