Status
Not open for further replies.

KentA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2015
Adirondack Mountains
Need O rings for the (now can't remember what the name is , No Legal or No Pity ) rda , you know the one that has 3 air holes instead of the dual coil 6 air hole model that tears up the inside O ring until you sand off the sharp edge .

It's the 18 mm diameter model , anyone know the O ring size or would most any fit if around the same diameter ?

Thank you
I was advised to use 18mm OD, 16mm ID (1.0mm rubber) for my SXK “No Toy”. I went to fasttech & ordered:

Rubber O-Ring Seals for E-Cigarette (50-Pack) 18*1mm: 50-Pack, White / SKU: 4616903 for $2.12

& for backup I purchased:

Silicone O-Ring Seals for Atomizer (20-Pack) 18mm*16mm*1.0mm, Black: 20-Pack / SKU: 2019300 for $0.80.

They look like they’ll fit but have not installed yet as I pulled the clone from rotation when it leaked.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
I was advised to use 18mm OD, 16mm ID (1.0mm rubber) for my SXK “No Toy”. I went to fasttech & ordered:

Rubber O-Ring Seals for E-Cigarette (50-Pack) 18*1mm: 50-Pack, White / SKU: 4616903 for $2.12

& for backup I purchased:

Silicone O-Ring Seals for Atomizer (20-Pack) 18mm*16mm*1.0mm, Black: 20-Pack / SKU: 2019300 for $0.80.

They look like they’ll fit but have not installed yet as I pulled the clone from rotation when it leaked.

Thanks so much Kent , really appreciate the help.

Reactions: KentA

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
This looks interesting for bf ,

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

I saw that Yesterday.

It looks Interesting. And I like the Chamber Reducer when running in Single Coil Mode.

Not sure I understand the Air Flow? But for the Price I will probably give it a Shot.

Reactions: TheWestPole

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
From the video airflow looks a simple twist to adjust when o ring installed , has a shell on a shell type sleeve , odd but does look like it can be a good one , the deck reducer looks good fits around the posts to really blank off a full side to reduced chamber down ,

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

I watched this Video ...

... and it seems like the Air should just travel around thru the grooves until it reaches the Air Slot. But I might be Confused on this?

And the Reviewer said the Air Flow worked well. And I'm sure if there was something Funky going on, he would have Mentioned it.

My theory is as long as a BF Ready RDA costs the same as a Pack of Smokes, and has a Good Way to be run in Single Coil Mode, then it is going to become Vape Mail.

And if it Isn't the Greatest, I'll just give it away.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
@zoiDman
I want to thank you.
Your opinions and posts on the coppervape are what convinced me to pull the trigger.
Your observations were spot on.
It's a fine device and a great value.
I love it.
20170425_161341-1.jpg

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
@zoiDman
I want to thank you.
Your opinions and posts on the coppervape are what convinced me to pull the trigger.
Your observations were spot on.
It's a fine device and a great value.
I love it.
View attachment 651759

The CopperVape is a Great Squonker. And the Price is almost Too Good to be True.

Good to Hear you are Enjoying it.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
I was actually surprised.
I had breezed through this thread and familiarized myself a wee bit.
It's a long thread...lol.

I have ALOT of gear. An embarrassing ammount.
Rarely am I impressed enough to buy a second of the same mod.
I will be ordering an aluminum CV next week along with some CV replacement parts.

This is the best BF mech for the money on the market.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I was actually surprised.
I had breezed through this thread and familiarized myself a wee bit.
It's a long thread...lol.

I have ALOT of gear. An embarrassing ammount.
Rarely am I impressed enough to buy a second of the same mod.
I will be ordering an aluminum CV next week along with some CV replacement parts.

This is the best BF mech for the money on the market.

I have told many people about the CopperVape. A lot of them ask how can a 26 Dollar Squonker be any good? What's the Catch?

I just tell them to Buy It. If you Don't Like it, I'll buy it off them. I have Never had anyone Not Like it. And when I ask them if they want me to buy it off them, they say... "No, that's OK. This one is a Keeper."

LOL

BTW - If you are going to do a FT Order, I would pick up some Spare Bottles.

$2.91 Empty Needle Refiller Bottle for E-Liquid (10-Pack) 10-pack - 10ml / PE / black at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
I have told many people about the CopperVape. A lot of them ask how can a 26 Dollar Squonker be any good? What's the Catch?

I just tell them to Buy It. If you Don't Like it, I'll buy it off them. I have Never had anyone Not Like it. And when I ask them if they want me to buy it off them, they say... "No, that's OK. This one is a Keeper."

LOL

BTW - If you are going to do a FT Order, I would pick up some Spare Bottles.

$2.91 Empty Needle Refiller Bottle for E-Liquid (10-Pack) 10-pack - 10ml / PE / black at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I grabbed 4 spare bottles with the mod.

If the replacement switch kits had been in stock I woulda grabbed them too.
I was impatient..lol.

The Coppervape fires my Goon at .28 just as smooth as any tube mech I have.

Ill admit, I took it completely apart and cursed for about 30 minutes fiddling with assembly and trying to remember where all the plastic insulators went.
I did this to access the 510 to eliminate the gap under the atty.
:facepalm:
I knew better. Should have taken a pic first.
It running flawlessly now.

This thing sure puts those high end squonkers into perspective.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

This thing sure puts those high end squonkers into perspective.

Yeah... I was Kida Skeptical when I Order my mine. It hadn't been out very long. And there weren't many User Reviews on it.

I've Bought Inexpensive Mech's before. And every one of them Needed to be Mod-ing to get the Throw Right. Or to Fix Battery Rattle, Gaps, etc.

I kinda Tripped Out when I got it because it pretty much Worked Great right out of the Box. The Button had a Little Crunchieness. But after about a Day or so, it broke in Nicely. I didn't Need to File this or to Shim that. Just Screwed on a Stumpy RDA and away I went.

About the Only thing I did was take the Black Paint off it when it started to Show some Wear. I like the Bare Aluminum look better anyway.

I use the CV about 70% of the Time. Rest of the time is split between a DripBox 60w/Pico Squeeze/RTA's. I have 2 More CV's in a drawer as Backups. Not sure when I will ever have to use them.

Jeff M.

May 7, 2015
I'm interested in getting my first bottom-feed mod and it's pretty much come down to the Coppervape (clone from FT) or Pico Squeeze due to their affordability and seemingly good reviews.

Mech mods are not new to me and I understand all the battery safety issues, etc. but what I really want to know is how much fiddling I'm going to have to do to, if any, with the mod itself to get it running well. One of the reasons I've discounted the Frankenskull options are the reports that they often need work to get up to spec.

Can someone summarize any of the tips/tricks/fixes/upgrades for the Coppervape that I should look at doing to this mod once I get it? For example, FT sells two different versions of a switch rebuild kit. Are they necessary? Are they an improvement over the stock firing button or are they simply replacement parts that are popular because the switches wear out on the CV?

I've looked at probably 20% of this thread and my brain is a little fried. Most of it seems to be centered around RDAs and not the mod itself. If there are parts that I should have on hand to address issues, or slight "fixes" that should be done, I'd like to know so I can get everything at once and not make several orders over the course of several months to make it work for me. If you were ordering the CV today, for the first time, what else would you order with it (excluding RDAs - I've got several that are seemingly well liked in my cart ready to go) or what would you "fix" from the start?

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I'm interested in getting my first bottom-feed mod and it's pretty much come down to the Coppervape (clone from FT) or Pico Squeeze due to their affordability and seemingly good reviews.

Mech mods are not new to me and I understand all the battery safety issues, etc. but what I really want to know is how much fiddling I'm going to have to do to, if any, with the mod itself to get it running well. One of the reasons I've discounted the Frankenskull options are the reports that they often need work to get up to spec.

Can someone summarize any of the tips/tricks/fixes/upgrades for the Coppervape that I should look at doing to this mod once I get it? For example, FT sells two different versions of a switch rebuild kit. Are they necessary? Are they an improvement over the stock firing button or are they simply replacement parts that are popular because the switches wear out on the CV?

I've looked at probably 20% of this thread and my brain is a little fried. Most of it seems to be centered around RDAs and not the mod itself. If there are parts that I should have on hand to address issues, or slight "fixes" that should be done, I'd like to know so I can get everything at once and not make several orders over the course of several months to make it work for me. If you were ordering the CV today, for the first time, what else would you order with it (excluding RDAs - I've got several that are seemingly well liked in my cart ready to go) or what would you "fix" from the start?

Both the CV and the Pico Squeeze are Great Squonkers.

The Pico Squeeze has the Edge Sizewise. But the CV, being a Pure Mech, has the advantage of Longevity. If I had to only get One, I would pick the CV. But for the Price, it is Kinda hard to not get Both. LOL.

The Parts Kit for the CV is a Spares Kit of what you get with the CV Mod. Not 100% Necessary to buy. But Nice to have. And the price Isn't going to cost you an arm & a Leg. The CV Mods/Kits that FT sells should All be V2. by now.

There Really Isn't much you have to do to CV besides giving the Fire Button a Cleaning and 1 Drop of Light Oil on the Button Shaft.

And there Really Isn't much you need to Buy (excluding a BF RDA) then perhaps a set of Spare Bottles for it.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Honestly, those are both fine, out of the box.
Even the stock bottles are fine...

Those rebuild kits are for MAINTENANCE - not for improvement.

There have been a couple people who needed to do a little tweak to the firing pin clearance, or to the 510 to get an atty flush - but those are exceptions. And easy to do if needed...

You should probably get one of each.
:D

LOL.
At the heart of it:
Coppervape feels more solid, durable, substantial.
Pico Squeeze is itsy-bitsy tiny. And has some minimal electronics (blinky light for low battery, possible short protection)

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Well you guys twisted my arm. Both are inbound. The Pico Squeeze kit in grey was on sale for $20.

Thank you for the replies confirming that these seem to work well out of the box without too much fuss.

Cool.

A CV and a Pico Squeeze is a Great 1 - 2 Punch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread