Coppervape's Skyline Clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

VictorC

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
I'm not, by any means, "pro clone". I'm not anti clone either.
Why not two-three lines targeted for different audiences/markets? Signature Limited, made in Greece with everything (all tanks/airdisks/mouthpieces, etc) included, packaged in the nice wooden box signed by the modder, Premium (made in Greece, basic options), and Standard (same but made in China). Something like that. von erl successfully did it years ago with erlkonigin and erlprinz.
I would buy authentic Skyline made in China for $70 or so :)

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Why not two-three lines targeted for different audiences/markets? Signature Limited, made in Greece with everything (all tanks/airdisks/mouthpieces, etc) included, packaged in the nice wooden box signed by the modder, Premium (made in Greece, basic options), and Standard (same but made in China). Something like that. Von Erl successfully did it years ago with erlkonigin and erlprinz.
I would've bought any of the above.....I wanted a Skyline since I first saw it. I've bought everything SvoeMesto ever produced...multiples of most. E-Phoenix, Hussar....the list goes on. I have no problem paying to support the innovation. The problem is, they'd probably make 5 of each of your target lines and they'd be gone. ESG's site had a "Notify Me" button. I hit that button multiple times and entered my contact info. I was never contacted. I tried...therefore, I have no qualms with giving my money to Coppervape. I knew it wouldn't be junk but I didn't expect it to be seemingly perfect. As a bonus, I saved about $170. That's on them.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
I own both authentic and clones. This is my thoughts on the topic are this......

I bought a K5 when they came out and and thought it was a decent tank but I over paid. It was a good build, decent threading but nothing great. When it was cloned I picked one up just to see the difference. Now I vape the clone and overall it's a better built atty and the threading is superior to the authentic. Same thing is true for the Hussar, I bought two clones because it is the same quality and I believe (it's all in my head) that they vape better.

If the guys that design atty's were smart they would design them and form a strategic relationship with production house in China. They build a quality standard into the agreement and roll out their atty. Having to hit F5 to get gear is becoming BS and China is doing a great job mass producing good gear.

And like my sig line say's, not everyone can pick up an authentic so I have no issue with clones.

dsheik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
overland park, KS
I would've bought any of the above.....I wanted a Skyline since I first saw it. I've bought everything SvoeMesto ever produced...multiples of most. E-Phoenix, Hussar....the list goes on. I have no problem paying to support the innovation. The problem is, they'd probably make 5 of each of your target lines and they'd be gone. ESG's site had a "Notify Me" button. I hit that button multiple times and entered my contact info. I was never contacted. I tried...therefore, I have no qualms with giving my money to Coppervape. I knew it wouldn't be junk but I didn't expect it to be seemingly perfect. As a bonus, I saved about $170. That's on them.

Totally agree. I planed to buy the ESG Skyline when it was ready. Utilized the "Notify Me" well in advance as you did. Never got anything on that. Checked their website before I left for work the day they were released, still said sold out. Checked again later that afternoon, sold out. Well maybe they didnt release them today I thought? Nope, it was that day. I missed the short window when ever it was. I lean more toward anti clone than pro clone but in ESG case I hope coppervape does well with the clone and Im buying one. Like you said, thats on them (ESG).

Amit Dilip Gole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2017
India
I don't mind buying "Clones" :)
My Coppevapes Skyline from FB shipped, only paid 3 bucks more than FT :)
BTW FT has spare disks & Glass tubes now :)

Can you please share the links for the skyline, spare disks and extra glass

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comrade_Juju

Jun 2, 2017
Why not two-three lines targeted for different audiences/markets? Signature Limited, made in Greece with everything (all tanks/airdisks/mouthpieces, etc) included, packaged in the nice wooden box signed by the modder, Premium (made in Greece, basic options), and Standard (same but made in China). Something like that. Von Erl successfully did it years ago with erlkonigin and erlprinz.

This is done by EVL. Who does 3 lines all in house. Ss version £79, TI from about £150-200 and Damascus steel no price listed as it's sold out.

So far out of the reviews if seen it might actually be the skyline killer.

Not to detail the tread but worth while looking at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: VictorC

Amit Dilip Gole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2017
India
This is done by EVL. Who does 3 lines all in house. Ss version £79, TI from about £150-200 and Damascus steel no price listed as it's sold out.

So far out of the reviews if seen it might actually be the skyline killer.

Not to detail the tread but worth while looking at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you share the link want to check them out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
Shipping is cheaper at FT :)
I just ordered off of the Facebook page because even though fasttech and 3f are cheaper they are both still pre orders. Also they are different units as they will have no markings on them which is not a big deal for me except for the fact that the ones reviewed here have had markings and appear to be excellent clones 1:1 or very close and i am sure they will be the same i don't want to take my chances.

For 2 units 2 pei driptips and an extra glass for each it came to $52 shipped from Coppervape ($10 of it for express shipping)

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
Yeah I ordered from their fb bc w/ fasttech preorders it could actually be 5 days, or it could be 5 days, then 5 days, then 5 days, then some more 5 days, then maybe some more 5 days after that. w/ the amount of people ordering these I think the latter, it took two months of 5 day eta's for them to ship my kayfun 5 when it first came out.

Coppervape charges 10 bucks for epackets but w/ all the accessories it ended up being just a few dollars more than if I got it from FT and it's already shipped. plus they give me a extra ultem drip tip and 2 extra air disks that don't come w/ FT's air disks.

I asked for the one w/out the logo but apparently they only do that through ft.

Last edited:

Domejunky

Feb 28, 2017
I own both authentic and clones. This is my thoughts on the topic are this......

I bought a K5 when they came out and and thought it was a decent tank but I over paid. It was a good build, decent threading but nothing great. When it was cloned I picked one up just to see the difference. Now I vape the clone and overall it's a better built atty and the threading is superior to the authentic. Same thing is true for the Hussar, I bought two clones because it is the same quality and I believe (it's all in my head) that they vape better.

If the guys that design atty's were smart they would design them and form a strategic relationship with production house in China. They build a quality standard into the agreement and roll out their atty. Having to hit F5 to get gear is becoming BS and China is doing a great job mass producing good gear.

And like my sig line say's, not everyone can pick up an authentic so I have no issue with clones.

I've done the same with KF5, Velocity V2, Origen V2 MkII and Rose 3 - Tobeco, SXK and Coppervape make them well enough that I don't care anymore.

The Hadaly was an interesting example of getting the price down by building in China, but I had a Pallas by Tiberian, and I think that shows some of the pitfalls. That might be partly down to the rush for the grandfather date and the FDA though...

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
I just ordered off of the Facebook page because even though fasttech and 3f are cheaper they are both still pre orders. Also they are different units as they will have no markings on them which is not a big deal for me except for the fact that the ones reviewed here have had markings and appear to be excellent clones 1:1 or very close and i am sure they will be the same i don't want to take my chances.

For 2 units 2 pei driptips and an extra glass for each it came to $52 shipped from Coppervape ($10 of it for express shipping)

I to ordered off FB, I was concerned that @ FT the spare Glass & disks would take for ever to show up.
I was willing to pay a bit more for shipping to get all the pieces at once. FT = 1.50 FB =10.00 same E-Packet Sipping. Mine all ready shipped & is showing movement all ready :)
FT has every thing now even the DT, it's showing ships in 5 days but @ FT that could mean any thing
Also I'm fairly certain they will all be of good quality, weather they come from FB or FT :)

Domejunky

Feb 28, 2017
I am 100% sure that K5 is made in China. Having in mind it's quality all is said, they still don't make atomizers as good as original producers (talking about really top notch ones).
Kayfun 5? No - Germany. Have a look at the PBusardo video where they show the factory, and whine about the health insurance for the single Mums doing assembly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread