Status
Not open for further replies.

DT Artisan

Unregistered Supplier
Sep 19, 2014
Florida, USA
www.mysticdriptips.com
Good topic,

I was diagnosed with Stage 1 COPD two years ago, from 20 yrs of smoking. After vaping for a year after quitting smoking, I still wheeze a little BUT only after strenuous exercise. No more coughing or wheezing 24/7 though. I no longer fear "taking the stairs"... :laugh: Significant improvement. :vapor:

Brian

williamclarkonet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2014
Iowa United States
4 months, or so, ago I was a pack a day smoker. Had been for 20+ years. Last year I went to the doctor about my throat because I kept losing my voice for LONG periods of time, upwards of 9 months - 1 year. She did the normal stuff and when checking my lungs she heard a loud flutter. I was then sent for xrays. It came back that almost 25% of my right lung was full of mucus. So I was given treatment for bronchitis and asthma and sent on my way. 2 weeks go by and I take my meds like I am supposed to and return to the doctor. She then determined that because there was no improvement that I had Chronic Bronchitis, now considered COPD. Well over the past 4 months I have quit smoking and moved to vaping exclusively. 2 days ago I went to the doctor for regular stuff and when listening to my lungs she found something strange. The flutter was gone. After confirmation tests she said it really looked like I no longer have COPD. The chronic bronchitis must have been brought on by smoking and that by quitting and choosing to use a PV that I had effectively "cured" myself. I no longer use my inhaler and my lung capacity has skyrocketed!
wow congrats! Thats really awesome! I love hearing stories like this its proof that vaping saves lives

Bored2Tears

Verified Member
Sep 26, 2014
Western South Dakota
I love hearing these success stories. I've been a pack a day smoker for 28 years. Vaping now for 8 weeks and have improved breathing already. 6 months ago, I developed a cold with such severe coughing that I cracked a rib. It took me about six prolonged weeks of coughing violently with a cracked rib to say this is enough. Coughing with a cracked rib is no fun at all. Laughing almost put me in tears it hurt so badly.

Unfortunately, my Mom was diagnosed with COPD and hers never improved. She smoked as long as I did and quit at about the same age. I pray that I can avoid getting COPD. It's a bad deal for sure.

So glad you made such a remarkable recovery.

Silence

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
Hopkinsville, Ky
Thank you for all the replies!
Needless to say I am also very happy about my change. I actually have another... side effect(?) to report!
I feel that due to PG being a humectant, I have been extremely thirsty! I have been drinking a boatload of water everyday. Since my quit date I have lost 30lbs!
I hope that those that read this thread don't think I am trying to boast here. I just want everyone to know that quitting smoking, regardless of how you achieve it, can change your life for the better. I hope my success inspires at least one person to quit or to not go back to taking a "fresh breath of death".

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
To the OP. Congratulations on the success you've been able to "feel". I personally suffer from sever COPD. Been to the er more than I can count. 45+ years of over 3 packs a day. Yes COPD is not cure able. But it can be calmed down some. Vaping helped me.
Keep it up. Vape strong and live long.
and lots of water. ,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread