Coppervape's Skyline Clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domejunky

Feb 28, 2017
I know that they are from Germany and were made there. But there are some rumors that large quantities of K5, beside ones in Germany were produce for them in China.
Ah, that's a bit different. I thought you were suggesting that they all came from China...

I'm quite a fan of a bicycle company in the UK called Ragley. Followed them when they started up. It's a dirty secret in the bike industry that 75% of bikes are made in the Giant factory. The guy behind Ragley said that you basically had to sleep at the end of the production line to get decent quality. So I think it boils down to a QC/QA issue

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I am 100% sure that K5 is made in China. Having in mind it's quality all is said, they still don't make atomizers as good as original producers (talking about really top notch ones).

I know that they are from Germany and were made there. But there are some rumors that large quantities of K5, beside ones in Germany were produce for them in China.

I don't think I'd be "100% sure" of anything except that you heard a rumor. I seriously doubt svoemesto is having China make any of their attys.

Reactions: ToolmanTexas

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
Yeah, they already sent mine out, tracking already updated & everything... Super interested to see how this stacks up against the authentic, some people are even saying it's better.

The main thing I want though is the air disks, I hate both of the ones that I got with mine. The way they do it is just silly, they should give you all the disks with your $205 atty, not just one. as it is, I've got 2 that looked cool but ended up sucking. How am I supposed to know which one I want? Not about to pay esg for 9 disks I won't ever use and one that I will. If I find one I like it's most likely staying in there, It's not like they're easy to pop in/out bc you have to take your build out. $7 a pop for a peice of plastic is insulting, $5 for the lot though idc, I'll figure out which one I like best & order just that one from esg.

eta, hopefully they'll also clone the ultem tank that is never in stock as well.

Last edited:

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
Oh yeah, the hussar one, don't even get me started on that, they don't even sell the tanks separately, I would of had a useless 200 dollar (plus all the accessories I've gotten for it) atty but I ended up buying just a bunch of the plastic Coppervape ones, they don't fit perfectly but if you force it on and then remove a bit of material from the tabs they work fine.

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
I just got a chance to try one as my cousin/roommates just got here... I think he ordered right when it came out. I didn't have a whole lot of time to mess w/ it but it does seem to be a 1:1 copy, all the threading seems super smooth and the accuracy in TC is good.

One thing I noticed though is that the peek they are using is a completely different color than the authentic ones.

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
Still waiting on mine but has just arrived at Preston my District sorting office for Northern Lancashire, so might be Saturday delivery or Monday ,
75f00031e191ce15b119df7d7321af75.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

rifky

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2014
Indonesia
I'm not, by any means, "pro clone". I'm not anti clone either. My message to the modders is make enough of them and charge a fair price. This is a result of them not making enough of them.
View attachment 664539
Just to add, it's a great atty. Excellent machining and performance. But, I would've been a bit perturbed had I fought a gallant F5 war and paid $200+.
Is this tank really using glass material? Or just plastic?

Kusie

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2017
Germany
Hello everybody,
I´m a MTL only vaper and I just ordered this Clone from GB with the extra disk package after a major disappointment with a Kayfun Mini V3 Plus Clone from Fasttech which was crappy. I hope this might be the perfect MTL tank for me. I´m a bit curious though about the many disks and how they perform and which one might be best for a good MTL experience while not losing too much flavor. The smallest one seems to have only one very thin hole, maybe 1 mm ? May I ask the people who already have it which material the disks are made of? Could the insert with the smallest single hole maybe be drilled up a bit to 1,5 mm? I think that might be better than 2 small holes next to each other?

Hope it doesn´t leak... I hate leaking.
K.

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
Why I'll be ordering an authentic once I determine my favorite one or two.
Same here, Idk what that stuff is, they say peek but after comparing it against the authentic the color/texture/stiffness is off, I'm leaning towards "other"
Hello everybody,
I´m a MTL only vaper and I just ordered this Clone from GB with the extra disk package after a major disappointment with a Kayfun Mini V3 Plus Clone from Fasttech which was crappy. I hope this might be the perfect MTL tank for me. I´m a bit curious though about the many disks and how they perform and which one might be best for a good MTL experience while not losing too much flavor. The smallest one seems to have only one very thin hole, maybe 1 mm ? May I ask the people who already have it which material the disks are made of? Could the insert with the smallest single hole maybe be drilled up a bit to 1,5 mm? I think that might be better than 2 small holes next to each other?

Hope it doesn´t leak... I hate leaking.
K.
imo, the skyline isn't really a great mtl tank, the chamber is just too big for one thing. If you didn't like the kf 3 mini you'll def. not like the skyline... I use mine in lung hit or slightly restricted lung hit mode with a clapton & imo that's what it's best suited for...

Idk what they're made of, they say peek but they don't feel or look the same as the authentics. I plan to get the corresponding authentic one, once I figure out which one I like, that's the smartest thing to do imo bc that thing is so close to the coil, it will get pretty hot, sometimes on my authentic I swear I can taste it.

If I was you though I'd get the hussar instead, that's a real mtl tank and imo the best one there is rn. You'll need a few accessories to get it there though.

Last edited:
Reactions: 52anddone

Kusie

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2017
Germany
Hi,
in fact I liked the kf 3 mini for MTL, but the build quality of the clone i had was just terrible (air control Screw got jammed inside because of bad theads, machine oil taste everywhere...) and I´m not willing to spend 130 Euros for the original ;)

The Hussar looks interesting, but has no glas tank, which is a no go for me b/c I mostly use liquids with lemon and peppermint (menthol) flavours. We´ll see when it arrives. Ißll start with the smalles hole and see what´s what.
K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread