Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingV

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2010
Verified Witchdoctor - In a Hut
Anyway I'm an idiot. I have 1.6's and 1.8's...This is what makes me dangerous.

You chose the right coils for you. I ordered what I wanted, these are mismarked. ugh.

Isn't it bad to stack batteries? If so, why are so many manufacturers doing double and triple batts in a box mode..Inquiring minds want to know..

They aren't stacked in those mods. And if you think back, our monkeyboxxes used stacked batteries. We never blew up. I still use mine, no BOOM has happened.

Reactions: stretchpants

stretchpants

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2011
The Prettiest in NeverNear
I tried one of the fat coils that came with the limitless. It's .32ohms. I don't think I like how long it takes to heat up. I won't use another one, so back to my normal 1.1's. I did have to know, curiosity and all. :laugh:
I think they're scary...:unsure:

Reactions: FlyingV

stretchpants

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2011
You chose the right coils for you. I ordered what I wanted, these are mismarked. ugh.

They aren't stacked in those mods. And if you think back, our monkeyboxxes used stacked batteries. We never blew up. I still use mine, no BOOM has happened.
That makes more sense. I stack batteries in flashlights all the time.

FlyingV

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2010
I think they're scary...:unsure:
I think they are a pita. My jewelry nippers couldn't cut the legs off, so I had to invade Mr. V's garage to borrow a wire snips. Which reminds me to go put it back, exactly where I found it. I'll stick to my skinny wire coils.

Bamrz

Z.A.P.T. Member*
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2010
PA, near Philly
Isn't it bad to stack batteries? If so, why are so many manufacturers doing double and triple batts in a box mode..Inquiring minds want to know..
It's bad because it stresses the batteries, and you really need to keep the sets together (marry them) for the mod.

"Stacking" batteries isn't always on top of each other. It means they run in series, because of how the mod is wired. These mods won't work without all the batteries inserted. They are built this way to get more power.

The alternative to this is having the batteries wired in parallel. They will turn on as soon as one battery is inserted. You don't need to marry the batteries for these mods. The only one I know of is the 100w TC iStick.

stretchpants

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2011
I think they are a pita. My jewelry nippers couldn't cut the legs off, so I had to invade Mr. V's garage to borrow a wire snips. Which reminds me to go put it back, exactly where I found it. I'll stick to my skinny wire coils.
Hahaha..I have to do the same thing.If I forget he loses his mind..

Reactions: FlyingV

stretchpants

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2011
It's bad because it stresses the batteries, and you really need to keep the sets together (marry them) for the mod.

"Stacking" batteries isn't always on top of each other. It means they run in series, because of how the mod is wired. These mods won't work without all the batteries inserted. They are built this way to get more power.

The alternative to this is having the batteries wired in parallel. They will turn on as soon as one battery is inserted. You don't need to marry the batteries for these mods. The only one I know of is the 100w TC iStick.
So I should buy like 2 sets of matching batteries and always keep the same pairs together..Correct?

FlyingV

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2010

Thank you for this! Clear and understandable. :) And good afternoon everyone!

Reactions: stretchpants
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread