1. Win Vaping gear! The ECF 15 Millionth Post contest

We are fast approaching the 15 millionth ECF post and we have a contest to celebrate this huge landmark and amazing prizes to give out to our members! Head over to the official contest thread to see the rules and check out the prizes generously pledged by our registered suppliers on the prize announcement thread.

Cotton

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomizer Systems' started by Lumiis, Jun 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Lumiis

Lumiis Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Have read that Cotton is a superior wicking material, but where do you buy yours?

From What I've seen and read, people are buying unbleached cotton fabric and cotton yarn from craft shops, how safe are these options?

Thanks for viewing thread and sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere.

2. DSmooch

DSmooch Super Member ECF Veteran

the wickstore dot com is a good place to start. they offer sample packs too so you can test different materials, thickness etc..

3. super_X_drifter

super_X_drifter Vaper with a vid cam, killer mods and awesome RDAs Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    You can buy a box of sterile rolled cotton from CVS pharmacy for $6 and it is approximately a life time supply. No boiling necessary :)

4. Nu2Dis

Nu2Dis Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Have you done this? I have some in the cabinet but have been concerned with trying it for the first time.

5. Rat2chat2

Rat2chat2 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Is it out in the store or behind the counter in the pharmacy? Thanks for the tip. Does this last as long as silica wicks?

6. E_DeCastro

E_DeCastro Moved On Verified Member ECF Veteran

i just grabbed some from my wife's medicine cabinet and it worked wicks ok (but I think it's because I was using a crappy nova tank) but no weird taste or burning.

7. E_DeCastro

E_DeCastro Moved On Verified Member ECF Veteran

I'm thinking even if it doesn't and you have decent coils, you can replace the cotton without taking the coil out. so you techinically replace the cotton everyday if you so desire.

8. super_X_drifter

super_X_drifter Vaper with a vid cam, killer mods and awesome RDAs Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    That's like all I used, until last week, when I started using Nextel XC 116.

That rolled cotton is off the chain. Check out these threads. They're all about using rolled cotton to make the sickest of builds :)

RM2 / RBA 2.0 / Reomizer 2 Rebuild Tutorial

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9421933

Micro Coil for the RBA on your REO

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8848169

9. super_X_drifter

Supporting member
    I grabbed it right off the shelf. Check out those links above for some easy builds and feedback ^.

I vape unflavored nic base. I changed the wicks around once a week, just because I enjoy tinkering. I've never had one fail. The dry hit would let you know that it's time to wet it long before you burned it :)

10. GetVaked

GetVaked Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Walmart or Hobby Lobby. 100% natural unbleached cotton.

All I use.

11. Rat2chat2

Rat2chat2 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Thanks bunches....

12. Barton

Barton Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I'm using sterile organic cotton balls for my wick on my protank coil builds. I like it but I'm getting a bit of a weird taste on all flavors I've been using. Is anyone else getting this as well. Other than this the performance of the wick has been great.

: protank
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.