Apr 9, 2012
Goodyear, AZ
seriously???

hahahahhahahahhhhahah

not intended for?

so bet you cant use cotton
since a dripping atomizer i made for to be used for silica

since cotton wasnt used yet before.
Like I said before, can't argue with him.... He put me on his ignore list cause I disagreed with him about this, lol!

Reactions: Eric Auer

zeus01

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2011
manila
Like I said before, can't argue with him.... He put me on his ignore list cause I disagreed with him about this, lol!

hahahhaha

maybe its because we ride
:)

and know variation and change is always better
and most things are used as long as you are able to :)

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
I made a genny set-up a long time ago where i placed silica over the hole and pressed a micro-coil into the silica to create an auto-dripper, i suppose. it just didn't work well enough with chain vaping for me to continue experimenting with it. idk who that was directed-at, but the whole reason I am asking if anyone has used cotton in their gennys is because i am trying to use cotton in gennys... lol.. i am not 1 of those people that think u can only use mesh.. that's the point of this thread. I dont have mesh. i dont want to buy mesh. i found 18500 ihybrid pures for under 20 bucks... which is a STEAL, considering i've ALWAYS wanted a pure, and they were always around 100... so i made this thread to ask how to use cotton in a genny.

Annie56

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
I work in the field of mechanics/laboratory medicine. From the time i was a tot--i have been either looking at crap that i found in the yard under a toy-microscope, or dismantling my Mother's sewing machine or transistor radio (i'm old...)
I quit smoking almost ten years ago. Broke as a result of a bad divorce--i chewed pepper. I'm sooo not joking.
I discovered vaping after i managed to keep a bit more of my coin. Vaping helps me stay awake.
What i really LOVE about vaping--is rebuilding--specifically gennies.
I got really fascinated with how you could manage to use metal as a wick for a coil that conducts current. I have watched just about every tutorial out there on the youtubes--and have devoted entire weekends to making an atty work with mesh--drippers included. It is DEFINITELY NOT as simple as wrapping the perfect coil OR rolling the perfect wick. There is an element of contact--the 'marriage', if you will, of wick to coil. And if there is an internet tutorial or a thread on this forum that teaches HOW the setup is supposed to 'feel' in your hands as you build it--I HAVE NOT FOUND IT!!!(yeah, CAPS!!)
In browsing other forums--i found that people have been using cotton, silica, ecowool, etc in gennies since they have been made available to the general vaping public. And if you can get your atty to RAWK using these materials, GO FOR IT!!!
Me, i'm just some nut-case that likes to shuffle around in socks that have little bits of mesh and kanthal stuck in them.
Would, myself, love to try those ceramic rods as a wick. But i am wayyyyy too clumsy!!
We're all VAPERS--trying every day to lay off the cigs. Rebuildables are awesome, cool, ADULT TinkerToys!!! I LOVE what the dripper folks are doing with competition coils!!
If you can get BC tanks to work, that's great too!!
If you have other stuff to do, you know, like feed your kids or go to hockey practice--plug-and-play!!!
Good Luck with your builds, Plumes!!

Strings

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2014
Manitowoc WI USA
I tried using mesh. Really, I did. After building/wicking 10 or so (and only getting 1 to work reasonably reliably), I gave up.

Someone on here suggested ReadyXWick. I tried it, and it works fairly well, most of the time. I've also used cotton (and still do in some of my attys)

Personal choice... what a wonderful thing!

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
I'm really specifically talking about the Ihybrid pure... I found a site selling it extremely cheap, and I wanted to purchase it but use it with silica or cotton, because i dont have any mesh from my mesh days, and i dont have any desire to buy more mesh for 1 mod. does any1 know of any1 using silica or cotton in the Ihybrid pure mods?

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
I tried using mesh. Really, I did. After building/wicking 10 or so (and only getting 1 to work reasonably reliably), I gave up.

Someone on here suggested ReadyXWick. I tried it, and it works fairly well, most of the time. I've also used cotton (and still do in some of my attys)

Personal choice... what a wonderful thing!

Yep, I like the ReadyXWick. No great troubles for me so far. Recently
did have some minor trouble with my RSST though. *chuckles* Know why
too. I swapped from one flavor of juice to another. The juice I put into
the polycarb tank helped to unseat the tank itself.

The juice has menthol in it and so there was likely some kind of
chemical/physical reaction. Had similar happen to an IClear16 tank with
a polycarb tube. Had to physically break the tube with vise grips,
pocket knife to get it off the metal it fused onto.

So yestern I was sitting here having the RSST 'throwing oil' all over
me. *chuckles* Eventually decided I would take it full apart, clean 'em
up and wait until I can try stainless mesh. Got it over in a pill
bottle, no juice, no wick, no coil at present.

Back to my evod style tanks and a t-Dux 4.0. I think the T-Dux 4.0 seems
real similar to maybe a ProTank, but we all know they're all different
companies and manufactures. Even they are nothing to keep from sharing
design features, say via industrial spying, bartering of innovation.

There's only so many ways to make a reservoir with an attached heating
element, a flue, I suppose. that granted we do still get a fair amount
of choice. We can figure, "ah, look it's all pretty universal and plug
'n' play gear, I'll go buy a bunch of ProTank heads for the ARO tank and
just rebuild them until they crush out', or buy some high dollar thing
claiming to even make ya toast of a morning.

I do think the T-Dux 2/3 improve on the ARO a bit. Though being coils in
a ceramic cup sort of limits one to being real careful in rebuilding
them. I need to watch wife's bro-in-law do it once. Understand the
basics but that tiny ceramic cup boggles me. Not learned finesse enough
yet to be confident my fingers wouldn't snap it to dust. Besides that,
be lovely to go tossing coil heads from nerve induced spasm in the
arm/hand.

Well I ramble too much. Up again way too early.

Annie56

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
It sounds like maybe you had a 'tank-cracker' juice. Pyrex or steel-tanked atties can withstand 'tank-crackers'. Do a search on this forum. Someone has compiled a list. Cinnamons, and i think citrus flavours--can be culprits. If you get your hands on a pyrex Rsst--you can use any juice that you want. Sorry about your atty, Morley.

zeus01

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2011
manila
I made a genny set-up a long time ago where i placed silica over the hole and pressed a micro-coil into the silica to create an auto-dripper, i suppose. it just didn't work well enough with chain vaping for me to continue experimenting with it. idk who that was directed-at, but the whole reason I am asking if anyone has used cotton in their gennys is because i am trying to use cotton in gennys... lol.. i am not 1 of those people that think u can only use mesh.. that's the point of this thread. I dont have mesh. i dont want to buy mesh. i found 18500 ihybrid pures for under 20 bucks... which is a STEAL, considering i've ALWAYS wanted a pure, and they were always around 100... so i made this thread to ask how to use cotton in a genny.

well

you could do it the same way before,
microcoil horizontal
make wick then have it sit on top as if it was a dripper,but insert one end on the wick hole

here is something done vertically,
i9 googled it out buit this should give you an idea

11061196805_4444e39d3c_o.jpg

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
that's neat!!! the cotton goes into the tank itself, it doesn't just sit a-top the hole! see, this is what I'm talking about guys! I haven't experimented with doing a build like this yet, but I plan on it, especially now that I know people are doing it. this picture is great!! I have-to try this with my AGA or hyperSRT tanks. Thanks for the heads up bro!!

zeus01

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2011
manila
that's neat!!! the cotton goes into the tank itself, it doesn't just sit a-top the hole! see, this is what I'm talking about guys! I haven't experimented with doing a build like this yet, but I plan on it, especially now that I know people are doing it. this picture is great!! I have-to try this with my AGA or hyperSRT tanks. Thanks for the heads up bro!!

yup but take note sometimes if the cotton touches the bottom of the tank

well some of the juice dont actually go to the coils

when i was doing htat kind of build before
i just cut it just enough for small amount to bee seen on the tank and id would need to tip it over to get the juice on the wicks

but please do experiment with the wick length
having it horizontally built and have the wick simply sit is also ok on cotton
you just need to tip it over every now and then
downside,not that pocket friendly :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread