Cotton drippers opinions?

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomizer Systems' started by Cool-breeze, Feb 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Cool-breeze

Cool-breeze Super Member ECF Veteran

I've been dripping for awhile using a cotton wick and i love it. My question for those with more experience in this is how many flavors will you use on a single wick? I constantly change flavors and dripping is great for that, but after the first couple hits, on a dif flavor, it starts to get a mixed taste. Sometimes that's great other times not so much. Ie I'm curious if there's a general guideline on this.

2. emus

emus Vaping Master ECF Veteran

When I tire of a flavor I sometimes vape it away w/ unflavored and sometimes pull the wick and start over.
    Depends on mood and flavor staying power.

3. Cool-breeze

I do the same, but I'm mainly wanting to know for when I drip at work. Changing the wick at home, no prob. Changing it on my lunch break I can do but that's valuable vape time lost which after I eat I only get 20ish mins to get my fix in.

4. vapspaz

vapspaz Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Not sure what dripper you use but with my little Igo-s I just pop the top off and run some tap water over the coil and wick then gently soak up the water with a paper towel. Works like a charm when you're in a hurry and don't want to mess around with a new cotton wick. Although making a new wick is almost just as fast. LOL The only draw back is if your coil is already gunked up from a previous juice. Then your new juice might be a little off.

5. Jonathan Tittle

Jonathan Tittle Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

It really depends on the size of the wick, though if it's a small wick fitted through a 1/16" micro-coil, I'll normally just dry burn until the coils just begin to glow, stop, repeat and then drip the new flavor. Since a number of the flavors I vape, right now, are similar (vanilla's, custards, caramels and light tobaccos), it's not a major issue. The only time I have to change the wick is if I switch to fruit.

6. gpjoe

gpjoe Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I change the cotton, but don't drip at work. At work I use a mini Protank or IBTanked carto tank (and fantasize that I'm at home dripping).

7. Mitey F

Mitey F Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I only change my wicks when they're old and nasty... about once every week or 2. Besides that, I change flavors at least 4 or 5 times a day without doing anything. After a few drip sessions with a new flavor, the old flavor is more or less gone.

8. suspectK

suspectK Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I'm ocd..I change cotton every time, and will even rinse off remaining liquid on deck. I mainly use drippers when trying new flavors, or when I don't have time to load a tank of the flavor I want.

9. Jugband

Jugband Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I do the same here to a T. Except I use drippers when ever I'm home. But really it only takes a few minutes at most. That's what I love about cotton. Just pull it out, quick rinse of the deck, pop a new wick in. The more you do it the faster it will go.

10. Portertown

Portertown Ultra Member ECF Veteran

The Peaches and Cream cotton yarn works good for doing a quick wick change. Cut some pieces to your desired length and place in a small plastic bag to carry with you when out of the house. If you wind your coil with a .075 ID, the yarn will fit perfectly without having to remove any threads from it. Just pull out the old wick, do a quick dry burn, wipe off any remaining juice from the deck and insert new wick.

11. Cool-breeze

I've read a lot of ppl using the peaches and cream yarn. I'll admit it does sound convenient but I've got the cotton ball approach hitting perfectly for me, at least on a single coil. I try to avoid fixing things until they are broke :p thanks for the input y'all.

12. Rule62

Rule62 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I like that idea of the .075 ID. I have one dripper, an Omega, and a couple of Kayfuns which I have been using a #44 drill bit to wind coils on. The #44 is .086. A doubled piece of P&C yarn slides through with just the right amount of tension. I bend a piece of kanthal into a V, and use it to pull the doubled piece of yarn through the coil.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.