Status
Not open for further replies.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
So hey, this time (I'm pretty sure I tried once before) I got holes in the cap that look pretty good. From the outside. Shrapnel inside though - a bit of leftover metal protruding IN - I gotta get that cleaned up.
What do you use for that?

it's not so much a fix for whistling....I think that has more to do with the wick. It just makes it dead quiet and a lot smoother. It's a night and day difference.
I might Drill one of mine out to see how it Works.

Or, at least, put it on the Never Ending "To Do" List.

Reactions: Asbestos4004

ST Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Rocket City
So hey, this time (I'm pretty sure I tried once before) I got holes in the cap that look pretty good. From the outside. Shrapnel inside though - a bit of leftover metal protruding IN - I gotta get that cleaned up.
I didn't drill through, just beveled the edges of the slot.

But the excess metal from drilling can usually be cut off. That's all deburring tools do.

Or sand/grind it with a Dremel (or just the bit in a drill)

Reactions: Train2

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I used a Dremel but ST is right. Sandpaper, deburring tool, Dremel....Anything will work.

Reactions: Train2

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Done...
It's overall a touch "smoother" on the draw - just a TINY difference, but yes - for the better.
And of course...no more whistle. :)

drillcap1.jpg

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Very Cool Button. Did you start with Raw Stock? Or Mod something you already had?

BTW - It looks like your RDA has Eyes.

LOL

Aha! I thought Mr. Hadaly was looking kinda shifty eyed. :)

Raw stock, a scrap piece of bocote hardwood. Kinda wish I'd had some ebony left, but the bocote end grain is pretty interesting.

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Has anyone found a source for spare bottle caps? The cap that threads onto the top of the bottle and the bottom of the positive pin. I know Fatdaddyvapes has a similar one, but the top tube is externally threaded rather than internally threaded.

I haven't.

But if you Find any, Please do Post a Link.

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
Aha! I thought Mr. Hadaly was looking kinda shifty eyed. :)

Raw stock, a scrap piece of bocote hardwood. Kinda wish I'd had some ebony left, but the bocote end grain is pretty interesting.
Where do you get your wood?
I bought knife blank slabs for Ninja's knife from Bell Forest Products, they are having a sale this weekend :)
IMG_20170510_115935_533.JPG

The pins are bamboo lollipop sticks :)

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Where do you get your wood?
I bought knife blank slabs for Ninja's knife from Bell Forest Products, they are having a sale this weekend :)
View attachment 660059
The pins are bamboo lollipop sticks :)

It was from Bell Forest too. Thanks for the sale reminder.

Very interesting wood you have there. Kinda looks like teak, but figured. :confused: Ha, and bamboo rivets! I love it. :)

dd4285

May 19, 2016
Malaysia
Hey guys,

After using my Coppervape BF for a couple of weeks, I can say I'm officially "squonkified".. i love it.. i love squonking.. bye bye to RTAs.. hye hye to BF RDAs.. I'm glad i chose the Coppervape BF as my first squonk and mech mod.. Easy to maintain and works every time.. for now, I'm using it together with the Narda and build a simple 26G 6wrap 3mm dia. spaced coil and been vapin' it happily daily. Surprised to see that my battery actually last longer compared to using my old requlated mods..
:rickroll:

Now, i'm thinking of upgrading/modding my 510connector system.. anybody could point me into the right direction? My idea is using ModMaker 510 or Varitube 510 with soft silicone bottle and tubing. Could it be done? Does the MM / VT 510 fits? Is it plug n play or needed some modification to it?

Thanks.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Now, i'm thinking of upgrading/modding my 510connector system.. anybody could point me into the right direction? My idea is using ModMaker 510 or Varitube 510 with soft silicone bottle and tubing. Could it be done? Does the MM / VT 510 fits? Is it plug n play or needed some modification to it?

Thanks.
I just seen someone on Fasttech say the other day that they had put a different 510 in theirs,but they said it took quite a bit of modification to do it.

Reactions: dd4285
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread