Coppervape BF Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
I took mine apart to clean it and a small plastic piece fell out from the 510. I didn't notice, everything seemed tight. I fired it and got a small puff of smoke from the battery side. I pulled the battery instantly and while it was warm it wasn't hot. It's a vtc5a and I was wondering if I can still use the battery. It's cool now and didn't get hot.

I put the small plastic piece back in the 510 under the pin and now the bottle won't get tight. Any ideas or are mechs just not for me lol. I have a boxer 18650 on the way so I'm hoping this was just a one time deal.
dbdb0abed8371fe1c1bb7d16833b9712.jpg
Personally i wouldn't use it anymore , for 5£ battery or your face/ hand being damaged id rather lose 5£ to aor on side of caution

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
Hussar SXk from 3f
Not tried on the CV Bf yet
But performance is great on the AV tube so same battery on CV should give similar results with BF , the Sqounker pin has holes on the sides not at the bottom tip so looks to fill the juice well rather than feed the deck , will set up tonight to properly test Sqounking with ,
30b04771a1603b321fec3c4310355a51.jpg
00a173671ebd8ac25c9348013d445bae.jpg
8a29e02b900ccb2b38eb83839a80bbda.jpg
52472dcf6c6ed7b716ef07e244d3e67e.jpg

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Hussar SXk from 3f
Not tried on the CV Bf yet
But performance is great on the AV tube so same battery on CV should give similar results with BF , the Sqounker pin has holes on the sides not at the bottom tip so looks to fill the juice well rather than feed the deck , will set up tonight to properly test Sqounking with ,
30b04771a1603b321fec3c4310355a51.jpg
00a173671ebd8ac25c9348013d445bae.jpg
8a29e02b900ccb2b38eb83839a80bbda.jpg
52472dcf6c6ed7b716ef07e244d3e67e.jpg

I'm a fan of the SXK Hussar BF. Got an early one without the BF pin so I converted it myself.

I hope they did more than just add the BF pin to the kit. Unless they altered the center tube with an opening at the top of the tank, the way the tube attaches to the bottom plate would make juice fill from the bottom of the tank. In other words, it would squonk full then suck back almost all of it.

If you have an issue like that please let us know.

Reactions: Heartsdelight

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
I'm a fan of the SXK Hussar BF. Got an early one without the BF pin so I converted it myself.

I hope they did more than just add the BF pin to the kit. Unless they altered the center tube with an opening at the top of the tank, the way the tube attaches to the bottom plate would make juice fill from the bottom of the tank. In other words, it would squonk full then suck back almost all of it.

If you have an issue like that please let us know.
Its still fed that way ,
I dont mind it sucking the excess back down ,
Its allowing a certain amount to fill the juice well , over that gets sucked back down , so it wont flood the deck an the takes back the excess ,
dde40fba1dc177de4ae3e7e70347ebac.jpg
3292e9c1133eb15ca1bdbc142cf7b9cb.jpg
d2665a9db64c260fb47d511e984d80ed.jpg

It will still leave a small amount in the well ,

Last edited:

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Its still fed that way ,
I dont mind it sucking the excess back down ,
Its allowing a certain amount to fill the juice well , over that gets sucked back down , so it wont flood the deck an the takes back the excess ,
dde40fba1dc177de4ae3e7e70347ebac.jpg
3292e9c1133eb15ca1bdbc142cf7b9cb.jpg
d2665a9db64c260fb47d511e984d80ed.jpg

It will still leave a small amount in the well ,

Okay, I expected as much. More like a deep juice well in an RDA then. No harm/foul if that's not an issue. Still an excellent single coil atty, and one which is very resistant to over-squonking.

What makes BF RDTAs stand out for me is the consistency of the vape and the ease of achieving it. So naturally I want to know that the wicks are sitting in a reserve of juice at all times. I prefer to see it too, so Hussar is already a bit of a compromise for me. I remain a fan regardless.

How do you like the vape?

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
Okay, I expected as much. More like a deep juice well in an RDA then. No harm/foul if that's not an issue. Still an excellent single coil atty, and one which is very resistant to over-squonking.

What makes BF RDTAs stand out for me is the consistency of the vape and the ease of achieving it. So naturally I want to know that the wicks are sitting in a reserve of juice at all times. I prefer to see it too, so Hussar is already a bit of a compromise for me. I remain a fan regardless.

How do you like the vape?
Love it , just make wicks a little longer if thats a concern , but you can also add a fat daddy or such bf pin yourself to have it into the deck but then run risk of it coming out the level Airflow hole so i get why its done that way , it still leaves a few mm over the bottom of juice rather than pulling it all back down , where as others with s low bf pib on flat bottom drag it all back down this wont

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Love it , just make wicks a little longer if thats a concern , but you can also add a fat daddy or such bf pin yourself to have it into the deck but then run risk of it coming out the level Airflow hole so i get why its done that way , it still leaves a few mm over the bottom of juice rather than pulling it all back down , where as others with s low bf pib on flat bottom drag it all back down this wont

It's in my cart at 3f :) I'm just waiting for the Ram Squonk mod from Wotofo/Sentorian to become available.

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
Coppervape have been doing well with there RTA,s Recently though the Skyline and Hussar are both top notch clones Hussar has excellent Flavours , if only they could make an E motion too id be right on it , (although Ultron an unknown has one out for delivery now
Ultron E motion RTA , has all decks + plugs with it too, really like coppervapes stuff

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles

If I didn't want to modify the BF Hussar, but wanted to fill the tank more, I'd try this. Squonk the tank full in the vertical position, then as you release the bottle turn the atty sideways while it sucks back. You'll be able to get it at least half full that way.

It shouldn't spill because the fill holes in the deck are blocked by the cap, juice generally doesn't get around the wicks in the wick holes, and the bottle will be providing negative pressure in the tank.

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
If I didn't want to modify the BF Hussar, but wanted to fill the tank more, I'd try this. Squonk the tank full in the vertical position, then as you release the bottle turn the atty sideways while it sucks back. You'll be able to get it at least half full that way.

It shouldn't spill because the fill holes in the deck are blocked by the cap, juice generally doesn't get around the wicks in the wick holes, and the bottle will be providing negative pressure in the tank.
I like it as is its fine for me ,
When i said it would leak i think you miss read ,
I mean if the bf was flush up to top of deck ,
like some wanted it to be
Which would mean juice would just fill deck then Come out airflow holes
so its above the wick any way.

I like as is under deck into juice well works good.
leaves enough juice within the well.
wont ever flood which is fine others like the bf pin higher so dont suck any juice back down into bottle or older juices ,

Reactions: TheWestPole

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
I like it as is its fine for me ,
When i said it would leak i think you miss read ,
I mean if the bf was flush up to top of deck ,
like some wanted it to be
Which would mean juice would just fill deck then Come out airflow holes
so its above the wick any way.

I like as is under deck into juice well works good.
leaves enough juice within the well.
wont ever flood which is fine others like the bf pin higher so dont suck any juice back down into bottle or older juices ,

Sorry, I did misread your leaking comment.

My advise about filling more (what I would want) was intended for anyone buying Hussar RDTA. Shoulda made that clear. I know you're cool with yours.

BTW there actually is an RDTA which comes with an optional BF pin going to the deck, not the tank: the Ashura. Works either as a top fill RDTA or BF RDA. Kind of an oddball. Though you could fill the tank with one flavor then squonk a different flavor when it runs out. Coffee then tobacco perhaps? :)

Screenshot 2017-08-16 at 6.42.48 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread