Status
Not open for further replies.

ThaFuzz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2015
Virginia Beach
I can confirm that the M3 works on these two from FT as I just got these in last week
$6.80 Derringer V3 Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - 304 stainless steel / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
$6.76 Derringer V3 Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - 304 stainless steel / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
Another Derringer V3 that I bought off of a friend a few months ago uses the M3. Not sure what the SKU is on it but it's a SS one
The first Derringer V3 I bought in April uses the M2.5. I pulled this from my FT history so it should be the same one.
$6.61 Derringer V3 Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - 304 stainless steel + POM / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
The 5th one I converted using a Hastur clone base that has the BF pin and I bought the Derringer ring and cap to fit it.

Buying both sizes of BF pins from FDV came in handy I guess.

I just ordered the v3 from ft with the intention of drilling it out my self. i couldnt trouble you for a pic of the deck with the squonk pin in could i?

Reactions: TheWestPole

ST Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Rocket City
I cut the pin shorter than I wanted. I planned to have it flush with the top of the post.

ed33bb1b285e56b0e0ce565eb0e85cf1.jpg

Here's the stock pin, an unmodified FDV pin and the NarDA pin (fits nearly flush in the Derringer V3). All 3 are M3 threads.

2d7df14bf7832c2aff895625c5ac2312.jpg

ThaFuzz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2015
Virginia Beach
I cut the pin shorter than I wanted. I planned to have it flush with the top of the post.

Here's the stock pin, an unmodified FDV pin and the NarDA pin (fits nearly flush in the Derringer V3). All 3 are M3 threads.

ed

Awesome, thank you, i will post up when i get mine modded(some time around Christmas, depending on ft shipping ), im thinking 1 or 2mm hole and ground flush with top of the deck (should take 15 mins)

Reactions: benley73

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.

I made that mistake lol.

Reactions: benley73

VladK16

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2013
Toledo, OH USA
I just ordered the v3 from ft with the intention of drilling it out my self. i couldnt trouble you for a pic of the deck with the squonk pin in could i?

Here you go. A Derringer V3 with the FDV M3 pin which hasn't been modified (shortened)

IMG_20161201_122745 (2).jpg

Blind Owl

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2014
BC, Canada
I made that mistake lol.

Hmm, you might want to use a bench grinder next time (needle-nosed pliers to hold the screw, OK?), or a Dremel with a fibre-backed abrasive disc chucked into the collet. Either way lets you nibble the end of the screw until it's the exact length you want.

That's how I do it, anyway. :D

KentA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2015
Adirondack Mountains
Hmm, you might want to use a bench grinder next time (needle-nosed pliers to hold the screw, OK?), or a Dremel with a fibre-backed abrasive disc chucked into the collet. Either way lets you nibble the end of the screw until it's the exact length you want.

I discovered the jacobs chuck on my hand drill held the pin securely. It was much better than vice grips.

Reactions: herb

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014

Thats exactly what i used , you don't think i used my teeth did you lol. Even with a Dremel and using the thinnest cutting wheel available spinning at 35, 000 rpm's i hacked off too much .

You got to remember i live Murphy's law .

ST Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Rocket City
Thats exactly what i used , you don't think i used my teeth did you lol. Even with a Dremel and using the thinnest cutting wheel available spinning at 35, 000 rpm's i hacked off too much .

You got to remember i live Murphy's law .
Dremel here too. My cut was still plenty long. It was the final trim and clean up that went to far. I did 2 that day and the first one is right (in a NarDA). Just got careless on the second.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Dremel here too. My cut was still plenty long. It was the final trim and clean up that went to far. I did 2 that day and the first one is right (in a NarDA). Just got careless on the second.

If the dremel was easier to handle with one hand i wouldn't have an issue but it can be a bit unwieldy .

ST Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Rocket City
If the dremel was easier to handle with one hand i wouldn't have an issue but it can be a bit unwieldy .
At home I used a flex shaft when I did the pin for the Stumpy.

Overseas right now and borrowed a Dremel but he didn't have a flex shaft.

just take your time, what's the rush? :)

I had spent 2 months trying to find tools over here. So I was anxious to try the new RDAs that I'd been waiting so long for.

I have a 3rd pin I could use, but the short one is working fine.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
At home I used a flex shaft when I did the pin for the Stumpy.

Overseas right now and borrowed a Dremel but he didn't have a flex shaft.

I had spent 2 months trying to find tools over here. So I was anxious to try the new RDAs that I'd been waiting so long for.

I have a 3rd pin I could use, but the short one is working fine.

The flex shaft is exactly what i need , need to put that on my list .

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread