Not open for further replies.

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
What exactly needed to be Drilled?

The clearance hole for the positive post screw in the underside of the deck. It was a little out of alignment. All you have to do is open it up a bit. Drill, Dremel, whatever.

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
The clearance hole for the positive post screw in the underside of the deck. It was a little out of alignment. All you have to do it open it up a bit. Drill, Dremel, whatever.

Gotcha. Thanks.

If I hear about the Possibility of a Hard Short on something I'm going to use on a Regulated mod, it is Definitely something I take note of.

But if I hear of something where a Hard Short could occur when used on a Mech, that gets my Bat RADAR Blinking on High.

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Gotcha. Thanks.

If I hear about the Possibility of a Hard Short on something I'm going to use on a Regulated mod, it is Definitely something I take note of.

But if I hear of something where a Hard Short could occur when used on a Mech, that gets my Bat RADAR Blinking on High.

I hear ya. It never showed up as a hard short, just a little firing weirdness and burnt taste. I thought I'd left a shaving behind from the BF conversion, took it apart, and only then saw the carbon from the arching.

Gotta repeat though: Great little BF RDTA!

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I hear ya. It never showed up as a hard short, just a little firing weirdness and burnt taste. I thought I'd left a shaving behind from the BF conversion, took it apart, and only then saw the carbon from the arching.

Gotta repeat though: Great little BF RDTA!

The Design is Interesting.

Flavor wise, how would you compare it to a NarDa or a Hadaly?

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
The Design is Interesting.

Flavor wise, how would you compare it to a NarDa or a Hadaly?

Same ball park, but with a smaller chamber volume than those so you can equivalent flavor with a smaller build. The 24g Kanthal seemed a bit too aggressive at first, whereas it wouldn't in Narda and Hadaly.

To me, Hussar RDTA vapes more like a 16mm atty (Odis-16, for example) though smoother and more consistent, as you expect comparing an RDTA to an equivalent rda.

Last edited:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Same ball park, but with a smaller chamber volume than those so you can equivalent flavor with a smaller build. The 24g Kanthal seemed a bit too aggressive at first, whereas it wouldn't in Narda and Hadaly.

To me, Hussar RDTA vapes more like a 16mm atty (lOdis-16, for example) though smoother and more consistent, as you expect comparing an RDTA to an equivalent RDA.

Cool.

Might just have to get One.

teddy.it

Jun 12, 2017
Just an FYI...

My 1st Coppervape Kit didn't come with an O-Ring for the Bottle. And since the Bottle didn't leak, I never thought about it one way or another.

It wasn't until I got a V2 Mod as a Backup (to a Backup) that I noticed that it included a Bottle O-Ring.

But since I wasn't getting any leaking, I never put the O-Ring in my V1.

Where deos the o-ring sit? Thanks

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Several folks have found the need to fiddle with the firing pin (the screw) to ensure good contact. One person had a misplaced magnet I think interfering with good conductivity.
Me personally, I have 3 of them (black, brass, and alum) and they all have been working perfectly with REALLY minimal maintenance...

Do you have to modify/replace parts with this mod when you receive it? I had one awhile back and had trouble with it firing consistently. I made an offer for another one as I'm back into sqounking and don't have a mech sqounker yet.

jcash74

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2013
MN
Several folks have found the need to fiddle with the firing pin (the screw) to ensure good contact. One person had a misplaced magnet I think interfering with good conductivity.
Me personally, I have 3 of them (black, brass, and alum) and they all have been working perfectly with REALLY minimal maintenance...
Thanks for the response. I have a aluminum one on the way. I wanted to ask the experts so I am able to get the best experience possible from it.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Do you have to modify/replace parts with this mod when you receive it? I had one awhile back and had trouble with it firing consistently. I made an offer for another one as I'm back into sqounking and don't have a mech sqounker yet.

I have 3 CV's also. And the All worked well right out of the Box. No real Modifying or Replacement parts needed.

About the Only thing that might be Needed is a Good Cleaning and possibly removing any Burrs with a piece of Fine Sandpaper or a File. But that pretty much goes for Any Mechanical Mod.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Any thoughts on a replacement for the o-ring?

I'm not enthralled with the stock part.
One of mine has already broke.
I want to find something more durable.

The first 2 CV's I got were very early v1's. And they Didn't even come with a Bottle O-Ring. And I haven't had any Leaking/Seeping what so ever with them.

I'll dig out a Caliper when I get a chance and take some Dims off the Bottle O-Ring if no one posts them.

Is your Bottle Leaking right now when used without the O-Ring?

Reactions: Heartsdelight

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
The first 2 CV's I got were very early v1's. And they Didn't even come with a Bottle O-Ring. And I haven't had any Leaking/Seeping what so ever with them.

I'll dig out a Caliper when I get a chance and take some Dims off the Bottle O-Ring if no one posts them.

Is your Bottle Leaking right now when used without the O-Ring?
I've told a few people about the o ring & I have suggested they use any driptip o ring that will fit & they have used it successfully on the Boxer clone bottles.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I've told a few people about the o ring & I have suggested they use any driptip o ring that will fit & they have used it successfully on the Boxer clone bottles.

A Drip Tip O-Ring might be a Tad Small for the CV Bottle. But ya never know.

Reactions: Heartsdelight
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread