Cool stuff coming... BUT I need your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone,

I've got something REALLY COOL that i have been working on! BUT I need your help to finish it and even to keep it going when it comes out! So, here is what I need from you:

I NEED YOU TO ASK ME QUESTIONS!!! (there is no such thing as a dumb question. Really, there isn't. Not kidding when I say that :D)

Now questions about what? Truthfully I need you to ask me questions about mods. If we can get some great questions to come my way, maybe, JUST MAYBE we make a podcast with things to come!

Who here would love to have a podcast based on vaping? Who here is willing to hear my call for questions?

-ModGuyMike-

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
Is it really safe to carry extra batteries in my pocket with loose change, keys for my mod?

Can I be arrested for sucking on a pipe bomb using my mod in public?

Will mods ever be intelligent enough to press my socks, and make the perfect cup of coffee?

Can customers get mods that work with native Linux applications?

Do mods always explode when held over an open fire?

What kind of mod is suggested for someone coming newly to mods?

Why are these fools telling me to put my extra batteries in rubbers?

Do I need a full on engineering degree to work a mod?

Which suits to vape more clouds, mechanical or regulated mods?

Do mods use leprechauns to achieve heating coils?

Why are there no leprechaun using mods?

Who regulates the safety of mods, or is it a buyer beware market?

What avenues of information on mods do you suggest people turn to for appropriate information that is unbiased?

Can we make a mod out of an empty soda can?

Will C-3PO ever be converted into a mod?

Do mods do toast, or what is it with coils that these idiots ramble on about?

I hope some at least are useful. Hope too some are at least a little funny and entertaining. :)

Is it really safe to carry extra batteries in my pocket with loose change, keys for my mod?

Will mods ever be intelligent enough to press my socks, and make the perfect cup of coffee?

What avenues of information on mods do you suggest people turn to for appropriate information that is unbiased?

I hope some at least are useful. Hope too some are at least a little funny and entertaining. :)

You officially made my day! "Will C-3PO be converted to a mod?" :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

TheKiddVapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Feb 16, 2016
    Los Angeles, CA
    Here's a question for the coolest supplier on ECF, My Lady. This is a two-fold question:

1. You've mentioned that you are fairly new in the vaping industry, what brought you to this fast growing industry and with your background was it an easy transition?

2. What is a feature in mods that you feel is going to be a game changer; is it going to be ceramic coils, 24mm + sized rebuildable tank atomizer's, is Ti, Ni SS coils with temperature control hybrid or just larger tank capacities?

Could this info be shared with you behind the camera/microphone? HELL YEAH!!!

LadyVapentine

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 16, 2015
    Sweet Home Chicago
    www.vapor4life.com
    Here's a question for the coolest supplier on ECF, My Lady. This is a two-fold question:

1. You've mentioned that you are fairly new in the vaping industry, what brought you to this fast growing industry and with your background was it an easy transition?

2. What is a feature in mods that you feel is going to be a game changer; is it going to be ceramic coils, 24mm + sized rebuildable tank atomizer's, is Ti, Ni SS coils with temperature control hybrid or just larger tank capacities?

Could this info be shared with you behind the camera/microphone? HELL YEAH!!!
    This sounds like a great idea! We've recently set up for video and @ModGuyMike and I will tackle this next week and post on here!

:rickroll::rickroll::rickroll: (I MAY EVEN DANCE ON FILM)

LadyVapentine

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 16, 2015
    Sweet Home Chicago
    www.vapor4life.com

WAIT, can you actually cook toast on coils? I feel like it might be a long wait and a lot of flipping over of bread.

pineappledan

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2011
    Dartmouth
    I've been out of the MOD scene for eons and I'm starting over again. I'm trying to find a MOD and tank kit that's affordable, adaptable, and has some top end grunt. Back when I was vaping a custom evercool Vv was the top of the line and 2.5 ohms at 6 volts was flirting with disaster. Now tanks are made by 50 different manufacturers but look similar. Do they all take different coils? Can someone explain all the acronyms? What's the best tank that's easy to fill and upgradeable or offers different coils. I was a bottom feeder if that's still a term so I can DIY. I also used to mix my own liquids so messing with coils is no big deal but I don't want to buy a bunch of stuff that doesn't work together.
    Thanks for explaining this stuff for us!

Reactions: LadyVapentine

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 28, 2014
    WAIT, can you actually cook toast on coils? I feel like it might be a long wait and a lot of flipping over of bread.

Hehe. No, I use a toaster for toast when I rarely eat it. Some of the same kind of wire though as some of the coil wire, if irrc, the nichrome I think. Least that's what some know it all keeps spouting.

Although, I'll have to try making toast on vaping coils, now. hehe. Same basic idea I'd think, heat juice or heat bread. *shrugs*

If I didn't use the toaster, I'm sure a wire grill up on some fire brick on the cast iron wood stove would suit. We got some spare wire grills round here too. And yes, things go South, a wood stove can be used to cook. :) Or in severe cases, even an open fire.

I can start a fire let me see, at least three, maybe four to six ways without lighter or matches, depending up situation / weather. Although, lighter and matches are handy too. * chuckles * No, I'm not a know it all myself. Too much I don't know. But I can have fun learning by doing. :)

I often step out of the way of the know it alls. They usually be telling me, the doer, how to do. I just move aside, let them become the doers, walk on off and let 'em be.

LadyVapentine

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 16, 2015
    Sweet Home Chicago
    www.vapor4life.com
    Hehe. No, I use a toaster for toast when I rarely eat it. Some of the same kind of wire though as some of the coil wire, if irrc, the nichrome I think. Least that's what some know it all keeps spouting.

Although, I'll have to try making toast on vaping coils, now. hehe. Same basic idea I'd think, heat juice or heat bread. *shrugs*

If I didn't use the toaster, I'm sure a wire grill up on some fire brick on the cast iron wood stove would suit. We got some spare wire grills round here too. And yes, things go South, a wood stove can be used to cook. :) Or in severe cases, even an open fire.

I can start a fire let me see, at least three, maybe four to six ways without lighter or matches, depending up situation / weather. Although, lighter and matches are handy too. * chuckles * No, I'm not a know it all myself. Too much I don't know. But I can have fun learning by doing. :)

I often step out of the way of the know it alls. They usually be telling me, the doer, how to do. I just move aside, let them become the doers, walk on off and let 'em be.
    This is unrelated to vaping, but I once put bread in the oven and it caught on fire. I'm not a domestic goddess, as it were. I *do* own an apron, but it's become more of a vapron to hold my vapes when I'm working in the yard :lol:

LadyVapentine

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 16, 2015
    Sweet Home Chicago
    www.vapor4life.com
    I've been out of the MOD scene for eons and I'm starting over again. I'm trying to find a MOD and tank kit that's affordable, adaptable, and has some top end grunt. Back when I was vaping a custom evercool Vv was the top of the line and 2.5 ohms at 6 volts was flirting with disaster. Now tanks are made by 50 different manufacturers but look similar. Do they all take different coils? Can someone explain all the acronyms? What's the best tank that's easy to fill and upgradeable or offers different coils. I was a bottom feeder if that's still a term so I can DIY. I also used to mix my own liquids so messing with coils is no big deal but I don't want to buy a bunch of stuff that doesn't work together.
    I nominate @ModGuyMike to field this one. He's the one who's been teaching me along the way. :wub::wub::wub:

Are you looking for something that is going to be closer to a smoking experience or a vaping experience? What I mean: do you want clouds or a nic hit?

b7c3794c60978ed689514f922f73dd36.jpg

It has begun!

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 28, 2014
    This is unrelated to vaping, but I once put bread in the oven and it caught on fire. I'm not a domestic goddess, as it were. I *do* own an apron, but it's become more of a vapron to hold my vapes when I'm working in the yard :lol:

S'all good. You're a vaping social media and public relations goddess. Eventually, you'll be fielding veteran vapers' questions without doubting any response you give leading anyone in a wrong direction. I know you will, can see it happening. ;) :)

I am going to review that new flavor. It came in post today. So far, it is tasty. Needs further vaping, breathing time. Berry Berry Good To Me, seems alright though. Will put further review in contest thread. Danke, Süße für den Wettbewerb. Liebe meine Kinder vorführt.

Reactions: LadyVapentine

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 28, 2014
    i want clouds!

Do not want to step on @ModGuyMike here, apologies if I do. I make clouds. :)

At present my set up is fairly simple. I am using an RSST by SmokTech for an atomizer. I have in it a 28ga kanthal coil with an inner diameter of 3mm and I have it wrapped 5 to 6 wraps depending on how you look at the coil. I use rayon for wick. Those who are genesis RTA purist may suggest using stainless steel. Not tried that yet myself as I find rayon suits me. The coil reads out at about 1.3oHm.

For a mod I'm using a SmokTech X-Pro M22. Presently, I find that 9 Watts works fine for Vapor 4 Life's Ultimo line of juice, iirc it is 60%Vg to 40%Pg based. I normally prefer a 50/50% +/- 5% based juice. Not having any problem though with a higher Vg based juice. V4L blends their juice base well and you can pick that up in vaping it. I'm becoming a fan of the Chicago Classic Smoke, enough so I think another vendor may cry as I may seek offering V4l some custom. Ha! Take that Hawk Sauce, I can beat my addiction to you. Muhaha.

Another good RDA I would suggest is $8.64 Velocity Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - 1:1 / 304 stainless steel / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping . It seems to have great reviews from vetran vapers and those starting out. I am steering you toward RDA/RTA andsuch as you want clouds. Yes, you might get clouds from evod style tanks but not so much. Evods are more for mouth to lung vaping types. If you want clouds, it seems indicative you want direct lung hits which satisfy. :) RDA/RTA and such offer that more so than evod tanks.

With RDAs comes needing to understand Ohm's Law, coil building. There's plenty of info, videos on both here and youtube. I suggest checking out @super_X_drifter for coil building, also checkout @Mooch for information regarding batteries and battery safety. You will eventually want a mod that allows swappable batteries. Reuleaux RX200W BY Wismec & Jaybo Design seems to be fairly popular as a better high end regulated mod that allows for battery swapping. Be sure if you buy one, get the red and black model. :) It is a very pretty color choice and will match most decors, situations.

Avoid mechanicals until you gain a good deal of information about them. Once you feel you've done due research on mechanicals, please exercise common sense and responsibility in using them and / or their batteries. If a person is not careful they can literally find themselves sucking on a pipe bomb. The danger merits time, learning.

Again sorry if I stepped on @ModGuyMike. I am sure he can also offer further advice, and more than likely, far better advice than any I may.

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 28, 2014
    b7c3794c60978ed689514f922f73dd36.jpg

It has begun!

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Yay! We get to see her dancing. :) No, that is not meant in any way other than being happy to see someone, anyone, happy enough to dance. I lack confidence enough to dance. Besides, I can only waltz while drunk. *chuckles* Still can appreciate seeing someone be joyful. :)

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 28, 2014
    Thought of another question.

Do vendors appreciate getting unsolicited customer requests to carry different products?

Which leads to another.

Is it often a hassle for vendors to buy a lot* of a product to satisfy only a few customer requests? ( By lot in this case I mean for example a minimum order of a product from a manufacture or wholesaler. )

And another.

Do vendors face difficulty when a customer has found their sweet spot for gear, and how can a balance be kept to help vendors remain in business once such a case reaches a tipping point? I.E. A large number of customers find their gear to end all gear, they'll not be buying as much gear.

I know juice sales is part of the equation, that can also tapper off though as customers ween themselves to DIY juice mixing. What I'm driving at, as a customer who finds this spot of content for themselves, how can they still help vendors stay in business?

Yeah, I know the simple answer is "buy more stuff". :) That's not quite what I'm looking for though. Curious how vendors can, will address the issue of customer contentment. You can only do so much sales events to stimulate sales. It seems to me to be something difficult for vendors.

Do not want to step on @ModGuyMike here, apologies if I do. I make clouds. :)

At present my set up is fairly simple. I am using an RSST by SmokTech for an atomizer. I have in it a 28ga kanthal coil with an inner diameter of 3mm and I have it wrapped 5 to 6 wraps depending on how you look at the coil. I use rayon for wick. Those who are genesis RTA purist may suggest using stainless steel. Not tried that yet myself as I find rayon suits me. The coil reads out at about 1.3oHm.

For a mod I'm using a SmokTech X-Pro M22. Presently, I find that 9 Watts works fine for Vapor 4 Life's Ultimo line of juice, iirc it is 60%Vg to 40%Pg based. I normally prefer a 50/50% +/- 5% based juice. Not having any problem though with a higher Vg based juice. V4L blends their juice base well and you can pick that up in vaping it. I'm becoming a fan of the Chicago Classic Smoke, enough so I think another vendor may cry as I may seek offering V4l some custom. Ha! Take that Hawk Sauce, I can beat my addiction to you. Muhaha.

Another good RDA I would suggest is $8.64 Velocity Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - 1:1 / 304 stainless steel / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping . It seems to have great reviews from vetran vapers and those starting out. I am steering you toward RDA/RTA andsuch as you want clouds. Yes, you might get clouds from evod style tanks but not so much. Evods are more for mouth to lung vaping types. If you want clouds, it seems indicative you want direct lung hits which satisfy. :) RDA/RTA and such offer that more so than evod tanks.

With RDAs comes needing to understand Ohm's Law, coil building. There's plenty of info, videos on both here and youtube. I suggest checking out @super_X_drifter for coil building, also checkout @Mooch for information regarding batteries and battery safety. You will eventually want a mod that allows swappable batteries. Reuleaux RX200W BY Wismec & Jaybo Design seems to be fairly popular as a better high end regulated mod that allows for battery swapping. Be sure if you buy one, get the red and black model. :) It is a very pretty color choice and will match most decors, situations.

Avoid mechanicals until you gain a good deal of information about them. Once you feel you've done due research on mechanicals, please exercise common sense and responsibility in using them and / or their batteries. If a person is not careful they can literally find themselves sucking on a pipe bomb. The danger merits time, learning.

Again sorry if I stepped on @ModGuyMike. I am sure he can also offer further advice, and more than likely, far better advice than any I may.

@pineappledan: @MorelyMagicMist is right on the money. The only thing that I will add to this is: If you are into building and you want to spit clouds like a dragon does fire: low ohm coil at high wattage. I always say get a 2 post (Velocity Style) tank or a dripper if that is your fancy. BUT if you're like me, you'll stare at your building materials and say "I CAN DO IT!!!!!" and then you'll see your pre-made coils in the packaging, prime that and go about your day. Building is great don't get me wrong. But these days I personally don't see a huge point in it due to the progress that has been made with the hardware that we have. I would say get yourself a Cuboid (Non Mini) and a TFV4 (Mini or reg sized) because that way you can do big warm clouds or big cool clouds (all dependent on the coil you use. There are many, MANY CHOICES)

Reactions: pineappledan
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread