could anyone help on the electrical circuit of the E cigarette control?

Status
Not open for further replies.

robert12345678

May 20, 2015
I am an Electrical Engineer and recently throw into the research of E cigarette, since i am not quite decent in this area now. and i only know some basic of the cigarette: the control board gets a 3.8V to 5.8V voltage out from the battery and this voltage will be used to burn the e liquids.

is there someone here have more knowledge on this? i will be very happy that if you could provide me some information about the circuit design.

thank you so much for reading this

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    The voltages can be anywhere from below 3.0V up to 8.4V. Take a look at the Evolv and YiHi web sites. These (and their clones) are commonly used regulator boards for vaping. The basic specs for the boards, and their manuals, will give you a good idea of what voltages/currents some regulated setups. Some devices don't regulate the voltage at all though.

Basically, the electronics are simple buck or buck-boost DC-DC converters under MCU control. This control enables the converters to do some rather sophisticated things, depending on which board you're looking at.

There's not a lot of information available on the design specifics of these boards. The hardware is pretty basic, it's the firmware that really makes them stand out. Hopefully others will post some great links for more information.

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 23, 2014
    Maryland
    I am an Electrical Engineer and recently throw into the research of E cigarette, since i am not quite decent in this area now. and i only know some basic of the cigarette: the control board gets a 3.8V to 5.8V voltage out from the battery and this voltage will be used to burn the e liquids.

is there someone here have more knowledge on this? i will be very happy that if you could provide me some information about the circuit design.

thank you so much for reading this
    Battery puts out 4.2 volt at full charge, less with load. The current, controled with a switch, heats up a resistance wire. The reistance wire vaporizes the juice in the cotton wick. Regulated mods use a chip to buck/boost the voltage from the battery. Unregulated boxes often use a MOSFET to prevent high current from damaging the switch. Straight mechs have neither, but don't use any wired connections, so the switch is safe. Thats it. Pretty basic.

Reactions: Mooch
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread