Status
Not open for further replies.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
So I get why copper contacts, buttons, pins. But why copper tubes?
Welcome to ECF, TS...

Personally, I think it's overkill considering the tubes net cross-section, but... from a practical standpoint, conductivity (or "potential" conductivity) can be quite a concern as your net resistance drops.

If you're a cloud competition guy, running the near dead short resistance of 0.1Ω, you want all the conductivity (and safety) advantages you can get... because with that resistance in a single 18650 mech mod, at 4.2v, you're pulling 176 watts/42a continuous discharge rate, or at least a 10 second pulse discharge rate.

In other words, you should be using a quality dual parallel 18650 box mod, or... you might want to make sure your medical insurance is paid up. ;-)

(Note... this is where high-watt APVs start to make sense)

If on the other hand, you don't go below around 0.5Ω+/- net resistance (a completely arbitrary number here... YMMV), conductivity advantages become less an issue. You're running 35 watts/8.4 amps... and a clean, reasonably well made and properly set-up SS or brass mod will conduct that without any problems.

Speaking personally again, and IMO etc etc... I don't have any all copper mods, because I never go below .25Ω (usually I'm in the 0.4Ω~0.5Ω range), I don't like the look of copper... and the SS, brass and Ti mods I own handle that net resistance with ease.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread