Craft Vapery: Curated and Personalized E-Liquid Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jmill157

Sep 30, 2014
Just got my box in the mail today. Seems like every month I receive mine really fast compared to people on here. It was charged Sunday morning and i got it in the mail four days later. I'm in Ohio so they're sending it from west coast to east coast so kind of curious to see where some of you are located where it takes a long time.

I just upped my subscription to 5 bottles this month and am really excited to taste these! I received :

Loopy by Sweet Tooth
Trey Trey by Vapor Las Vegas
'Apala by Fogium
Pink Lemonade by Midas vape
C.R.E.A.M. By Blueprint Vapor

I'm sure I'll be back to post my opinions and to see what everyone else got :)

willzy

Verified Member
Aug 16, 2014
Roanoke VA
Good job on the getting an apartment! Freedom! (Pretend that I posted a pic of Mel Gibson in Braveheart here)

I quit my subscription today, my decision was more about my taste in e-juice rather than a money based one though. I just expected too much I guess, regardless of me being a really fussy bugger.

I have enjoyed receiving (randomish) bottles each month and seeing what everyone thinks of what they received.

Out of the 22 juices I received, these are the stand out ones that I would happily vape again:

1) vaping Birdy - Emperor Penguin (Condensed milk + Honeydew)
2) Vapor Las Vegas - Trey Trey (White Chocolate + Vanilla + Raspberry)
3) The Standard - Cell Block 4 (Creme Brulee Cake + Citrus notes)
4) Boosted - Boosted (Strawberries + Heavy Cream)
5) DNA - London Bridges ( Creme Brulee + Earl Grey Tea)
6) Craft Vapery - Erm, cant remember the name, but it is the Mango sticky rice one (Mango + Coconut)

I hope you all continue to get juices that you love and that I get insanely jealous at seeing what you got!

I just quit after a three month 6 bottle/month subscription. I was disappointed that I never rec'd any 30ml bottles or testers - for the price I would rather just order the juice that I want instead of having hit or miss picks for nearly the retail price of the bottles. I got some good picks and the customer service was second to none, I just don't think it is worth the money. The shop is great if you are looking for a one stop shop for premium fluid, but I can't justify $50+/month for it. I may resubscribe again in the future when I get bored with my "go-to" vapes, but it will only be for 2-3 bottles/month so I have access to the member's pricing at the shop.

DoubleEwe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
Hiding up a tree
I just quit after a three month 6 bottle/month subscription. I was disappointed that I never rec'd any 30ml bottles or testers - for the price I would rather just order the juice that I want instead of having hit or miss picks for nearly the retail price of the bottles. I got some good picks and the customer service was second to none, I just don't think it is worth the money. The shop is great if you are looking for a one stop shop for premium fluid, but I can't justify $50+/month for it. I may resubscribe again in the future when I get bored with my "go-to" vapes, but it will only be for 2-3 bottles/month so I have access to the member's pricing at the shop.

Yeah, it does say "at least x 15ml bottles each month", so I too was expecting them to be a bit more liberal with the 30ml bottles, rather than just getting the minimum each month.
I only got one 30ml bottle out of the 18 bottles I received, which is disappointing.

The hit or miss thing I agree with too, if it was cheaper then I would be less annoyed at getting so many misses, but with the price being what it is I would have expected a lot more hits, especially when they are flavours that I like on paper. Which did lead me to think about how discerning CV are on their vendor selection process, whether they just let them in because they are hyped/come in glass bottles/are expensive or whether it is because they do actually produce a fantastic quality juice.
I do understand that with restaurant food, presentation is part of the experience, but dog food served on a silver platter is still going to taste like dog food.

I would resubscribe too, if I could select the juices myself, have more bottles each month (at a decent price) or instead have some kind of satisfaction guarantee whereby if I get more than 2 (out of 6) juices that I dislike then they send replacements. (I know the latter part would never happen in the real world)

I am a sensitive taster, so it just did not work for me, but I do think the service is great for those with less sensitive tastes. The customer service was indeed pretty good, always got a reply to questions about shipping etc within a good time frame.
I would still recommend the service to people wanting to try out different premium juices.

faitaccompli

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2014
Fredericksburg, VA
Got my shipping notice this morning. So i shall have new juices just in time!

Sorry things didn't work out for you two. However, with regards to the price... This is not totally in the control of CV. Companies set certain prices for their liquid and CV is obligated to charge that amount. They skirt it a bit when sending 30ml in the box if the company doesn't produce 15ml bottles, and my guess is (based on previous posts of CV emails) that they basically eat that added cost. You're also paying for service, which we all agree is second to none.

DoubleEwe, a number of people have had bottles they didn't like at all... They contacted CV, and they replaced them. In my experience, the folks at CV truly care about their customers and their happiness with the product.

It is true that this service is pricey. But CV is the last thing i will cancel when tight on money. Which, i am, at the moment. But CV has been great to me and their great customer service has captured my loyalty. Hopefully you two get back on board soon. It isn't for everyone, but i feel that with patience and working with the curators, even those of us with a pickier pallet can get a lot out of the service.

DoubleEwe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
Hiding up a tree
Some of us didn't even contact CV to have out bottles replaced. I can think of at least one occasion that I've posted here about a flavor I flat out didn't like and within a few hours I was called by CV with some replacement options. Best CS I've ever seen.

I too had seen that happen multiple times on this thread, but despite them obviously reading the posts (and being able to match usernames to subscribers) it did not happen for me, maybe the postage cost to the UK makes them less likely to reach out to UK customers when something is amiss. IDK. Maybe it would have been different if I had emailed them directly about receiving juice I did not like, but maybe not.
Despite being explicit with likes/dislikes I still got juices that were on the dislike list. I know no system is flawless, but still, it did not sit well with me.

The pricing thing, yeah, I understand about the prices in the SHOP being dictated by the MRRP, but the subscription price is different and not so strictly controlled (as evidenced by some of the brands being present in other lower priced subscription services - even some of the 30ml suppliers). I have worked in procurement, so I am aware of the difference between retail & wholesale prices.

I know I am coming across as negative, but I am just being honest as to my experience and the way that I view things. I did come in to this with high expectations (and excitement), I did find some juices that I have loved, but not enough to make it worthwhile for me to continue (as obviously I cant have those 6 every month).

As I said before, I would still recommend the CV service to others who were looking for a subscription service to sign up for.

I do hope that everyone continues to get juices that they love and that they find their vaping nirvana.

John Blaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2013
Dubuque, Iowa, USA
I received my box today and it is a winner all around for me. Loving what I got! I requested the Strawberry Blonde. I was also extremely surprised when I saw what flavor I got for my tester this month. I am a lover of sweet potato! Can't wait to try all of these.

CRFT - Strawberry Blonde - Strawberry and Vanilla Custard

The Collection - Duffy - Vanilla Cappuccino

Jackson Vapor - Forbidden Fruit - Apple and Lime

Craft Vapery - Honey Pie - Southern Sweet Potato Pie!

Last edited:

Sin City Diva

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2014
Henderson, NV
I received my box today. I got:
Vanilla Cupcake by Midas
C.R.E.A.M. by Blueprint Vapor

I changed my flavor profile to only deserts & custards, and dropped my box down to two. I still have not touched the six bottles I got last month. I also changed my flavor profile because it was to wide open. I really only like sweets, but I thought I would like variety....I found out really....I don't:facepalm:

Jmill157

Sep 30, 2014
Let me know what you think of CREAM. Based on description I was thinking it would be my favorite, but I'm not sure I like it. Letting it sit for a while so it'll probably be the last one I get to and hopefully I will warm up to it. The one I figured I wouldn't like "'Apala" is my favorite , so far. Although there is no indication of nicotine and when I use it in my RDA it hits too hard for me to believe it's 6mg. But I've been using it in an aerotank and it is a great flavor

faitaccompli

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2014
Fredericksburg, VA
Got my box today. I have actually tried several of these before, some from my coworker's boxes.

1) Herbal Dose - rose candy... Supposed to be a floral rose candy, i think cat momma had a loved this one.

2) Cyber Liquids - apple jaks. Apple jacks cereal

3) True North - Sounding Seas. Cucumber citrus. This one interests me, as i have not liked a single cucumber type vape that i have had, yet... But that is a very few. So i am interested to see how i like this one.

4) Beard Co - 5. Strawberry cheesecake.

Tester) Good day Sunshine. I just had this one in my last box.

I have already tried apple jaks, beard 5, and CV GDS. But i will give them a fair go and full test out.

Edit: also my box itself was different this time. Including foam inside, and blue exterior. Seemed a nice high-end kind of touch. Interestingly my note from Zara welcomed me to CV... Lol. ;)

faitaccompli

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2014
Fredericksburg, VA
Man... I think I am striking out this time. Thus far GDS is the best of the box. Beard 5 is next, and it is kind of ok. The strawberry jam flavor is off a bit, and the cheesecake has a very odd aftertaste. The Apple Jaks just isn't very good. It does not taste like apple jacks, more like apple on chemical substance. I don't mean to sound harsh... it isn't unvapeable, but it just doesn't taste right. Maybe a week of steeping will help. I don't think when I tried it the first time that it was this chemical tasting. Sounding Seas... another cucumber vape bites the dust. Really not for me. The cucumber is realistic-ish, but it just isn't my cup of tea. Herbal Dose Rose Candy, to me this is like vaping perfume. Once the cotton is drying up I do get a hint of the candy and that part is pleasant, but mostly I get perfume... and a headache. Strong perfumes do that to me.

I will, of course, do a fresh cotton drip of each (changing cotton between each flavor) to give my final thoughts. But I think I struck out this time. First time for everything, I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread