Cotton rebuilds and Protank

Discussion in 'Clearomizers' started by Mapultz, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mapultz

Mapultz Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Rebuilding with cotton is going well. Working fine in evods, t3 and t3s. But I put the coil in my pt2 and the draw is really tight.

I tried less cotton. Same thing. I don't think I could put any less in there without it leaking all over the place.

Checked the air holes, no clogs. Put a silica coil in there and worked fine. Put the cotton one back in and it's tight again.

Help?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

2. Papajohns

Papajohns Senior Member ECF Veteran

Hmm strange. The PT2 is known to have a tight draw if you screw it down all the way, but im not sure that is the problem if it was working with another coil. How much cotton do you use? It expands, so you generally have to use less than you think. Any flavor wicks? I have heard of problems with and without.
    I use the aerotank base on my PT2 to fix the airflow and my cotton wicks work fine.

3. Mapultz

I even tried turning the little silicone cap upside down.

I'm not sure how to measure how much cotton I'm using... Is very little. I wrap 32ga kanthal around a 1/16 drill bit. The amount of cotton I thread through is enough to slide through without much resistance at all.

4. Mapultz

I need that Aerotank base! I saw most places are sold out though?

5. Mapultz

Oh and no flavor wicks. Would those help?

6. Jarbs

Jarbs Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

yes you certainly do!

7. TheReign

TheReign Ultra Member ECF Veteran

If you put alot of cotton in there it will choke, Too little and it will Flood. Although you want some resistance while pulling through you don't want the coil to move around leading to a short.

I've heard PT2 gets something wrong with some kind of silicone something that restricts the airflow... Lots of help i know Lol.

Getting the Aerobase will solve ya problem

8. Christopherja

Christopherja Senior Member ECF Veteran

9. Mapultz

I can't figure out why the coils I build with cotton (the same amount, probably more) work so well in my evods/T3/T3S etc. but not the Protank. GAH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.