Coughing at the begining

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel Oti

May 31, 2016
Hi! I'm kind of not completely new to vaping since I tried ecigs before but I just made a considerable investment and commitment and I really want this to work. I received last week a Vaporfi Vox TC and the experience so far has been great. I just smoked around three analog cigarettes during the weekend (Which would have been at least 40-60 before receiving the Vox TC) and I am really enjoying vaping. My only concern is that whenever I pick up my Vox and start vaping it feels very rough on my throat and causes me to cough. I realized that if I take several puffs and realease withouth taking the vapor to my lungs it gets softer and then I can get it to my lungs with no undesired kick. Is this issue common (Normal) or is it product problem?

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Welcome :)
I coughed on the most basic products on the market; cigalikes that operated at about 5 watts. It took me a year to reach 9 watts. These days, there's no limit. You'll be fine. Keep the PG ratio down and avoid strong liquids (nicotine level) in subohm hardware (18 watts upwards, basically).
Now, the bad news. The brand that has attracted your attention and your money is infamous for selling hardware at way more than average price. They get away with it by 'hiding' the products as something else (the names are invented to confuse buyers) but essentially you can pay 120 bucks for a 30 dollar e-cig. This extends to accessories, especially replacement atomizer heads. Oh, and the famous tank for 59.99 we can buy for about 28.00. Sorry to break this to you but it's best you know. Good luck. Vaping gets real easy after the initial period I promise. :)

Reactions: Daniel Oti

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Part of this is just getting used to vapor.

When you first began to smoke cigarettes, I bet you coughed quite a bit at first. Soon, your body adjusted and you were able to smoke without coughing.

Vaping is much the same way. At first you may cough as your body adjusts to the new experience. Soon, your body will adjust to vapor.

Some things may cause you to cough more, though. Too high of a nicotine concentration, or too much pg in the pg/vg ration of the e-liquid. Both the nicotine and Pg contribute to the "throat hit" of an e-cigarette.

Take slow, gentle draws into your mouth, hold it, and then inhale into your lungs (mouth-to-lung hit). Holding the vapor in your mouth for a second or two allows the vapor to cool a bit.

If you are using an adjustable regulated mod, decrease the wattage output. Too much power can cause coughing. Use the setting that works best for YOU, not what someone else uses.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined.
I pick up my Vox and start vaping it feels very rough on my throat and causes me to cough
One common cause that has been known to cause coughing is the type of juice. Cinnamon's, among other flavors, have can cause throat irritation. Solution: Change to a different flavor and see if coughing subsides or ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread