coughing up blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLDS181

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Western NJ
Does anyone here have any information on how pg vg will interact with copd, bronchitus, asthma, enphasema(sp), probaly not, so saying something cant be caused pg or cant be vg is not true.

PG is used in the medical inhalers for the treatments of those very issues.

You need to relax. I answered your question, that no, I never experienced those symptoms, and that no, there is nothing to suggest that they would be the cause. No, I didn't list out the hundreds of reasons why, I recommended you ask your doctor. I don't have your medical history, and I'm certainly not qualified.

However, I have done extensive research (for myself, before I started), and you also are the first person I have seen - anywhere - to suggest that its somehow related. But apparently, not getting the answer you seemed to want to see, you got angry with me.

That generally won't make people think you're here as someone friendly, honest, or actually using a PV. Its how people react to a nasty attitude.

schadoe

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2009
Dr appt is on friday, but have been fine since i started sinus rinse and stopped exhaling vaper out my nose. What people fail to understand and I don't know how, because it is in several posts, is that I have seen several Drs. and have been xrayed , blood tests blah blah. It has always been either the bronchitus, coughing to hard, or my sinuses. That does not mean I am not going to the dr. it means I do not rush out to the emergency room when it happens. I made the appt, and I will go. All i wanted was to ask if anyone else had this happen/ My thought behind asking ...... I have read on here that pg, and vg cause drying out. I cough up pinkish to red tinted phlem in the winter on mornings that my nasal cavities have dried out due to having the heat on during the winter, and bled. That drains down and into my lungs and i wake and cough it up, yes this has been verified with drs. that is why i have been told by several that a little blood is ok. Green orange means infection, pink red means my sinus has drained. I wanted to know if the drying out factor of pg vg could cause the same affects as the heat running in the winter time, and make my nasal cavity bleed. I figured if it could it may have happened to others so i asked. What a mistake that has been. What i got was several attacks from what i can only imagine are people who care nothing for helping others , or answering question, but just want to lash out with what seems to be a mildly ......ed mentality. So for them I spelled out the entire thought process behind my asking the question in the first place. Once again I always planneed on going to the dr, called the day following the holiday when someone was there to make the appt. Made the appt for my first day off. Never wanted medical opinoins from anyone, just wanted to see if drying out was possible to ease my mind untill i could get into the dr, instead of that i got razzed and made fun of until I smoked analogs , WAY TO WELCOME NEW PEOPLE, if you want an exclusive " I vape and have no side affects forum", keep it up you are on your way.

SLDS181

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Western NJ
What i got was several attacks from what i can only imagine are people who care nothing for helping others , or answering question, but just want to lash out with what seems to be a mildly ......ed mentality.

See, this is what I was talking about.

The first posts, myself included, were answering no, and asking you to see a doctor for your own well being, and later some additional answers from personal experience.

But this quote has been your reaction to everyone on this thread. You know, if people didn't care, they wouldn't say "See a doctor", they would say "oh thats nothing, dont worry about it".

I'll just put you back on my ignore list then, if this is how you act. *shrug*.

schadoe

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2009
See, this is what I was talking about.

The first posts, myself included, were answering no, and asking you to see a doctor for your own well being, and later some additional answers from personal experience.

But this quote has been your reaction to everyone on this thread. You know, if people didn't care, they wouldn't say "See a doctor", they would say "oh thats nothing, dont worry about it".

I'll just put you back on my ignore list then, if this is how you act. *shrug*.
that was not directed at you slds181

ladybug

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2009
northern calif.
I had a horrible hacking cough after I quit smoking,it would make my eyes tear up! My hacking cough was so dry,I thought maybe I should go back to cigs! But of course I didn't,now it has been about 5 months or longer since I quit and I do not cough at all.I used to carry a water bottle with me at all times,when I ws a smoker,cuz I knew I would have hackers cough at inappropiate times. Do not worry about that anymore:)

Kimerpuff

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2009
CO, USA
www.OneStopDIYShop.com
Hey Shane!
Im glad your going in to the Doc on Friday :) I have not had your issue with the vaping, and I was told i have the start of Emphysema. With smoking i was coughing up brown gunk in the morning.. the only time i had any blood was pre-vaping..2008 I think, I was sent to the mayo for tests ect.. I never really got much of an answer tho they did detect a good bit of mold. (we have since moved)

As far as the Ash thing BigJim, I have known Shane aka Schadoe and his wife for oh... 6 or 7 years now? He is definatly a good person at heart and not that type.

I think with the current situation due to the FDA and ASH we are all a bit stressed out.

SLDS181

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Western NJ
that was not directed at you slds181

Actually, your comments were directed at me, starting at the very first page.

I'm not here to argue. Just want to point out that your tone is why people reacted to you, and didn't trust you. The people here are remarkably friendly, and nothing but that can be expected.

People also react to blaming PV's without a good reason. To give you an idea (this is a complete exaggeration, I'm just demonstrating a point):

E-CIGS WILL GIVE YOU AIDS!!! I haven't been to a doctor in 30 years, and I started using an e-cig a week ago, so I had to go because we don't know whats in them! And I have AIDS! So e-cigs cause AIDS!!!

Since we do know whats in there, and we actually have alot more information and studies than people believe, including on inhalation and not just the inclusion of PG/VG in foods.... this annoys the ever loving crap out of people.

Your first post came off as "Ahhh crap, I'm coughing up blood. Am I alone here?" After that, you seemed to get irritable and your tone felt like you were desperate to make your PV responsible. I'm not saying that you were trying to, I'm saying thats how your posts came across.

I won't say anything else about it, but thats the reason people react the way they do here, and why they reacted the way they did in this thread, myself included.

Casey C

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2009
Fort Wayne, IN
evolvers.net
the blood could be from your throat, mine is

threw up some tequilla and beer last friday night that had blood in it, I assume dry throat + stomach acid = blood

then on sunday the piggy flu started and I've been hacking up blood spotted loogies all week, I know its the throat cause there's none when i blow my nose.. anyone out there eating right now?

taking a break from pv till this passes

and no, I'm not going to the doctor

schadoe

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2009
Actually, your comments were directed at me, starting at the very first page.

I'm not here to argue. Just want to point out that your tone is why people reacted to you, and didn't trust you. The people here are remarkably friendly, and nothing but that can be expected.

People also react to blaming PV's without a good reason. To give you an idea (this is a complete exaggeration, I'm just demonstrating a point):

Since we do know whats in there, and we actually have alot more information and studies than people believe, including on inhalation and not just the inclusion of PG/VG in foods.... this annoys the ever loving crap out of people.

Your first post came off as "Ahhh crap, I'm coughing up blood. Am I alone here?" After that, you seemed to get irritable and your tone felt like you were desperate to make your PV responsible. I'm not saying that you were trying to, I'm saying thats how your posts came across.

I won't say anything else about it, but thats the reason people react the way they do here, and why they reacted the way they did in this thread, myself included.

Only the part about saying it couldnt be pg vg was directed at you, there is no way to tell what it can or cant do . it will be different for each person. That is all that was meant towards you. Even if it wasnt pg vg it could have been flavorings, those have not been tested that is what i meant. I do get a little irritated easily when trying to quit smoking. I actually sent a pm to you explaining it. All I wanted to know was if anyone else had coughed up blood, so far 3 other people have commented that they have. Not from vaping but in general. The comments i made about being treated pourly were about the guy whos anus fell out from talking out of it. Everything from then on was said with a touch of anger and resentment, and i apoligies for lashing out. i was stressed from trying to quit smoking, and well I coughed up blood 2 times after vaping with days inbetween where i did not vape or cough up blood. I was scared that it was from vaping, and did not want to have to give it up and go back to analogs.

I will let everyone know tomorrow what the dr says, but I would bet that the vaping dried out my sinuses and caused a bleed that drained into my lungs. Does that mean I am blaming vaping and people should quit. NO. I do not blame the heater that keeps me warm in the winter when it happens then. I blame myself for not doing my sinus rinse and keeping the tissue moist. Since i could not go to the dr for 3 days i was looking to see if anyone else had experienced blood from drying out of tissue from pg vg. In no way blaming vaping or pg vg, I was just looking for information.

we do not know what a 90% mix of pg does since nebs use 50% and the smoke machine study was on 10 %, but i will take my chances and continue vaping. I do know that it states that pg causes skin to more easily absorb chemicals, medications, and that is why it is used in nebs. That means that when i was stupidly smoking analogs after vaping, it tasted like chemicals because i was getting more chemicals with each puff of the analog. So I do think it was the pg that caused me to cough up blood, but only because i let it dry out a previous sinus condition, and not that it actually made my lungs bleed. i will not know for sure , untill I see the dr tomorrow.

SLDS181

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Western NJ
I do get a little irritated easily when trying to quit smoking. I actually sent a pm to you explaining it. All I wanted to know was if anyone else had coughed up blood, so far 3 other people have commented that they have. Not from vaping but in general.

No worries - and I had gotten ...... myself and put you on ignore, so I didn't get the PM

Anyways, hope all goes well tomorrow.

Since your sinuses tend to dry out, have you been drinking lots of water (wet tissue method aside) - does it help? Do you have a good air filtration system? A friend of mine gets nosebleeds alot, he prefers a saline mist to anything else, says it works best for him.

azloafer

Aug 22, 2009
SLD

Why not just call a truce and all settle down.

One more thing I just thought of. It may not be the VG or the PG. It could be the flavoring. I tried menthol crystal in mine and my mouth broke out in little red bumps and got real sore.

I tried the menthol drops and had the same problem as you did. Lately I have gone flavor-less because I think that the flavors are made of god knows what!

schadoe

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2009
No worries - and I had gotten ...... myself and put you on ignore, so I didn't get the PM

Anyways, hope all goes well tomorrow.

Since your sinuses tend to dry out, have you been drinking lots of water (wet tissue method aside) - does it help? Do you have a good air filtration system? A friend of mine gets nosebleeds alot, he prefers a saline mist to anything else, says it works best for him.

LOL a saline mist sounds wonderfull, what i have to do is put saline solution in a 12 oz bottle and squirt half up one nostril while breathing the whole time, and then the other half up the other nostril. it feels like im drowning, goes in one side comes out the other and some gets in my throat also . It does work though.

Flip7990

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Minnesota, USA
I have been vaping since the beginning of April. No analogs since then. I felt fine until about 2 weeks ago, and now have problems with sinus drainage while sleeping and a very scratchy throat. This usually goes away after an hour or so.
I don't know if it is from a new liquid or why this just started. I believe that it is either the new liquid I started using, or possibly a liquid I already had that went bad. I ordered new liquid and am going to try using that only. If it works, I'll be throwing away all my current stock of liquid.
Good luck with the Dr.

schadoe

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2009
my Doc had heard of vaping, and after checking me over, said it probably was the vaping that caused the bloody phlem. But from my sinus draining into my lungs over night, and not from it doing anything to my lungs. Well it has done something to my lungs, he said my lungs sound better than they ever have. I have copd and can't exhale very well. LOL he was listening to my lungs and started to move the thing to another place, and I was like hey Im not done exhaling yet. He laughed and said that was new.
the pg/vg has dried my sinus tissue , but he said anything that keeps me from smoking more is good at this point. I think now that I know it was drying me out, I can fix it with rinses and drinking a little more water. I have not had any blood since I starting taking care to keep sinuses frokm drying out. I only smoked 10 analogs yesterday and vaped all day. I have smoked zero analogs today, with vaping don't even crave one. Im going to go in in 3 months or so of not smoking, and only vaping, and ask to be put back in the lung booth and see if my lung function improves. I was at 60 % the last time, and I cheated and drank pop with caffein first.

steves9090

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
dude this is a forum not a dr's office while folks here give great advice about ecigs and vaping even if there was a doc online he/she couldn't diagnose you. go to a dr and get yourself checked out. not to freak you out but it could be nothing or a bloodclot that passed or something even more ominous that is better left unsaid. truly i wish you the best of luck, but go to the dr

beckah54

Dog Lover!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
Ohio
my Doc had heard of vaping, and after checking me over, said it probably was the vaping that caused the bloody phlem. But from my sinus draining into my lungs over night, and not from it doing anything to my lungs. Well it has done something to my lungs, he said my lungs sound better than they ever have. I have copd and can't exhale very well. LOL he was listening to my lungs and started to move the thing to another place, and I was like hey Im not done exhaling yet. He laughed and said that was new.
the pg/vg has dried my sinus tissue , but he said anything that keeps me from smoking more is good at this point. I think now that I know it was drying me out, I can fix it with rinses and drinking a little more water. I have not had any blood since I starting taking care to keep sinuses frokm drying out. I only smoked 10 analogs yesterday and vaped all day. I have smoked zero analogs today, with vaping don't even crave one. Im going to go in in 3 months or so of not smoking, and only vaping, and ask to be put back in the lung booth and see if my lung function improves. I was at 60 % the last time, and I cheated and drank pop with caffein first.
Shadoe,

That's really great news about the lung improvement. I hope I get a good report like you did. Must make you feel pretty good, huh?:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread