coughing up blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

schadoe

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2009
1) You asked about VG causing you to cough up blood, and I told you that was not the underlying cause. Yes, you ask about PG/VG, and I'll tell you about PG/VG.

2) Actually, inhaling VG/PG over and over again is exactly what the studies were. The entertainment industry was concerned about the effects on the techs and the performers. It is not bio-cumulative, and can cause upper respiratory irritation.

I don't understand how someone so concerned about PG/VG can be so unconcerned about the idea that they are coughing up blood. If you are coughing up blood, something is up with your body, and its not the PG/VG directly making you cough up blood, something else is the problem. Maybe you're agitating your other issues, I have no idea - but you asked a question, and I answered you. So why are you attacking me for answering your question? You don't make any sense.

My original post is below, It seems to me that i stated the facts and asked if anyone else had this happen. I did not ask if it was caused by pg, vg. What you called an attack on you was only a request not to answer someones questions with your opinion on how safe vaping is. I have already researched vaping and the base ingredients and came to the same conclusion as you, that is better than analogs. I cannot research the ingredients of what people mix into it though, and thought that maybe others had had this happen while vaping.
I did not need to hear how someone smoked for 50 years and never had the problem. Some people smoke analogs untill they die of old age and never have any problems. The blood was mixed in with the phlem and started out pink and then got darker but was always mixed with the phlem in a complete color. it was not streaked in , looking like red spots or bloody streaks. Im pretty sure it was from sinuses that drained and collected in my lungs as i slept. There was no discolored phlem throughout the day just the first few coughs upon getting up in the morning. i was not asking for a diagnosis from people on the forum either. I only asked if anyone else had had this happen. i did reply with more info when people gave the medical advice, but never asked for it. the same as i never asked how safe vaping is. A lot of you get defensive to fast when someone asks a question that may point to a problem with vaping. The above post with msds states not to breath the vaper of pg. I already knew this, the problem i have is people saying its safe, there are tests that have been done, when the msds says not to breath it. We do not know how safe it is, and the real issue is I never asked if it was safe. I asked one question, and that was if anyone else had coughed up blood after vaping.

I have coughed up frothy blood twice now, I smoked the npro for a week with no problems. I then got a 901 and some liquid, and the next day I coughed up blood . It went away and was just regullar cough up after about 7 cough and spits. I then went back to analogs, Yesterday I tried the 901 again , and coughed up blood again this morning? every time I make up my mind to quit analogs and go to vaping totaly I wake up and cough up blood.I am going to try just using the npro again , I went and got 10 more carts for it, and will lay off the pg vg liquid i was using with the 901, and see if there is blood.

Has anyone else coughed up blood when first trying vaping?

schadoe

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2009
Ummm, has anyone else read Schadoe's other posts on ECF? Something isn't right here...

Vaping Wintergreen Oil? (8/22) Asking if you are going to die... What? After being told not to use LorAnn's with oils in them just a few hours earlier.

i used the wintergreen and smoked a full cart, then i read this
The most concentrated and toxic form of salicylate is oil of wintergreen (methyl salicylate, a component of some liniments and solutions used in hot vaporizers); ingestion of < 5 mL can kill a young child. Any exposure should be considered serious.
Salicylates impair cellular respiration by uncoupling oxidative phosphorylation. They stimulate respiratory centers in the medulla, causing primary respiratory alkalosis. Am I going to die lol?

Yup, something is odd here...

the lorans wintergreen did not say oil anywhere on the bottle, Or i would not have used it. And the am I going to die was joking. See the LOL at the end. i was told on that on this forum as long as it did not say oil on the lable it was ok. I then saw a post about lorans that was color coded with what to use and what may be not so good to use. I noticed the methyl salicylate listed as being in it. that is when I researched methyl salicylate, and asked about it. I got rid of the lorans and the carts that were used.

0030-0100.jpg

check https://www.lorannoils.com/p-8700-wintergreen-oil-artificial.aspx

it shows bottle without oil in name but is listed on the web sight as oil of wintergreen. I bought it and used it because someone posted that anything without oil in name was safe. I bought it at a local health food store so the oil of wintergreen sign was not there. this is a problem, people stating things are safe when they may not be. i know that vaping may not be safe but decided it wa safer for me than analogs. This was not my original question here i only asked if anyone else had the same problem I had. If ya did post an answer if ya didnt you really did not even have to post anything. to be blunt.

Last edited:

zee

Sep 6, 2009
Las Vegas
I will call the dr. I have coughed up blood before, and went to the dr. i was told that a little blood was ok, but if it was orange or green to call right away. My coughing has been sever for years, and would see some blood in phlem several times a year for the last 10 years. The question i had was why is it only happening the morning after vaping. Could the pg vg be drying out my lungs and making it bleed? I have brochitus, copd, acute sinusitis, and have smoked for 27 years.
Would like to talk to you about this! Should I email you? Thanks, Zee

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
I just read through this thread. I must say, a bit disturbing. I'm certain shadoe has every intention of going to the doctor but since it wasn't about to happen on Labor Day, I think all that was sought was someone to share concern with.
Too bad it turned into a fracas.
I’m sure all idiot remarks could’ve been left on the wayside while the guilty party(s) could have offered a little support.
Shadoe, let us know what the doctor says because a lot of us now are concerned about you.
And don’t judge all of us for the actions of just a few—or one.
God Bless.

schadoe

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2009
I just read through this thread. I must say, a bit disturbing. I'm certain shadoe has every intention of going to the doctor but since it wasn't about to happen on Labor Day, I think all that was sought was someone to share concern with.
Too bad it turned into a fracas.
I’m sure all idiot remarks could’ve been left on the wayside while the guilty party(s) could have offered a little support.
Shadoe, let us know what the doctor says because a lot of us now are concerned about you.
And don’t judge all of us for the actions of just a few—or one.
God Bless.

thank you jj2, i may not totaly delete this forum from my favorites yet. The fact is I have seen several drs about it, and will call and make another appt tomorrow. While coughing up bloody phlem is not normal, there are many causes. i have been been xrayed and all for it already. I was only wanting to know if the drying out factor of pg/vg (because I used both ) might have casued the bleed. I thought that if that was the case then others would have had the same happen, could post it. I understand now why they may not post it even if it happened to them.

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
It could be the dry throat. My son does the same thing when his sinuses act up and he doesn’t smoke or vape. The first time was when he was about ten and it scared the crap out of me. Since then, it's, “Oh, well, here we go again.”
If you live in a cold climate, get a room vaporizer and run it while you are sleeping---it will help tremendously.
Since you’ve been poked and prodded and x-rayed by your doctor, I suggest some throat lozenges. I also suggest you get the lozenges that have Echinacea & Vitamin C.
Another option is you could be allergic. I hope not or at least I hope you don't take up smoking again.
Be brave: Just remember, even if government or the FDA isn't in your corner, God, me, and Tigger is. Have a great day.

Last edited:

SLDS181

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Western NJ
Thank you to the people who actually answered my question. The rest that are only interested in making the point that no way pg/vg can cause any problems can read the msds sheet.

Ah, ok, now I see it.

You are here attacking vaping :)

You see, for any of that stuff to happen that was listed, if you actually read the sheets, the intake amount is MASSIVE. Add to that fact PG is not bio-cumulative, and you'd see that it is not possible when vaping to generate those effects.

Here, let me quote a few lines from a USP MSDS:

INGESTION: Not normally hazardous, however, if large amount has been swallowed, seek medical assistance or contact a poison control center immediately.

INHALATION: Remove to fresh air. Not normally an inhalation hazard, however, if not breathing give artificial respiration and seek immediate medical attention.

Apparently you've glossed over the word "ACUTE" many, many, many, many, many times. If you didn't know, the amount take into your body doesn't even come close to being the amount required, by any stretch. Use a PV 24/7, and you won't even make a fraction of the amount required to match the intake to cause problems beyond irritation.

So, I'm going to put you in the category of "Nutjobs posing to try and stir up controversy", since that is what you are.

EDIT: So, despite my earlier attempts to help and reply by pointing you to a doctor, someone qualified to discuss your COUGHING UP BLOOD, which seems to be a minor issue to you, I'll be adding you to my ignore list. Have a good one.

SLDS181

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Western NJ
SLD

Why not just call a truce and all settle down.

I got attacked by this idiot for recommending he see a doctor, because PG & VG would not directly cause someone to cough up blood. He begins attacking me for recommending he see a doctor.

How is this my fault exactly?

He's on my ignore list now anyway.

Flitzanu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Tulsa, OK, U.S.A.
www.myspace.com
I have coughed up frothy blood twice now, I smoked the npro for a week with no problems. I then got a 901 and some liquid, and the next day I coughed up blood . It went away and was just regullar cough up after about 7 cough and spits. I then went back to analogs, Yesterday I tried the 901 again , and coughed up blood again this morning? every time I make up my mind to quit analogs and go to vaping totaly I wake up and cough up blood.I am going to try just using the npro again , I went and got 10 more carts for it, and will lay off the pg vg liquid i was using with the 901, and see if there is blood.

based on the rest of the thread, you just want a simple answer.

"no."

no i've never coughed up blood, and cant' say that i remember anyone else coughing up blood.

so there's your answer, now you do what you think is best based on that information.

schadoe

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2009
If I coughed up blood after starting to vape - I would go back to smoking!

I had coughed blood before vaping.

Well after vaping new liquid and the new 901, and bleeding, and then 4 days back on analogs with no blood, and then 1 day with liquid and 901 and blood again, I vaped again yesterday with a new liquid, runyan4 mixed with the same vg pg I had mixed beflore and had no blood this morning. The only thing I did different was runya4 instead of winston, and marlboro flavor, and not breathing vapor out through my nose. I also did my sinus rinse that i am supposed to do daily anyway and had not been doing. I have a dr. appt for friday, but am pretty sure it was from my blowing vaper out through nose, and that caused my sinuses to dry and bleed. I usually only cough blood in the winter time when the heater dries out my sinuses, and they drain blood into my lungs overnight.

I had always planned on calling the Dr. Tuesday since Monday was a holiday. My first day off is fri, so that is when i am going to see the Dr.

BigJimW

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
Warwick, RI
www.moonport.org

No. I've been vaping for four months now and even my stools are turning back to normal. Lungs are fine

You have a lung problem unrelated to vaping. I had a similar situation about two years ago that caused chest pains, along with coughing up blood looking like phelem (sp?). Smoking caused it.

If you are indeed coughing up blood, see a doctor immeiately. Chances are it's something that can be rectified.

Second, and forgive me if I sound crass here, but if your an ASH troll, go away.

Let us know how you make out. I'll be interested in it.

schadoe

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2009
No. I've been vaping for four months now and even my stools are turning back to normal. Lungs are fine

You have a lung problem unrelated to vaping. I had a similar situation about two years ago that caused chest pains, along with coughing up blood looking like phelem (sp?). Smoking caused it.

If you are indeed coughing up blood, see a doctor immeiately. Chances are it's something that can be rectified.

Second, and forgive me if I sound crass here, but if your an ASH troll, go away.

Let us know how you make out. I'll be interested in it.

LOL you guys are something. I am vaping , I want to vape, I have been reading and trying to learn from these boards for 3 weeks now. If someone asks a question that may point at a problem with vaping they must be anti vaping. ill tell ya what My name is shane I live in illinois 3 hours south of chicago. Pm for my phone number if ya want to call. Its a 217 area code. I am not using a nick on here that hides who i am. i played everquest for yeasr and my name was schadoe I was a rogue, and that was the only way i could get it to allow something that sounded like shadow. Ill even post a pic so you guys can lighten up and quit thinking im somne fda nark gonna rat you out. I can see that pg and vg may cause paranoia, by the way people react here.

i have said since the beguining posts that i had problems before vaping. I also stated that I called the dr and made an appointment. Just because I say some people are causing problems and potential harm by saying vaping cant do this or cant cause that , and that it probably is not healthy does not mean i am anti vaping. I bought and vaped wintergreen lorans , because someone telling me it was ok on theese forums. People saying something is safe to new people will eventually cause serious problems. That is all I ever meant, The people who are telling others that something is perfectly safe when we have no idea if it is or not, will do more for ash or fda than any amount of ASH trolls. Does anyone here have any information on how pg vg will interact with copd, bronchitus, asthma, enphasema(sp), probaly not, so saying something cant be caused pg or cant be vg is not true. no one is asking if pg vg is the sole cause of any problem. What we are doing is asking what I at least thought would be nice people who might pass on knowledge they have on something so new there is not much information to be found. So pm me for my number I will even get you my address but if you call accusing me of being fda, ash or just anti vaping, dont be suprised if you are invited to a few rounds, well maybe just one round my lungs may be bleeding, so stamina may not be that great anymore.

I smoked analogs the days i coughed up blood (stupid yea) I have tried to quit smoking for 10 years. vaping is the closest I have ever come to quiting. So sorry if i get a little ticked when accused of being ash or anti vaping.

BigJImW I would be interested in what lung problem you had that caused the blood in phlem, and if it was spotted streaked or like mine and pinkish red phlem.

Im so close to giving up on trying to get anymore information here, and just going it alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread