Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
One little niggle I have on my CV, is that turning the button just slightly locks it. I'd like it to have a little more movement before it locks. When I take it apart for cleaning again I'm gonna see if with a little dremeling I can get the button to turn further before locking.

Now you made me Get Up and walk all the way across the room to get my CV off the Night Stand next to the Bed.

You are Right. It Doesn't take Much to Lock the Fire Button. Never really Noticed this before. LOL.

If you have a Caliper or a Mic, do me a Favor. Take some Before and After Measurement on the Fire Button when you Crank Up Mr. Dremel.

Reactions: oplholik

ST Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Rocket City
I got a couple messages from FT on FB concerning the brass plated pins

FT is the wrong place to talk to. You need to talk to CV.
FT doesn't make the kits, they just sell the parts kit CV offers.

When I take it apart for cleaning again I'm gonna see if with a little dremeling I can get the button to turn further before locking.

My plan was to completely remove the lock feature and make the button top smaller too.

That's if my 2nd attempt to purchase actually makes it to my house.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Perhaps you could measure the O-rings on both and let us know if they are different. If the Shenray fits better and it's a matter of the size of the O-rings, we unfortunate SXK owners could get a different size for a better fit. :)
I will try and remember when it gets here,it just shipped a few days ago from Ft so it could be a while haha.
I am waiting for my silver CV to arrive but when I ordered, I was really tempted to get the brass. Love the look of the brass but was concerned that the weight might be uncomfortable. It's hard to tell from the comments that I've read if people are pleased that they got it or are putting up with it because that's what they have.
Any opinion from those that have the brass and one of the others (black or siver)?
I have the black,the plain aluminum,and the brass,and they are all very nice mods,but like Train2 mentioned the brass is a heavy mod.Don't get me wrong,i think it looks the best out of them,and i have no regrets about buying it,but it stays at home because of the weight.I forget the numbers now,but somewhere in this thread,someone posted the weight of each,and the brass one is very close to 1 pound,yes it is a hefty mod haha.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Has anybody here had to contact Fat Daddy before? I'm missing the pins I ordered. His contact form doesn't work, and I have no idea what his e-mail is supposed to be, it sure isn't anything he has listed that I can see.
I've never had to contact them,but i know they have been a bit behind due to the owner having some serious medical issues,and his son took over,and trying to learn all the stuff involved.How long ago did you order them?I've seen a few people the last few days saying it took a while,but they were finally getting shipping notices and tracking info.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
I can't get his e-mail to work, the contact form on his web site doesn't work, I did send a message thru his FB page I found, no answer yet, and will try a phone number Monday, if that doesn't work I'll go to PP. I try not to get too worked up about something right away because there may be a reason for it, but it tends to piss me off when someone is hard to get a hold of.

KentA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2015
Adirondack Mountains
I can't get his e-mail to work, the contact form on his web site doesn't work, I did send a message thru his FB page I found, no answer yet, and will try a phone number Monday, if that doesn't work I'll go to PP. I try not to get too worked up about something right away because there may be a reason for it, but it tends to piss me off when someone is hard to get a hold of.
If you contact PayPal, please don't tell them it's vape related. They have a history.

Reactions: TheWestPole

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Did you get an order or shipping confirmation from them? If so, I would start with that email address for starters. Been well over a year since I ordered something from them...

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
I got a receipt from PP, and the e-mail shown I used, and it bounces back. A member here sent a test e-mail and it bounced back due to the mailbox being full.
So essentially its a good email, just a full mail box... I would try to send an email a day until it finally goes through. Lets hope it doesn't take too long to get it through though.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
If you contact PayPal, please don't tell them it's vape related. They have a history.
eta... I once had to file a PP claim against a liquid vendor and PP was already aware of said vendor and what goods they sold. I don't think it mattered too much to them as the vendor is still doing business and still uses PP, so I'm thinking thats not always the case.

The vendors that have had problems with PP that we know of are big ticket vendors and only 1 of them has an actual website. Look at all the vendors that sell ecig related items on eBay. I'd have to say 99% accept PP as their only payment option, yet they have no problems at all with PP... How does one explain that?

Reactions: TheWestPole

ThaFuzz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2015
Virginia Beach
Sorry you guys are having problems with fdv, i just got an order in from varitube pretty quickly. 4x bf 510s + shipping<$25 (with code varitube10 ) 3 days earlier than usps estimated. Swapping was easy enough, without a lot of modification to the parts involved. I managed to keep the bottle attachment. But i modified it too. Ground down the 510 from varitube, set it to manual mode(nit spring loaded) ground down insulator drilled out the bottle attachment, and ground it down, screwed it all together and waiting on my silver to replace the copper spring.
2017-01-15 13.41.32.jpg

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
So essentially its a good email, just a full mail box... I would try to send an email a day until it finally goes through. Lets hope it doesn't take too long to get it through though.

I don't know how much mail his mailbox holds, but it being full tells me someone isn't paying too much attention to it.

Reactions: BrentMydland

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Sorry you guys are having problems with fdv, i just got an order in from varitube pretty quickly. 4x bf 510s + shipping<$25 (with code varitube10 ) 3 days earlier than usps estimated. Swapping was easy enough, without a lot of modification to the parts involved. I managed to keep the bottle attachment. But i modified it too. Ground down the 510 from varitube, set it to manual mode(nit spring loaded) ground down insulator drilled out the bottle attachment, and ground it down, screwed it all together and waiting on my silver to replace the copper spring. View attachment 628547

Hope this all works out for you. :thumb:

Can you tell me what the threading is on the Varitube center pin? Looks like it might be M3 but the site doesn't specify that. Thanks.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I don't know how much mail his mailbox holds, but it being full tells me someone isn't paying too much attention to it.

I heard that the Owner was having some Medical Problems. I'd give it a couple of Couple of Days before I's Ratchet things up to the Next Level.

When did you get your Order? On Saturday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread