Counterfeit/Low Grade LG HG2 Test Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Could you possibly share the formula behind those calculations? I have forgotten all I knew about Ohm's law.
Explain it to the Dumb Noob: Ohm's Law Calculations
  • As simple as it is to use, some people have a tough time grasping the concept. Warning: Includes graphic photos of mod explosions.
I heard somewhere that a mech mod should not really be used with a high resistance coil such as 1.2 ohm. Is that the cause of my problem, or is it the fake battery causing over-heating?
I was using 3.0 ohm cartomizers in my cartotanks about 5 years ago on my first mechanical mod. That was the norm back in the day.

Today, the mindset is if you are using a mechanical mod, you'll be using sub-ohm coils. That mindset is wrong by the way. If you can get a satisfying vape with a 1.2 ohm coil on a mech, then enjoy it.

Last edited:

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Just all be careful marking those insulators, a graphite pencil is not particularly safe for checking texture if it happens to mark a line between +/-. That's how we used to disable the spark plug on a mates motorbike by grounding the sparkplug against the engine with a pencil line!!!!
Hahaha... but that is what, 50,000 volts? And the current is so low, it won't kill ya if you grab it. That high of voltage will take any possible path it could find, even graphite. I guess we should get out our multimeters and see how low of a resistance we can get a pencil to go. :)

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    I'll post pictures after I get them. I don't have a way or know how on checking them though.

From pictures we might be able to see if they're really bad fakes. If they're good fakes then it's hard to tell by pictures alone. Testing is the best way to tell.

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 26, 2016
    Shanghai
    From pictures we might be able to see if they're really bad fakes. If they're good fakes then it's hard to tell by pictures alone. Testing is the best way to tell.

maybe I'll try and do a battery test using escribe on the dna133? would that work as a stress test for batteries.

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 26, 2016
    Shanghai
    I am going through 5 Ml's of juice vaping at 12 watts before my LG HG2 completely drains out. Is that considered normal? The mod I am using is Eleaf's Pico; coil is 1.2 ohms. Sorry if I have asked this question before ...

I don't think thats normal at all. With the pico I can go through at least 2 tanks of the goblin mini (probably around 5mls as well) sub ohm build at 35 watts.

Reactions: GranFumador

Exchaner

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 29, 2013
    California
    I don't think thats normal at all. With the pico I can go through at least 2 tanks of the goblin mini (probably around 5mls as well) sub ohm build at 35 watts.

Thanks for that; now I definitely know mine is not an authentic - even though it came from a reputable seller. VapeNW has since sent a replacement, but it is no different from the first.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Mooch, did you open up any for the batteries to see if a small lipo was packed in there?
    I also have to wonder that the chemistry is...

No, I haven't opened any up.
    The capacity is good, typical for a 2800-3000mAh cell or a crappy 3200-3400mAh one. Voltage seems to point to a 10A battery. The appearance is identical to a couple of 10A LG cells but the curves are wrong. I'm still waiting for a set of MG1's to arrive to compare them to.

Testing of HG2's from 101Vape, Liion Wholesale, and Origin Vape all went well. Ecig-city and Wake and Vape still to be tested.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 16, 2015
    elsewhere
    No, I haven't opened any up.
    The capacity is good, typical for a 2800-3000mAh cell or a crappy 3200-3400mAh one. Voltage seems to point to a 10A battery. The appearance is identical to a couple of 10A LG cells but the curves are wrong. I'm still waiting for a set of MG1's to arrive to compare them to.

Testing of HG2's from 101Vape, Liion Wholesale, and Origin Vape all went well. Ecig-city and Wake and Vape still to be tested.
    Thanks.
    With that capacity then the case is full of battery guts.

KayP

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 21, 2015
    Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
    Sorry for the late update from my end, but I was little hesitant in posting this as FT does not seem to be a popular vendor in this thread.

Regardless, I have contacted FT and provided them with information about these counterfeit batteries. They responded to me with assurance the LG HG2 batteries will be authentic, and they only source them from the authentic manufacturer.

I will continue with my order for LG HG2 batteries with FT and give you guys an authenticity update when I receive them. Keep in mind this is FT so it may be another 2 weeks (if I'm lucky).

In addition, I have used FT back in February to source my previous batch of batteries. These included LG HG2, Samsung 30Q and Samsung 25R. I believe they are authentic and they most certainly perform well.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Nevweezy

Verified Member
    May 3, 2016
    I just received my LG hg2 from imr battery. They are the ones who had the bad lg. These ones pass the visual test. They have matte insulator and white label. I don't have a way to test them but I will be vaping them at 60w so if they sag or die quick that'll be a bad sign. I think there authentic though because imr knows they has fakes and wouldn't sell anymore from the same batch. Fingers crossed. Wish I would have found this thread earlier so I wouldn't have ordered them. I'll let you guys know if they turn out to be fake or real..

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 8, 2014
    Nebraska
    Thanks for that; now I definitely know mine is not an authentic - even though it came from a reputable seller. VapeNW has since sent a replacement, but it is no different from the first.

Dang! I was ready to order a mod from them that comes with a pair of LGH2's and ran across this thread. May have to reconsider.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread