Coolest little mechanical mod I have EVER seen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbojar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Largo, Florida
Came across the newly released Lavafire Lock 4 telescoping mechanical mod that may be the coolest mod ever! It comes in Stainless Steel OR Aluminum, the Aluminum comes in 5 different colors and is super lightweight at only 35g! Don't worry, they have stainless steel threads so no wearing out from swapping atties. I was lucky enough to get one of each and the Aluminum weighs next to nothing! I mean it is THE lightest mod I have ever held and is under 2.4 inches with an 18350. Talk about ultimate stealth, especially the black one! The best thing is a little birdy just told me that there is a pre-order going on right now at Lavafire Lock 4 for under $40.00! Those of you who know me from my product posts know I am very critical of a lot of mods and I have had these for over a month and will be ordering more colors. I think this is the ONLY vendor that has these, and the closest thing I have seen was around $57.00 I think it was. I have these and my Nemesis in rotation and that is it. I carry the Aluminum one with me and forget it is in my pocket, seriously it is that light! At the very least check them out and if you aren't interested tell a friend, especially any that are looking for a tiny mod. These are the coolest little mods at a great price that I have seen in a long time. :D

UPDATE: 100% Buy back guarantee! If you buy it and don't like it for any reason you can return it for a full refund! I just confirmed this with the vendor!

Check out their test page here on items they have tested an failed. If these are on the fail list you know the Lock 4 must be good quality! http://www.thedigitalcig.com/Test-Results_bc_8.html

Last edited:

gbojar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Largo, Florida
Looks pretty nice!

They really are. I am mega picky about mods and have had literally over 40 over the last year and a half! Not sure if you clicked the link to the full feature article but here it is again if not ... Lock 4 article. I have the Stainless and Blue and plan to order the Red, Black and Gold. They are also going to start carrying the new A6 RDA in stainless and aluminum too. I have one in stainless and they make a really sharp rig when put together! I will be ordering matching aluminum A6 drippers when they get them in. Made by Sailing who makes A7, A7 Mini, etc, and they come in two or three post as well.

bebop.rocksteady

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2013
Panama City, FL, USA
These are pretty rad. Anyone else using these? I really like the performance of my K100 but I've been looking into another mechanical that looks a little less dorky and a little more industrial/pro. I think that 2.5" would be a little awkward because my hand is bigger than that but it seems like it would be comfy with an 18500 installed. Cool little mod.

gbojar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Largo, Florida
Inspired by the titan lol.

If you read the full article, other than initial appearance it is definitely its own mod. Kinda like the K100 and Empire. The Lock also comes in aluminum, and could easily be compared to the Mortar or Cronos as well. It just resembles the Titan the closest.

gbojar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Largo, Florida
These are pretty rad. Anyone else using these? I really like the performance of my K100 but I've been looking into another mechanical that looks a little less dorky and a little more industrial/pro. I think that 2.5" would be a little awkward because my hand is bigger than that but it seems like it would be comfy with an 18500 installed. Cool little mod.

To my knowledge this is the first US release of them. I have only been vaping a little over a year and a half now but have had a ton of experience with mods and just vaping in general and I can honestly say that these are excellent quality. It is the same maker as the Drawtube Smart which is a very well respected mechanical mod that is often compared to Gus but with a side pinky switch. If you look at the photo album in my profile you will see how big they are with an 18500 which is what I use most often.

Last edited:

bebop.rocksteady

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2013
Panama City, FL, USA
Thanks gbojar! It looks really nice with the 18500 installed. That is about the right height for my hand. I'm really interested in one of these if it is as light as you say it is. I took a look at the spec sheet and didn't see anything about the weight. That's another downfall of the K100 in my opinion. It is really clunky for it's size. It does make it pretty resilient but still bulky in the pocket.

gbojar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Largo, Florida
Thanks gbojar! It looks really nice with the 18500 installed. That is about the right height for my hand. I'm really interested in one of these if it is as light as you say it is. I took a look at the spec sheet and didn't see anything about the weight. That's another downfall of the K100 in my opinion. It is really clunky for it's size. It does make it pretty resilient but still bulky in the pocket.

bebop, wish I had a scale. I just did a comparison test and with a 18350 installed the aluminum is about the same or a tad heavier than a full 30ml juice bottle or 18650 battery. I had the K100 and i doubt it is even 1/4 as heavy. Without a battery it literally feels like air. Of course the stainless is a little over twice the aluminum which still isn't bad, maybe 1.3x more. About a 1/4 or so lighter than the K100.

If you read some of my posts I am pretty on point about gear because I didn't get much help when I started and wasted a lot of money and don't want others to do the same. So whenever I get a new mod or atty I try to report my findings on here. I haven't been this passionate about a mod in a while. I have gotten to know Tim, the owner of TDC pretty well and he quality tests everything for at least a month before carrying it to make sure it won't fall apart. He doesn't carry many mods but he is where I get my maintenance stuff from there cuz he price matches which makes things a lot easier than getting lower prices elsewhere but paying more in shipping from 3 or 4 places. With TDC I just find the lowest prices then shoot him an email with the links and get it all together with one shipping cost. Plus ships same day so I always get next day. You're not far either so prob would too.

Well hope you do get one, I back it up 100% and I am critical on mods. Take care and maybe I'll catch ya at the next Vapestock!

been there

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2011
Brooksville,florida
was just checking out this little mod and it looks really sweet love the size and weight and the brass contacts makes it a no brainier and it's ss threads is fantastic on aluminum I'm all ways stripping the threads that's great,definitely going to buy the stainless steel one,love stainless steel .

gbojar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Largo, Florida
Thanks everyone, I really appreciate the support and kind words. I really try to help everyone with finding great products and great prices when I can, and not cheap junk just because its cheap. Like I was telling bebop, TDC quality tests everything before they sell it, they even give away clearos and cartos for free on facebook and under new items on the web site so anyone can try them and leave feedback and I don't know any other vendor that does that. back to testing, he even posts all the failed reports for all to see and doesn't just tank the items but tells both good and bad. You have probably seen most if not all of the items at other sites and may own a few, and whether you agree or not you have to admit he is thorough. Here is the test page:

Test Results

If he won't carry a lot of this stuff you know he isn't just looking for a quick buck, but truly cares about what he sells and customer satisfaction.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I had the K100 and i doubt it is even 1/4 as heavy. Without a battery it literally feels like air. Of course the stainless is a little over twice the aluminum which still isn't bad, maybe 1.3x more. About a 1/4 or so lighter than the K100.

THAT would be a huge plus for me. I dislike heavy mods.

I thought the provari was one of the best vapes I ever had, but I swapped it for something else because I just couldn't handle the weight.

gbojar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Largo, Florida
THAT would be a huge plus for me. I dislike heavy mods.

I thought the provari was one of the best vapes I ever had, but I swapped it for something else because I just couldn't handle the weight.

At only 35 grams it may be the lightest mod available that will accommodate up to an 18650.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread