Crazy clouds with Bakero wire

Status
Not open for further replies.

USNRET

Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Back in the days of vacuum tubes and early transistors there were times when we would have make own wire wound resistors not much to them (an insulator wrapped with non insulated resistance wire) if we needed it to be varible we would build a slide and pick off to slid across the resistor if you looked at some of the manufactored wire wound resistors they used flat wire so the slide would move smoother!

With all that said there is a vast amount of resistance (Kanthal) wire to be found in vintage electronics, ham radio equipment, toasters and what ever that can be manipulated for this vapeing coils.

As I am only 20 days into vapeing, I am only speculating on this.

Scoop224

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
Cincinnati
Back in the days of vacuum tubes and early transistors there were times when we would have make own wire wound resistors not much to them (an insulator wrapped with non insulated resistance wire) if we needed it to be varible we would build a slide and pick off to slid across the resistor if you looked at some of the manufactored wire wound resistors they used flat wire so the slide would move smoother!

With all that said there is a vast amount of resistance (Kanthal) wire to be found in vintage electronics, ham radio equipment, toasters and what ever that can be manipulated for this vapeing coils.

As I am only 20 days into vapeing, I am only speculating on this.

That's good thinkin' But now way am I ripping into any of my vintage speakers or tube amps to scavenge wire.....no way!!

mikepointfive

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hi guys...Sorry if the name I gave the flat wire is a bit weird...By the way, I'm Ziggyvape in youtube...I'm from Manila, Philippines.
Most videos you see there are built with 2mm wicks(usually 3 strands/folds) and used with the wire I called Bakero...Reason for that was like this...

I was given some flat wire samples of different sizes...I tried and used them all, and finally came to the last one...I literally CURSED on the spot after blowing the first vapor prod from my Nimbus atomizer...Hence, I called it Bakero...It's a term in Japanese...Peace and love to Japan ^_^

At first I thought I just hit a one-time-insane-build, but after trying it on different atomizers I came to realize this wire had something to offer to the vaping community...Every build was as crazy as the previous one, and this was done with single and dual coil builds...

I had no intentions of selling the wire, but the vaping public in the Philippines got curious as to what I was using...Eventually, I started marketing it...And the rest was history :toast:

AMAZING!! Thank you Ziggy2fast / Ziggyvape for telling us more about the BAKERO WIRE as well as its origin =] I just think that it is so cool that the maker and father of the BAKERO WIRE came and posted in a thread that I started!! I live in southern california and really would like to get my hands on some of your product.. maybe even help other people get some BAKERO WIRE too... Is there anywhere in California that I can go to get the genuine BAKERO WIRE?

schmicknick

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
Midwest USA
...these look like great notes on good thoughts... ziggy's fb page indicates batch 3 is available actually today (thurs)... but I don't see much about actually ordering stuff....

...it makes me wonder about simply hammering and tweaking wire I have on-hand....

I'll look forward to any further notes... this makes some wonderful sense, if you ask me...

Cheers, ~M

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
I might have missed this but is OP using silica or SS wick?
I wonder if it matters... on Ziggy's Nimbus vid he says he is using silica but is going to try SS wick...

Do people even use silica with SLR coils? (super low resistance)

3rd question; what is the resistance on the atomizer in the vid?

Tems

Jan 14, 2013
Phils
It is some kind of ribbon or flat wire. I cant say exactly really because I am fairly new to this. To some of the questions in this thread I'll try my
Best to answer some of them. Until
Ziggy comes back from vacation.

Juice consumption? I would say you get
Better mileage out of your juice compared to 32 kanthal. That's the only
Thing I tried aside from this.

The builds? This guy usually goes 1 to 1.2 ohms in single coil builds. And drops a little under 1 for the dual coils. He usually uses 2mm wick and has some
Pretty cool looping techniques.

SS mesh. I believe he has not really gotten into experimenting with Mesh
Yet. His latest video has his friend in the back with an AGAT if I'm not mistaken. But the last time I saw him he was using silica wick.

Sorry if I could not answer all your questions. My knowledge is limited. Ill tell him to check this forum and answer your questions. By the way it should be hitting US shores as he has a cousin in LA. It has actually reached Canada already.

e9y8umu7.jpg

This is it. It's not bogus. As I said there have been other ribbon or flat wires here as well. But this is "Bakero!"

On a side note for people speculating about his juice it is not pure VG.

This is my nimbus with dual coil build. Bakero wire.

u9ejyne6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread