• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Cross Contamination

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonVapor

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2010
San Antonio, TX
So.... I've heard people ask over and over... What Happens if a Zombie bites a Vampire? Or what if a Vampire bites a Zombie?

Here is my take on it:

If a Zombie bites a Vampire. No effect. In almost all vampire lore Vampires have no heart beat this means that the virus would not be able to travel through there system. In the cases that vampires DO have a heart beat the virus would be able to infect the blood but vampire seen to metabolizes blood the way we do food so as soon as all the infected blood was burnt up there would be no effect... Thus it a beating heart vampire a zombie bit would be the equivalent of food poisoning.

I'll need to do a little more reseach on the Vampire biting a zombie issue but I ought to have an answer for you all by next week. It will be in a 2nd thread "Cross Contamination part 2"

please use this thread to discuss any eventualities of a Zombie biting a vampire that have not occurred to me

Last edited:

Mac

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
All up in your grill..
Here's a thought. In some of the lore, turning into a vampire isn't an instant dead then wake up as a vamp scenario. I have seen it described more as an illness where the symptoms come on slowly. So in the latter case if someone was slowly turning and then bitten by a zombie, it would seem some sort of hybrid, might be possible.

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
Does it depend on whether they are sparkly vampires? Cause i think that version of vampire may already be a little zombified...

DV, you're making the assumption that the virus only travels through the blood stream- a reasonable assumption considering how the immune system works..but it's marginally possible that the zombie virus could infect vampire cells directly.

DragonVapor

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2010
San Antonio, TX
Does it depend on whether they are sparkly vampires? Cause i think that version of vampire may already be a little zombified...

DV, you're making the assumption that the virus only travels through the blood stream- a reasonable assumption considering how the immune system works..but it's marginally possible that the zombie virus could infect vampire cells directly.

Wouldn't a virus that infects cells destroy the infected cell during replication? And if that was the case wouldn't it mean that the virus spread in time with the cellular destruction? Meaning that if the virus infected cells outside of the circulatory system instead of zombies you would have piles of mush?

ScottinSoCal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
ProVari Nirvana
Wouldn't a virus that infects cells destroy the infected cell during replication? And if that was the case wouldn't it mean that the virus spread in time with the cellular destruction? Meaning that if the virus infected cells outside of the circulatory system instead of zombies you would have piles of mush?

Zombiefication would stop cell replication - clearly, since they're decaying, not repairing. Vampirification would also seem to stop cell replication, since the aging process stops. I guess you could argue that cell replication gets much more efficient and stops creating transcription errors - but at that point the zombiefication would be moot, since the virus wouldn't be in the perfect replacement cell.

So either it would stay a vampire, with maybe a minor infection that cleared up, or it wouldn't spread at all.

sachavaca

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2011
west coast
So.... I've heard people ask over and over... What Happens if a Zombie bites a Vampire? Or what if a Vampire bites a Zombie?

Here is my take on it:

If a Zombie bites a Vampire. No effect. In almost all vampire lore Vampires have no heart beat this means that the virus would not be able to travel through there system. In the cases that vampires DO have a heart beat the virus would be able to infect the blood but vampire seen to metabolizes blood the way we do food so as soon as all the infected blood was burnt up there would be no effect... Thus it a beating heart vampire a zombie bit would be the equivalent of food poisoning.

I'll need to do a little more reseach on the Vampire biting a zombie issue but I ought to have an answer for you all by next week. It will be in a 2nd thread "Cross Contamination part 2"

please use this thread to discuss any eventualities of a Zombie biting a vampire that have not occurred to me

is this realy a topic?. this is all make beleive, in the end like kids playing with barbies. You can make up your own ending. wheeee!.

DragonVapor

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2010
San Antonio, TX
Zombiefication would stop cell replication - clearly, since they're decaying, not repairing. Vampirification would also seem to stop cell replication, since the aging process stops. I guess you could argue that cell replication gets much more efficient and stops creating transcription errors - but at that point the zombiefication would be moot, since the virus wouldn't be in the perfect replacement cell.

So either it would stay a vampire, with maybe a minor infection that cleared up, or it wouldn't spread at all.

Good point!!!

ScottinSoCal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
ProVari Nirvana
this is all make beleive, in the end like kids playing with barbies.

You won't think that when zombies are breaking in through the windows of your house, and a vampire has taken over your basement. I've had to move twice because of that - the exterminators refuse to deal with it, and there's nothing left to do but move. And it kills your resale value.

DragonVapor

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2010
San Antonio, TX
is this realy a topic?. this is all make beleive, in the end like kids playing with barbies. You can make up your own ending. wheeee!.

It's called a thought experiment... you start with a hypothetical situation then you follow it with a logical progression by adding known or understood variable... since no one person knows all the variables because of the unknowns that comprise the original hypothetical situation the idea grows and develops with each new piece of input....

It kind of like when people try to reason out things in the Bible... but without all the close mindedness that comes with committing to the idea that the hypothetical situation is real and true.

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
so, a really good virus can take over a cell and replicate without destroying the cell or halting cell replication. Vampire cells regenerate rather than replicate, so if the zombie virus takes over the regeneration machinery we could all be in trouble.

(zombie barbies...that's a potential topic all on it's own :lol: )

DragonVapor

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2010
San Antonio, TX
You won't think that when zombies are breaking in through the windows of your house, and a vampire has taken over your basement. I've had to move twice because of that - the exterminators refuse to deal with it, and there's nothing left to do but move. And it kills your resale value.

Yeah... Sucks... Van Helsing refuses to take care of the Vampires cause he can't deal with Zombie.... And Simon Pegg won't leave the Winchester...

cherrycakes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Scranton, PA

if they are sparkly vampires they should be shot with a silver bullet/cross/steak and put out of their misery ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread