Cotton Bacon muted flavor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boodaddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2016
Ohio
Cotton bacon is good, but if you want am amazing cotton for flavor you need to try Cotton Candy cotton. Cotton Candy Premium Vaping Wick Product Details The best cotton I have tried, even better than Rayon. Get one pack and try it out, it's free shipping. $4 bucks a pack. I just ordered 7 more packs because of a 50% off over 4 packs deal they got right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: AstroTurf

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
Cotton bacon is good, but if you want am amazing cotton for flavor you need to try Cotton Candy cotton. Cotton Candy Premium Vaping Wick Product Details The best cotton I have tried, even better than Rayon. Get one pack and try it out, it's free shipping. $4 bucks a pack. I just ordered 7 more packs because of a 50% off over 4 packs deal they got right now.
I've gotten some of that stuff for my gf actually, when it used to come in long form, wrapped around the inside of a can... Now it seems like they're cutting it in strips and putting it in baggy's like cotton bacon, anyways she still has some and it is pretty good but funnily enough, recently I just tried this stuff
1cda8f1a36339c45a131c7064bd1cb5d.jpg

(which is awesome btw), & now I'm like 90% sure that cotton candy stuff is rayon. Difference is its not as fluffed up but Sally's sells this for $12.99 and for 2 people, its like 4 years worth. Vs kogendo it's a bit of a trade off, you'll get more flavor with the pads but this stuff wicks faster than anything else.

edit... I think the best branded cotton I've tried (and I've tried a LOT) was chaddo san's, but still, I think regular kogendo pads are on parts or better than most of that stuff, esp. cotton bacon & fiber freaks, which are both very clean ofc. but seem to have very slow wicking properties... chaddo's seems to be something like kogendo with the little pills cleaned off.

I'm really sensitive to cotton taste though since I spent 6 years vaping on nothing but SS mesh, so YMMV.

Last edited:

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
No, flawed testing in Phil's video. As vapers our interest is not how quickly it initially soaks up the juice, but how quickly it transfers the juice when wet. Rayon seems to do a better job at the latter, though I know of no tests that have proven it.
was the Japanese cotton muji, or kogendo?

I could watch it but... Phil's videos are so damn long, I actually measure them in their own increment of time. For example, one hour equals ~.85 busardo's.

Boodaddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2016
Ohio
I've gotten some of that stuff for my gf actually, when it used to come in long form, wrapped around the inside of a can... Now it seems like they're cutting it in strips and putting it in baggy's like cotton bacon, anyways she still has some and it is pretty good but funnily enough, recently I just tried this stuff
1cda8f1a36339c45a131c7064bd1cb5d.jpg

(which is awesome btw), & now I'm like 90% sure that cotton candy stuff is rayon. Difference is its not as fluffed up but Sally's sells this for $12.99 and for 2 people, its like 4 years worth. Vs kogendo it's a bit of a trade off, you'll get more flavor with the pads but this stuff wicks faster than anything else.

edit... I think the best branded cotton I've tried (and I've tried a LOT) was chaddo san's, but still, I think regular kogendo pads are on parts or better than most of that stuff, esp. cotton bacon & fiber freaks, which are both very clean ofc. but seem to have very slow wicking properties... chaddo's seems to be something like kogendo with the little pills cleaned off.

I'm really sensitive to cotton taste though since I spent 6 years vaping on nothing but SS mesh, so YMMV.

Yea that's the stuff I use as well. Got 3 pounds of it from Sally Beauty Supply. It's great, my only issue is it irritates my throat for some reason, and makes me a little wheezy. I figured if all else fails, I have a couple lifetime supplies of it lol.

The cotton candy doesn't feel like rayon to me, it's more compressed and bunched, and pulls different. (Not as stringy). I can definitely taste the difference in cotton candy vs rayon. Cotton bacon V2 is the worst out of the three for me. Definitely muted, and can't hit notes the other two can. I have been wanting to try kogendo. Hear a lot of good things about it. With cotton candy it vapes exactly like my juice tastes, and smells which I love.

If it was in a can, it wasn't cotton candy. It only comes in packets. You probably got "The Cotton Candy Collection" which is different and comes in a can. Haven't tried that stuff yet.

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
Yea that's the stuff I use as well. Got 3 pounds of it from Sally Beauty Supply. It's great, my only issue is it irritates my throat for some reason, and makes me a little wheezy. I figured if all else fails, I have a couple lifetime supplies of it lol.

The cotton candy doesn't feel like rayon to me, it's more compressed and bunched, and pulls different. (Not as stringy). I can definitely taste the difference in cotton candy vs rayon. Cotton bacon V2 is the worst out of the three for me. Definitely muted, and can't hit notes the other two can. I have been wanting to try kogendo. Hear a lot of good things about it. With cotton candy it vapes exactly like my juice tastes, and smells which I love.

If it was in a can, it wasn't cotton candy. It only comes in packets. You probably got "The Cotton Candy Collection" which is different and comes in a can. Haven't tried that stuff yet.
That's weird, it did have the same logo though... I dunno if she still has the tin, if so I'll take pics.

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
Haven't seen the cotton candy around, it's possible it all got used up. I had some of that in a box with some fiber freaks that I was saving bc I heard they went out of business, it's apparently missing.

I've been using this stuff,
1d121658c167ac9a023dd081e22d77fc.jpg
c67ad83f1be56c16c04b5a8919c74cfc.jpg

I do notice you have to use a lot more of it than cotton but I haven't noticed anything unpleasant. It wicks faster than anything else I've used, and as long as I wash my hands, it breaks in very quickly.

Reactions: Boodaddy

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle

Along with the taste which tastes like something I stepped in I have this issue also. It makes my throat dry and scratchy. I used the same stuff from Sally's Beauty Supply, this same stuff that is recommended. I gave it a good run, ran a couple wick's through my Kayfun and I just don't like it at all.

The major pro I hear for it that it lasts so long. With Koh gen Do my coils will gunk up long before my Koh gen Do will start breaking down. I'll rewick on average once a week, sometimes a week and a half and I can't imagine not cleaning my coils any longer than that. :eek:=

Reactions: Boodaddy

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
Along with the taste which tastes like something I stepped in I have this issue also. It makes my throat dry and scratchy. I used the same stuff from Sally's Beauty Supply, this same stuff that is recommended. I gave it a good run, ran a couple wick's through my Kayfun and I just don't like it at all.

The major pro I hear for it that it lasts so long. With Koh gen Do my coils will gunk up long before my Koh gen Do will start breaking down. I'll rewick on average once a week, sometimes a week and a half and I can't imagine not cleaning my coils any longer than that. :eek:=
Vs kogendo Idk which one is better yet, If I break them in properly the flavor seems the same, but rayon is a bit harsher and kogendo doesn't wick or last as long

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread