Status
Not open for further replies.

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
I slacked on housework yesterday so playing catch up today. Black-eyed peas and ham in the crockpot.

I called work the other day and told her to put me on the schedule ONE day a week starting week after next. She begged me to come in 2 days that first week so I agreed I would only to learn afterwards that she wants me there that extra day because of a large irishdoodle that is extremely hard to do. I've done it before and he's awful. [emoji21] Seriously!? Theres a reason I'm gradually coming back. My body and stamina isn't what it used to be. Plus, I still have a lot of doctors appointments along with Morgan's too. Why do I have such a hard time saying no? I'm going to have to be more vocal. I've worked hard to be able to walk halfway straight, stay in an upright position without standing with my feet 2 ft apart to have a wider base of balance, walk the dog on a leash, hold a cohesive conversation, have effective verbal communication, and have a clearer thought process. I could just kick myself sometimes. Oh well. I'll figure it out. Still working on putting together a virtual assistant business at home. If I can get it going it would be awesome to be able to just do that and not groom. I do not want to groom anymore.

Hubbys newest hobby is trapping. He got his trappers license and got his first catch the other day. A possum. [emoji50] He's tanning the hide. :facepalm: What the hill is he going to do with a possum fur??? [emoji23] Google redneck and his picture comes up. [emoji23]

Hope everyone is doing good! [emoji4]

Sent from my Galaxy S7

Last edited:

RickMc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Fontana, CA
Good morning, all! At least it's still morning here. We have had rain, rain, and more rain. I'm thinking of buying a canoe for when we have to leave the house. We need the rain to cure our multiple-year drought. The problem in Southern California is that we are too dumb to build catchments to allow time for rainfall to percolate into the ground water. That means it all floods into storm drains and runs back to the ocean. I don't think the ocean needs water, but maybe it's just me.

I've been a little scarce with my work and teaching schedule. Catching up, it appears many of you are in a period of "home improvement h*ll"! I think the answer is wine. Lots of wine....

RickMc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Fontana, CA
We are getting a downpour right now and it's supposed to continue this way the rest of the day. I was going to go to a hockey game, but decided I would stay home and dry. The dogs are their usual cabin-feverish selves - they always get twitchy when it rains. Charlie needed to go out, and ended up wading to a spot to pee. He kept looking back at me like I could fix it. :lol:

stretchpants

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2011
The Prettiest in NeverNear
So I put sheer polka dot curtains on my bay window and.....Mr.Crabbypants said"I really like those curtains" 46 years we been married. He has never LIKED ANYTHING...Polka dot curtains..Who knew?
The construction is tedious...We're working on it whenever he's home which is never..
He's looking for a new agility puppy.We need a puppy to start all over again.Ours are aging.
Dear Drott,Punkin and Bam just wanted to let you know it hasn't stopped raining for 3 days and today is even worse you can expect it tomorrow.It's warm though. I like warm.

punkinduster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2010
Horse and Buggy Country, PA
Sounds like a good excuse to me. But then for me any excuse will do. :lol::lol:
We toughed it out and went early. Turned out great. Our timing hit it right when the rain stopped and before the wind started howling. There also were less people in the store that early. :thumb: It started raining again on the way home and now it is really blowing. Oh well, quiet and dry inside and that event is over for another week... :banana:

RickMc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Fontana, CA
Yeah, of all things, we get the Falcons (meh) and the Pats (GRR).

Howling wind, downpour and intermittent walls of hail here. So much for "sunny" Southern California. I feel like Chicken Little. And I'm still considering starting construction on that ark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread