Could someone please review my ecig setup

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Hancawk, Oct 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Hancawk

Hancawk Full Member

I am about to purchase an all new ecig setup. i was hoping someone could review it real quick for me and tell me if it looks good. here is what my cart looks like. im ordering from myvaporstore.com. i also am going to buy a dry burner soon.

1. The Joye eGo-C Twist Variable Voltage 1000mAh Battery

2. 3 kanger evod ego clearomizers

3. 10 replacement atomizer heads at 1.8ohms

Screenshot (4).jpg

2. SimianSteam

SimianSteam Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Pretty much the same setup I use as a backup. Solid kit, but might want to throw in another charger in case you misplace it. Also, only one battery? Get at least two to rotate.

3. AhhCheew

AhhCheew Full Member Verified Member

Can't go wrong with the c-twists. If you want a suggestion I would recommend a vision spinner rather than the ctwists because the spinner is 1300 mahs (so longer battery life) though it is a bit thicker.

4. Hancawk

Hancawk Full Member

Okay thank you ill think about another battery. Also do you dry burn your atomizers or just replace them when they are done? do you recommend me getting a dry burner?

5. Nytelife

Nytelife Full Member Verified Member

Good solid start. Just a recommendation but I would start with lower voltages on the twist and adjust to taste. Start at 3.1 and try it. If you don't like then just move it up a little and try again

I am iffy on the tank. Some do not have a good experience with them. Try a mini vivi nova top coil or just a ce5 to get used to it. Bottom coils have some requirements to get good performance , things you need to adjust to just starting out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

6. Katya

Katya ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
  7. SimianSteam

Usually I toss them. I've played around with soaking them overnight in Vodka and dry burning but the results are never as good as a fresh coil.

8. Talyon

Talyon Vape 4 Life Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Also include the wall plug for the charger, everything else looks great.

I second a backup battery.

9. jwag1973

jwag1973 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I agree with SimianSteam! Good set up, but a back up battery & charger is a must. Take the advice so you don't learn the hard way. The battery should perform most of day without worry. Obviously VV is a nice step up from fixed and is easy to get acclimated with. The EVOD is a great clearo!(I own four) The only drawback is the limited liquid capacity, but you have extra's do no worries!

10. WillyZee

WillyZee Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

welcome to ECF Hancawk ... you are good to go ^^^ advice posted above is solid.

11. Susan W.

Susan W. Provarinati in fideliam ☆ Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    +1 for the MVS kit. Those heads can be rebuilt, dry burning helps but it's not the same as a new one.

12. Subdivisions

Subdivisions Super Member ECF Veteran

+10 on the extra battery. I started with basically the same thing except I got the vision 1300 mAH batteries. They'll last all day (and part of the night) with moderate vaping. You need an extra because it takes 3 or 4 hours to recharge and you won't be vaping during that time with 1 battery. The EVOD tanks are decent. Don't use cinnamon or citrus flavors though. They are polycarbonate and will crack or melt. Dry burning doesn't require anything but some knowledge, tweezers and pliers. Look around on here or youtube for instructions. It's pretty easy

13. Hancawk

Hancawk Full Member

I appreciate all the feedback thank you so much guys. i will take everything into consideration :)

14. Nikkita6

Nikkita6 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

This is an excellent starting point ... you should be happy with the set up. The real work will come with finding the right juice flavor, and blend for you ... good luck.

15. nova_did_it

nova_did_it Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Like the setup! definitely 2nd battery is a must! I love EVOD tanks but if you want to not worry about tank cracker juices you could also consider an Aro Pyrex Bottom Coil Tank: ARO Pyrex Bottom Coil Tank

They are just about the same cost as the EVOD tanks but made with glass. However, I don't believe the atomizers are cross compatible with Evod atomizers. But considering I'm thinking of you being cost consciousness I think the Pyrex will be a nice fit.

16. Sthur

Sthur Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Good start, I would add.
    Joye Mini AC Wall to USB
    Add second battery, then you can do 2 flavors. Also can charge one and use one at night.

Welcome to ECF and good luck with everything. We're behind you.

17. Hancawk

Hancawk Full Member

i emailed the website and they said the charger would work with my iphone wall charger so im all set there. i ordered one vision spinner vv 1300mah battery and a 510 to ego adapter for my 510 900mah battery so ill rotate with those :) this forum has been extremely helpful

18. WarHawk-AVG

WarHawk-AVG Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Awesome "intro" starting point!

1.8Ω - 2.2Ω is the target resistance of coils on unregulated batteries, so with a twist you could go more 2.0Ω-2.8Ω and still get a good vape...trick is to NOT overdrive the boost/buck circuitry that kicks the volts up on the twist (have heard stories of people burning out those small IC's)

Excellent starting point! There are much larger more powerful "workhorse" rigs out...but this is the most tunable and adjustable rig for "beginners" for the most part! Head on over to the library and learn a bit more on the "new" stuff that is out there that makes those twists for the most part almost obsolete

The ECF Library

This chart can help, gives you a mathematical calculation to look at..ultimately your tastebuds and how you vape will determine the sweet spot!

[​IMG]

Welcome and Vape On!!!

19. SimianSteam

Only issue with going for higher res on an eGo Twist is that you'll lessen your battery life.

(This is the point where new vapers start getting confused. LoL)

20. LeftHandBlack

LeftHandBlack Super Member ECF Veteran

Not too shabby! I prefer Kanger batteries over the Joyetech EGO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.