Coppervape BF Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Seems Coppervape has a lot of different BF rda's available , this is from their FB page.

13265937_1601559503491911_8235376629791819785_n.jpg

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Seems Coppervape has a lot of different BF rda's available , this is from their FB page.

View attachment 602587
That is the first version rda they originally sent out with the mods.The black one i bought has that one,but my other 2 both came with the newer style one.I actually like this version better because you can see when it's time to sqounk before you get a dry hit.

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
USPS tracking says I gotta wait until Thursday, but I live 10 minutes from a regional sorting hub, so I will choose to believe that it will arrive sooner lol.
My premonition held true. Got home from a funeral, and here it was! I may tinker with the included Atty at some point, but I'm reserved to trying to dial my resistance up with single coils in an attempt to prolong battery run time. .25 duals with big airflow is nice, but I rely on my mods through a workday. Hopefully, I'm not restricted to carrying multiple spare batteries, as I have in the past with bigger builds.

I mounted my drilled Manta V2 with a single 3mm 316L 10 wrap @ .54ohm. hoping to get 8 hrs out of my Sammy 25R. I'll drag along an extra batt tomorrow for Justin Case. 10 ml onboard is promising, but I'll carry an extra bottle full for Mr Case, as well.

I really like the size and ergonomics. I told my wife that this mod is everything I ever said could be improved on the REO. My REOs have been shelved for some time, now, with little occasional use.

Anyway, there's a happy new Coppervape BF mod owner named Doug!

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Funny - I haven't used my Manta in quite a while, but yesterday, I popped it on my Coppervape - and it's a nice complement. Not sure why, it shouldn't be, but certain atty's just work out better on certain squonkers - and I'm happy with this matchup.

My premonition held true. Got home from a funeral, and here it was! I may tinker with the included Atty at some point, but I'm reserved to trying to dial my resistance up with single coils in an attempt to prolong battery run time. .25 duals with big airflow is nice, but I rely on my mods through a workday. Hopefully, I'm not restricted to carrying multiple spare batteries, as I have in the past with bigger builds.

I mounted my drilled Manta V2 with a single 3mm 316L 10 wrap @ .54ohm. hoping to get 8 hrs out of my Sammy 25R. I'll drag along an extra batt tomorrow for Justin Case. 10 ml onboard is promising, but I'll carry an extra bottle full for Mr Case, as well.

I really like the size and ergonomics. I told my wife that this mod is everything I ever said could be improved on the REO. My REOs have been shelved for some time, now, with little occasional use.

Anyway, there's a happy new Coppervape BF mod owner named Doug!

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
I would say yes they are,but then again i have 3 of them,so i may be a bit biased haha.
I had been looking at them for a while ,ive ordered a bare bones an v2 kit , too plus extra bottles for it , what batteries are you using with it , ive got some , hg2, 25r,s vtc4,vtc5, 30q, an have just ordered some VTC5A,s in since slightly higher ampage on tjem , or am i better going for the lg 30amp , ive never owned a sqounker before ,so this will be my first , an a mech too , so im hoping a single cell will be ok for it , i need to hunt down some more bottom fed rda,s too , ive the steam crave RDA,V

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
Sorry for all questions just want to make sure i get it paired with a correct cell, also what's a good sqounker rda , i didnt go for the full kit with sqounker as was told its not that good , so do you know of any good rda with hollow 510 sqounker pin , was looking at the vapejoy wolfpaw looks like ut might go well if choose ss version

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I had been looking at them for a while ,ive ordered a bare bones an v2 kit , too plus extra bottles for it , what batteries are you using with it , ive got some , hg2, 25r,s vtc4,vtc5, 30q, an have just ordered some VTC5A,s in since slightly higher ampage on tjem , or am i better going for the lg 30amp , ive never owned a sqounker before ,so this will be my first , an a mech too , so im hoping a single cell will be ok for it , i need to hunt down some more bottom fed rda,s too , ive the steam crave RDA,V

I've been using Samsung 25r and the vtc4 in them with no issues,they are both good batteries.As for rda's,if your looking for single coil,the Narda clone from Fasttech is great,you just have to get some bottom feed pins from fat daddy vapes.A lot of people really like the velocity rda too.You can get a clone of it really cheap,and some brands of it come with a bottom feed pin.Also,if you have basic hand tools,and maybe a dremel,most rda's are pretty easy to convert.If you search around the forum,there are a bunch of threads on different rda's that people have converted themselves.

KentA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2015
Adirondack Mountains
Sorry for all questions just want to make sure i get it paired with a correct cell, also what's a good sqounker rda , i didnt go for the full kit with sqounker as was told its not that good , so do you know of any good rda with hollow 510 sqounker pin , was looking at the vapejoy wolfpaw looks like ut might go well if choose ss version
I have 2 NarDa clones from Fastech which I converted with M3 Fatdaddy pins which work very well. Fasttech now offers a NarDa "style" that includes the bf pin.

The 3rd Coppervape carries an Odin which is a little more money but a fine atomizer.

As for batteries, the only trouble I've had was with AW button tops. They caused the Coppervape to autofire. I usually install LG HE2s, but I think Mooch's newest list includes some better recommendations .

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I just ordered a stainless kit from FT. Apparently the atty is kinda crappy but this is my first venture into BF.many recommendations for an inexpensive BF atty?

Hope it doesn't turn into an expensive hobby like my Provari or tube mech addictions.
Quite the opposite.The atty that comes with these is quite good,there are a few of us here that really like them.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Good to know.

Hopefully, I will get to see this thing before Halloween!
I think the problem a lot of people have with that atty is because of the bottom air slots.If you over sqounk it,the juice will flow out of the air holes.When i first started using it,i would pull the cap off so i could see it and make sure i didn't squeeze to hard,after a while,i got a feel for how much pressure so i don't have to pull the cap anymore.As long as you like dual coils,it's a great rda,i don't think it would work too well for single coil though.

Not sure how the shipping is to Canada,but i've been pretty lucky with shipping from ft here lately.My last few orders have showed up in less than 10 days from the time they shipped them out,my last one showed up 6 days from the time i placed the order.

gotarace

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2013
Northern Wisconsin USA
Last edited:

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Ordered 3 Coppervapes today...2 silver ..one brass for the house. Picked up a repair kit and 10 of the bottles...Thanks for steering me the right way..
Did you buy the kits or just the mods? Curious to hear what toppers you will be using....

Reactions: gotarace

gotarace

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2013
Northern Wisconsin USA
Ordered one silver kit ...a silver and brass solo mods...going to try the atty but I have bunch of bottom feed atty's already. I have Rm2's ...Challice 3's...Nuppin's ...Oden's..and NarDa's at my disposal. Been a REO"s and Pdib bottom feeder for years and these look like a deal I can't pass up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread