Coppervape BF Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxximusRevelation

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2016
Oh yeah of course.. I run LG HE4, HD2 and HB6s and always try to build lower than their CDR. I have been naughty a couple times and built a 28 amp build before, matched with a HB6, but it is hardly an everyday thing.(CDR for the HB6 is 30 amps anyways but to close to comfort for me to do everyday)
I was a lurker on this website before I ever signed up. Used reg mods at first as I educated myself on this forum about mechs from all the great posts and advice you vets give.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
have you drilled out the top cap on one yet? It makes it virtually silent. Not the deck....just the top cap.
View attachment 657467

My first 3 NarDa's didn't Whistle much. But my 4th kinda did. So I Chamfered all the Edges slightly and it seems to have Fixed it.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
My first 3 NarDa's didn't Whistle much. But my 4th kinda did. So I Chamfered all the Edges slightly and it seems to have Fixed it.
it's not so much a fix for whistling....I think that has more to do with the wick. It just makes it dead quiet and a lot smoother. It's a night and day difference.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
it's not so much a fix for whistling....I think that has more to do with the wick. It just makes it dead quiet and a lot smoother. It's a night and day difference.

I might Drill one of mine out to see how it Works.

Or, at least, put it on the Never Ending "To Do" List.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I might Drill one of mine out to see how it Works.

Or, at least, put it on the Never Ending "To Do" List.
If you don't like it better, I'll send you a stock cap. That's the Asbestos guarantee. I'm already half tempted to send you a drilled one....;)

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
If you don't like it better, I'll send you a stock cap. That's the Asbestos guarantee. I'm already half tempted to send you a drilled one....;)

I love it. The Asbestos Guarantee!

Now if I could get you to Offer one of those on an 20700 CV I'm thinking about making, I'll order the Battery Cap Tap tomorrow.

;)

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Everything I have gotten since The NarDa seems to have been Kinda Downhill. Perhaps I reached RDA Nirvana and didn't realize it?

I mean, theoretically, there should be the Perfect RDA Out there. And it might be sitting on my CV Right Now.

+ 1 , i have not come across anything that beats the Narda for pure flavor and being leak proof , i bought two more recently.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
+ 1 , i have not come across anything that beats the Narda for pure flavor and being leak proof , i bought two more recently.

Yeah... I haven't found Anything that can Beat the NarDa for Flavor. And it's Simple Lines looks good also.

Best 9 Bucks (x4) I have ever spent.

dd4285

May 19, 2016
Malaysia
Hi fellow squonkers,

Just received my first ever squonk mod (and also my first ever mech mod), chose the CV BF Mod Kit after a thorough reading in this forum. Haven't build/use it yet as I'm still at the office. Super excited for it and can't wait to go back home.

Issue 1:
From my initial unboxing and fiddling with it, I found that the bottle is squeezable on its own, however when it is inside the mod body, it's really hard to squeeze through the squonk window. Need to use my thumb or index finger for. No-go for my pinky finger. Is this normal? Maybe I need to workout my squonk finger for this. lol..

Issue 2:
Which is the suitable battery position to be inserted? Positive up or down? From my view, I think positive should be downward as the safety holes are on the battery cap and also to prevent arcing/sparking by contact switch to the negative side of battery.

I believe, squonking is the way to go for me and can say bye-bye to my bundle of rtas..

woita

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2014
Ohio
1.)
agreed, stock bottle is a bit hard, getting softer as you squeeze. however any standard 10ml bottle will do, so just find a weaker one

2.)
battery with positive up
if you had pos down and a torn wrap you'ld have a dead short even without the top part on it
(don't worry about the venting holes on the bottom; batteries vent in both directions, and the top will just "fly off" in that case - or at least will make room to let the gas escape)

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
2) Positive is up...

1) You may be mis-judging how MUCH you have to squeeze. Once it's full of liquid, you just need a gentle "press a little bit and HOLD for a second" and juice flows up. You do NOT have to squeeze it a lot - just a little. And for more juice - or when the bottle is, say, less than half full - you can just hold it LONGER, rather than press harder. Try that first - then if it's still too stiff, you could try softening the bottle by boiling it perhaps...

Hi fellow squonkers,

Just received my first ever squonk mod (and also my first ever mech mod), chose the CV BF Mod Kit after a thorough reading in this forum. Haven't build/use it yet as I'm still at the office. Super excited for it and can't wait to go back home.

Issue 1:
From my initial unboxing and fiddling with it, I found that the bottle is squeezable on its own, however when it is inside the mod body, it's really hard to squeeze through the squonk window. Need to use my thumb or index finger for. No-go for my pinky finger. Is this normal? Maybe I need to workout my squonk finger for this. lol..

Issue 2:
Which is the suitable battery position to be inserted? Positive up or down? From my view, I think positive should be downward as the safety holes are on the battery cap and also to prevent arcing/sparking by contact switch to the negative side of battery.

I believe, squonking is the way to go for me and can say bye-bye to my bundle of rtas..

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
1) I tend to use the Middle of my Thumb pressing the Bottle/Mod against my 4 outstretched fingers. At 1st, I thought the Bottle was a Tad Stiff also. But after a few days, it was Easier. Or my Technique got better. Or Both.

BTW - Make sure that the Clear Tube inside the bottle Isn't touching the Bottom of the Bottle. If it is, Snip Off about 2mm's from the tube with a Good pair of Scissors.

2) As others have said, the Positive End of the Battery should be Pointing Up towards the Fire Button.

---

Since the CV is a Pure Mechanical Mod, the type of Batteries you use and the Builds that you put on it is VERY Important.

What type of Batteries do you have?

dd4285

May 19, 2016
Malaysia
Thanks woita, Train2 & zoiDman..

Will keep in mind on the battery position and safety. I have the LG Brown battery, should be ok for 0.4 - 0.8 ohms build.

Just finished servicing the mod (dismantling, cleaning contact, smooth out any sharp edges and re-assemble it.

Goin to try the included atty and see how it goes.. if all is good, might order a couple of recommended attys.

Reactions: zoiDman

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    BTW - Make sure that the Clear Tube inside the bottle Isn't touching the Bottom of the Bottle. If it is, Snip Off about 2mm's from the tube with a Good pair of Scissors.
    ...or let it hit the bottom, and put a "V" cut on the end.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread