Correct % per tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB7052

Mar 1, 2017
Excuse my ignorance and please move if required,

I am a little confused between the % liquids and what can be used with what!

Now i have an aspire K1 tank and use vaporized coils, some people say i should use 50/50 and at a push up to 60/40 however i was in vaporized shop and one sales rep said i can use thinner made 70/30 and some say i should never do this. Had a read online and some people say its fine you might burn through coils quicker and some say no never do it

Is there a clear answer on this?

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
The consistency of the ejuice "can" affect certain tanks and coils, depending on how they are wicked. Thinner ejuice, ie higher pg %, can be a problem, particularly in hot weather. Thicker ejuice, ie higher vg %, can be a problem in particularly cold weather or if the tank has smallish juice holes.

Bottom line it depends on the tank/cartridge you are using, and the environment you are using them in. The majority of cartridges can handle any juice you throw at them.

My recommendation would be to try the juice ratio you "like" and see if your tank can handle it. As a rule pg carries flavor better and has more throat hit, vg generates more vapor and is milder on the throat. Let that steer you in what to try. If your particular tank gets flooded on a given mixture try higher vg ratio, if your tank is not getting enough juice flow try a higher pg ratio.

There really isnt a one size fits all rule here.

Last edited:

JB7052

Mar 1, 2017
The consistency of the ejuice "can" affect certain tanks and coils, depending on how they are wicked. Thinner ejuice, ie higher pg %, can be a problem, particularly in hot weather. Thicker ejuice, ie higher vg %, can be a problem in particularly cold weather or if the tank has smallish juice holes.

Bottom line it depends on the tank/cartridge you are using, and the environment you are using them in. The majority of cartridges can handle any juice you throw at them.

My recommendation would be to try the juice ratio you "like" and see if your can tank can handle it. As a rule pg carries flavor better and has more throat hit, vg generates more vapor and is milder on the throat. Let that steer you in what to try. If your particular tank gets flooded on a given mixture try higher vg ratio, if your tank is not getting enough juice flow try a higher pg ratio.

There really isnt a one size fits all rule here.
Thank you, i mean im currently using a 70vg to 30 pg and it seems perfect, im going to try an 80/20 soon to see how it goes

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
Thank you, i mean im currently using a 70vg to 30 pg and it seems perfect, im going to try an 80/20 soon to see how it goes
No harm in it. Enjoy the journey! This all about what works for YOU, and keeps you off the stinkys.

You may even find that you like 100%vg. I like some throat hit myself, so I mix mine at 50/50.

Reactions: JB7052

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
The worst that could happen is you burn your coil and have to replace it. Sometimes with thicker juice and older style premade coils, they have issues wicking thicker eliquid. However, the new tanks (subohm, etc) typically do not have this problem. As indicated previous, poking holes in the cotton/wick with a pin can help with the wicking/juice absorption. Just make sure if you do not, not to be too rough and mess up the wire inside the coil. (sometimes if you poke to hard it can move the coil... I have done this by being careless)

Reactions: mikepetro

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
With an older tank like the K1, you're probably going to find that thinner juices with less VG work best. However, it's not really a "you must never use higher VG than...". If your VG is too high/ your juice is too thick the worst you'll do is ruin a coil and burn the juice currently in the tank. You might get an unpleasant mouthful of smoke, but you won't blow anything up or wreck your tank.

Feel free to experiment and see what works. If a juice is too thick for your tank, you'll first notice that the vape gets a little weaker because there's not enough juice in your wick. You might be able to continue by vaping slower, so the thick juice has more time to soak into the wick. If you keep vaping too fast, the wick will singe. You'll get a nasty hit of smoke. That's your cue to change your coil and stop using that juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread