crappy Stardust

Status
Not open for further replies.

KForrester86

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2012
Columbia, PA
alright, so I got two graduated CE4s from vapedudes. These have the long wicks, my two other ones have the short wicks. I was gonna give my tank cartos a break and mess with a different eliquid I have in one of my stardusts. The draw on both of my Stars from VapeDudes are extremely tight. I don't know how I feel about drilling holes into the damn thing, and I tried pulling on the post a little with no luck.

If you don't like a extremely tight draw avoid the Stardusts from VapeDudes... not bashing the vendor just giving a heads up. These aren't even able to be used, I run out of breath trying to draw on the thing before I get a decent vape. and the TH is non existent.

I can drip, or run my mini sub tank with no issues. Good flavor, vapor, and TH.

I might try drilling one and see how it works.. any other ideas?

The Hill Giant

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2012
Providence
Don't screw the drip tip in too tight. It pushes the silicone cap down too far. I had some issues with that with mine. Tighten them just enough so they're sealed firmly.

Also, see if the draw is still too tight when it's not screwed into your PV. If the draw is better, don't screw them in as tight onto your PV.

The Hill Giant

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2012
Providence
After trying different models from different vendors - I gave up on them completely. The CE3's I use daily work like they're supposed to and require no tinkering or modifications. I just want to vape - I have no desire to become a vaping engineer...

I couldn't agree more. If it requires more tinkering than trimming the wicks back, I'm not interested. There's a reason I don't use stardusts anymore :)

lotsoffish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Buffalo, New York
I might try drilling one and see how it works.. any other ideas?

I don't have any other idea's BUT I too bought 6 of these and was VERY annoyed by the extremely tight draw on them after screwing them on to a Kgo battery. The draw was just fine until I screwed them on to my Kgo's.

I did the research and read about drilling them and figured one day I might get around to that nonsense and tossed them in a drawer and forgot about them.

Over the weekend I was at Home Depot and actually remembered I outta pick up a 1/16th drill bit. I put one in my vice and used one of those rubber pieces that come with Boge Cartomizers as a "jig" and drilled one out making 2 air holes through the base.

Wow! What a difference.

I ended up doing all 6 of them and am happy to report I REALLY like these things.

While I am 100% against having to mod an item like this AFTER paying 5 bucks a piece for them I am happy to report that I am getting a real good flavorful vape out of all 6 of the ones I had already spent my money on. If I was you I would take the time to drill yours out because I feel the end result is worth the effort.

Would I buy these again? Yes I think I would, but I would also purchase a 510 to 510 adapter at the same time because I believe that would also solve the draw issue without having to mod these things after buying them.

Last edited:

lotsoffish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Buffalo, New York
I couldn't agree more. If it requires more tinkering than trimming the wicks back, I'm not interested. There's a reason I don't use stardusts anymore :)

I agree with you and what annoyed me is I bought them from a vendor who also sells a lot of Kgo's. They outta at least mention these things will NOT draw if put on a Kgo battery. All they are doing is annoying folks by not mentioning this WELL KNOWN issue with these things. :nah:

This smiley fits this issue perfectly. :nah:

KForrester86

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2012
Columbia, PA
well, I just got done messing with my two long wicks. pulled out the silicon cap, and re-seated it with the help of the tip. I didn't screw the tip on extremely tight and once It got snug on the kGo, I stopped threading it. still a poor draw on both my kgo batteries. :mad:

they perform the same on my ego twist battery. they might as well be dead that's how poorly they perform.

I liked the stardusts for the first few days, but then they started to show their true colors.. now I know why people have such a bad taste in their mouth for stardusts. I don't have the tools to drill into them on hand, so I think Ill just cut my losses on the Stardusts.

I'm just gonna pick up a pack of CE3s from somewhere that I keep hearing good things about, spending $5 on a whim repeatedly blows.. not knowing If your gonna get a good/bad piece of equipment. Who else carries the CE3s besides DV. I only use my bank card, and DV doesn't accept bank cards at this time.

Thanks

Last edited:

cocoabellaRSD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2012
Texas
After trying different models from different vendors - I gave up on them completely. The CE3's I use daily work like they're supposed to and require no tinkering or modifications. I just want to vape - I have no desire to become a vaping engineer...

NGIB -I agree 100% . And I too love the CE3's!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread