• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Copyright Rules?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
Fair Use Copyright.

This forum will sometimes contain copyrighted information, however, it is placed here under Title 17:

Not withstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies, or phonorecords, or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.

This was posted by Trukinlady, who was Moderator at the time on February 13, 2011. It is the 9th sticky down. Now if the Titles have been changed or amended, I did not get notification. I post many articles that are posted on other sites, written by other authors, and this is the first time I have been notified. I need a clear and concise explanation if Title 17 is no longer valid.

Thank you! :)

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
In a forum setting, fair use is approximately 10-15% of the material. Quoting the entire article must have permission from the author.

Not to mention, ECF rules trump sub-forum rules. ;)

Forum Rules

7. Copyright
a. Do not post articles in their entirety that are published elsewhere. This is breach of copyright.
b. You must not post material on this Website that you do not own the copyright to. Only one paragraph or 300 words from an article/blog/resource elsewhere may be posted, whichever is the greater, and a link should be given to the original source (unless it is republished under a Fair Use agreement, which you must define).

Bear in mind, if the article is 300 words, obviously you can't quote the entire thing. Again, 10-15% is safe and keeps ECF out of hot water when it comes to copyright issues.

Reactions: Saintscruiser

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
I was operating under Trukinlady's guidelines because we talked about this before she died.....BIG OOPS! Now I understand. I will say that most Christian writers have no qualms with their articles being used to further the cause of Jesus, however, I don't have the time to hunt them down to be sure, especially putting ECF at risk! I'm on board with you guys/ladies.

Thank you for setting me straight! :):)

Reactions: Train2

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
777, (Those are my FAVORITE numbers) I had zero experience ..nada..none...zip. But, I figured it out. You will make mistakes, as none of us are perfect, except Jesus. I've made some doozies, but I hope I've stepped up and owned them. I have used other websites for interesting articles....learned on that one....:lol: but I had no idea how to edit, delete, close down threads, but I finally figured it out with much trial and error....mostly error. I have watched and read your posts and I can tell that you have a deep love for Jesus, plus you know better than me how to recall a Scripture. I have to really search and dig on Bible Gateway until I find what I am looking for. I have high confidence in you or wouldn't have asked you in the first place. You are quick to comfort others who are hurting. That shows you are strong in exhortation and also truth. God's truth is the highest truth in the land.

Mightymen, I'm sure, will support you. I almost snapped his head off yesterday when he was only trying to help. He is a very dear brother in Christ, and I knew then what I needed to do. That is why I asked you. If you say yes, which I hope you will, I will p.m. classwife to delete my controls and give them to you. That doesn't mean that I will be off the board, it just means I won't feel so guilty if I don't check it for a few days. If you wish to continue, say after the summer, (I think everything will have come to completion by then) I'm okay with that. I've been moderator for over 2 years and will support you 100%!!! I will be happy to answer questions, too! I can p.m. my phone # to you, but call after 7 p.m. central. Those are free minutes! I will be happy to take your texts. I have unlimited texts. :)

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Generally, as a "forum" mod (not to be confused with staff), you just ensure the ECF rules are followed. You'll have delete permissions for this forum as well as editing permissions beyond the 48 hour limit. You'll also have the ability to lock and unlock threads.

I'm more than willing to work with forum moderators to run through the tools you have and do some practicing out of the "public eye" so to speak. I have a training forum set up that I can use to run you through the toolset. I usually do this via Skype with me looking on at your screen, walking you through the tools.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Generally, as a "forum" mod (not to be confused with staff), you just ensure the ECF rules are followed. You'll have delete permissions for this forum as well as editing permissions beyond the 48 hour limit. You'll also have the ability to lock and unlock threads.

I'm more than willing to work with forum moderators to run through the tools you have and do some practicing out of the "public eye" so to speak. I have a training forum set up that I can use to run you through the toolset. I usually do this via Skype with me looking on at your screen, walking you through the tools.
    TY R1. I had originally thought that there were additional rules regarding sub- forums. I did take some time this afternoon to review the history of this forum and read all the rules for ECF.
    Being unfamiliar with Skype at this time, perhaps I can just take some time to familiarize myself with the Moderation tools a bit first.?
    TY, R7

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    777...trust me, you can do this! I knew nothing about the tools and how to do things. Trukinlady had confidence in me and I was just trying to keep this forum alive and active. I always tried to cut some slack to non-Christians who were true seekers and had questions. There is a difference between a seeker and someone who is offensive and blasphemous intentionally. God will tell you. You know your Bible. You have good instincts. And, when/if you make human errors like we all do, learn from your mistakes....I always posted apologies on the board for all to see. King David was a man after God's own heart. Why? Because he knew how to repent! I've eaten some humble pie this week.....Praise God, Blessed be His Name... and I'm just excited that humble pie has NO calories!:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread