Status
Not open for further replies.

bacc.vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Virtualville
It'd be best to be unbleached organic cotton. Regular cotton balls are probably bleached and some may have other things in them like Hydrogen Peroxide. When cotton was first being used for vaping some would use regular cotton after boiling it, but I'd suggest staying safe and getting unbleached and organic.

Jordann

Jun 22, 2017
It'd be best to be unbleached organic cotton. Regular cotton balls are probably bleached and some may have other things in them like Hydrogen Peroxide. When cotton was first being used for vaping some would use regular cotton after boiling it, but I'd suggest staying safe and getting unbleached and organic.
Alright thanks :)

Reactions: bacc.vap

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Just curious how do u use cotton balls to wick. Isn't it a bit hard to work with them?
Not hard at all.

I tried kogendo but i wasted more of the cotton than i used.

With cotton balls i didn't waste hardly anything.

If the wick is too thin. Add a few fibers to the wick abd try again.

If the wick is too fat for the coil hold the. Wick with both hands and pull a few fibers oyt of the end that was too thick. I loved using organic cotton balls for wicks.

Reactions: David Wolf

Jordann

Jun 22, 2017
Not hard at all.

I tried kogendo but i wasted more of the cotton than i used.

With cotton balls i didn't waste hardly anything.

If the wick is too thin. Add a few fibers to the wick abd try again.

If the wick is too fat for the coil hold the. Wick with both hands and pull a few fibers oyt of the end that was too thick. I loved using organic cotton balls for wicks.
Alright I'm going to try wicking with cotton balls. Thanks for the info :)

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
Just curious how do u use cotton balls to wick. Isn't it a bit hard to work with them?

I haven't used them but I've seen vids and as said... they unroll into a narrow sheet.

Just get the right product (no bleach or chemicals) whether balls or pads and don't worry about cost/waste.
I've got a 170 pads/$11 sack of Muji and I don't think I've used a third of it after 14 months or so.

You may spend a little deciding what you prefer, but once you get a bulk supply... wicking is an extremely minor cost in vaping.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Whichever you get used to working with works equally well for wick material. The cotton balls are fluffier from the beginning and all the fibers are combed in the same direction. The pads have the cotton combed in the same direction too but have a pressed stuck together outer surface on both sides that needs to be fluffed up and separated after inserting with a needle or something.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Hey guys I have a question. Is it fine to use normal facial cotton for wicking? or does it have to be organic cotton.
I use Cotton Bacon V2. Clean taste and tried the organic Japanese. KGD is ok, but love the way Cotton Bacon pulls apart making it easier to wick for me.

Reactions: Bonskibon

doctadrea

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2013
Maui
I used to just grab a little pinch off of a cotton ball and pull (gently) to get a strip. These days I'm all fancy and use the facial pads (pull off the top and bottom layers) and even use scissors to cut it! What I'm trying to say is that you can use whatever you want for wicking. Most of the super expensive stuff is the same as you'd find at a pharmacy, only repackaged and marked up for vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread