Status
Not open for further replies.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
Hey everyone Plumes.91 here with another fascinating question (& hopefully, answer) lol.

I am thinking of ordering an iHybrid from a classifieds post. My only issue is, I don't have any stainless-steel-mesh, and I really didn't want to have to use MESH, anymore. I'd rather just use Silica or Cotton. So my question is, can you do a cotton build on something like the ihybrid genesis tank? It's obviously gotta be a vertical coil set-up, right? So, is it even possible to get good wicking w/ either Silica or Cotton?

Thanks in advanced, for ANY help! I really do appreciate it whenever some1 comes round' to help me.
I feeel like I've seen people do cotton/silica builds in genesis attys, but I just cant remember :(

any idea, guys?

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Hey everyone Plumes.91 here with another fascinating question (& hopefully, answer) lol.

I am thinking of ordering an iHybrid from a classifieds post. My only issue is, I don't have any stainless-steel-mesh, and I really didn't want to have to use MESH, anymore. I'd rather just use Silica or Cotton. So my question is, can you do a cotton build on something like the ihybrid genesis tank? It's obviously gotta be a vertical coil set-up, right? So, is it even possible to get good wicking w/ either Silica or Cotton?

Thanks in advanced, for ANY help! I really do appreciate it whenever some1 comes round' to help me.
I feeel like I've seen people do cotton/silica builds in genesis attys, but I just cant remember :(

any idea, guys?

1: sure you can do a cotton build on a genesis tank.
2: no you don't have to make it vertical

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013

any idea, guys?

If you want to use cotton why not just get an atty made for that?

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
If you want to use cotton why not just get an atty made for that?

Do you know of an atomizer made to use COTTON only or even primarily? I mean most of the atties on the market were originally designed around a silica wick. Cotton wicking for the most part is market not design driven.

Reactions: Eric Auer

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Do you know of an atomizer made to use COTTON only or even primarily? I mean most of the atties on the market were originally designed around a silica wick. Cotton wicking for the most part is market not design driven.

Ummmm, yeah, drippers. Gennies were designed to use mesh. Drippers are designed to use cotton. You may wish to look into that.

Reactions: Plumes.91

zeus01

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2011
manila
Ummmm, yeah, drippers. Gennies were designed to use mesh. Drippers are designed to use cotton. You may wish to look into that.

where did this come from??

drippers long existed before gennies
or even cotton was present in the vaping scene

no one device is specifically desinged for a specific wicking material

you can use mesh on a dripper,vice versa
or cotton

to OP

you can also
look for riptrippers old video on auto dripping on gennies

Highwayman1224

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Goodyear, AZ
where did this come from??

drippers long existed before gennies
or even cotton was present in the vaping scene

no one device is specifically desinged for a specific wicking material

you can use mesh on a dripper,vice versa
or cotton

to OP

you can also
look for riptrippers old video on auto dripping on gennies
You can't get him to understand stuff like that, he's one of those guy's that thinks genny's are only supposed to be built one way only. The way I see it, if you want to use something other than mesh, then have at it! It's your atty & you should build it any way you want to!

zeus01

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2011
manila
You can't get him to understand stuff like that, he's one of those guy's that thinks genny's are only supposed to be built one way only. The way I see it, if you want to use something other than mesh, then have at it! It's your atty & you should build it any way you want to!

hahahahhaha
sorry mate

just wanted to see if it was something that i missed in the past

regarding gennys

well vaping in general is kinda meant to be that way

you can mix match,devices,tops,builds etc as long as you ahve the patience for it.

with a few exceptions of a few like kato's hammer that would not look good on a mini haze
if you know what i mean

hahahhaha

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California

Are currently made for cotton or stainless. But the designs are really adaptations of atomizers that used silica at first.
Cotton is the current favorite wick material, MOST drippers today are marketed for use with cotton. And if there are any TRUE NEW design drippers out there they might be made for cotton.
Some designs, were adapted for use with stainless, but silica followed by cotton/rayon was used first. Granted there are genes TODAY made or intended for use with mesh, SAT22. But even these can use cotton or silica, with a bit of creativity.
Silica and I believe cotton both were used before even mesh in gene tanks, silica for sure. Rayon and cotton were even used in the cigalikes, as drippers. Heck the first place I saw mesh or ceramic wicks was in the atties adapted or designed for use of those substances which are not discussed here.

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
Drippers are designed to use cotton. You may wish to look into that.

Not true. RDAs were being made and were available long before people started to use cotton (it was all silica, Ekowool, and SS mesh before that). There are even RDAs that were designed to use SS mesh (like the Versa Dripper Hybrid).

zeus01

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2011
manila
Well the forum is a genesis atomizer forum, and the thread isn't about that, it's about building gennies as something they are not, and not intended for, so I'll just depart this thread.

seriously???

hahahahhahahahhhhahah

not intended for?

so bet you cant use cotton
since a dripping atomizer i made for to be used for silica

since cotton wasnt used yet before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread