Status
Not open for further replies.

RickMc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Fontana, CA
Time off? *feels Rick for a fever* :laugh: Take the time, you sure do deserve it!

We're taking time off in January, we'll be closed for about 2 weeks. It looks like we'll be putting down a wood floor while we're off. We'll have a sale starting next week. Just to make sure we're exhausted before our working vacation. Yep, we're fun that way.

I think it's fish fry night. :)

The fish fry sounds good! However, we need to buy you a dictionary so you can look up "vacation"!

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
Yeah you might want him to see a vet. Cavaliers get Syringomyelia. It's inherited and it's extremely painful for them. Take a booklet with you. If the vet is not familiar with Cavaliers congenital malady's they may give you ear medicine for it. Really that's all it might be but better to be safe than sorry because it is painful.. and unfortunately somewhat common.
Syringomyelia
sm.jpg
Syringomyelia (sear-IN-go-my-EEL-ya) (SM) occurs when a cavity, or syrinx, is formed inside the spinal cord from a build-up of fluid, which results from a blockage, either from a Chiari malformation, spinal trauma, tumor, or other cause. Syringomyelia can cause stretching and, eventually, permanent injury to nerve fibers.
Ok. Thats what I was afraid of. :cry: Do the symptoms come and go? He's not acting like his ears hurt and they look good with no odor. At times he seems to stand straight and fine but others not so much. This morning I noticed his head is wobbly. I'll get him in to the vet. Is it fatal? I've read a little about it but didn't see anything about that.

Sent from my Galaxy S7

RickMc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Fontana, CA
Morning, gang. Took the day off to go to the Happiest Place today (as a guest for a change). It's our annual Christmas season visit. Hopefully I can find some gifts for my granddaughters. We're going to try to get there at park opening to enjoy some time before it gets too crowded!

punkinduster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2010
Horse and Buggy Country, PA
Punkin, it doesn't seem like there are any UNcrowded days at the park any more.

We use to live in Fullerton back in the 80's and I worked for a company called Hughes Aircraft. When Raytheon bought us out they had a celebration at Disney and ALL the employees and all the families were invited from both companies. I think they closed the park that day to the public and it was the one and only time I went their. I must say it was nice but still didn't realize the number of employees and families that went for a FREE day at the park. :) What does an adult ticket costs now a days? :w00t:

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
I'm almost done with Christmas shopping. A huge Amazon order is due on Wednesday mostly for Morgan. Alex wants money but we'll still get him something to open besides that. The other family members we buy for are all getting gift cards besides hubbys parents. I don't shop for them, he has to do it. I gave up after they regifted a gift card we gave them (they regifted it back to us. Guess they forgot we gave it to them) and put one gift in the goodwill pile not even a year after giving it to them. I know this because mil had me go through the goodwill pile to see if there was anything I wanted. She once gave me an afghan one of my sil's made for her just a few years before. :blink: Anyway, hubby picks out their gifts.

Overcast here but the temp is nice at 64* right now.

Sent from my Galaxy S7

punkinduster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2010
Horse and Buggy Country, PA
Overcast here but the temp is nice at 64* right now.

I just saw the weather fibbers forecast for Thursday. Here in PA a high of 21 and a low of 9. :shock:
They just better be WRONG! It is not officially Winter yet and Christmas is not looking white and going up into the 40's. :(

**walks away grumbling**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread