1. Win Vaping gear! The ECF 15 Millionth Post contest

We are fast approaching the 15 millionth ECF post and we have a contest to celebrate this huge landmark and amazing prizes to give out to our members! Head over to the official contest thread to see the rules and check out the prizes generously pledged by our registered suppliers on the prize announcement thread.

Cross-threaded my Vamo!! :(

Discussion in 'VAMO' started by v1k1ng1001, Jul 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. v1k1ng1001

v1k1ng1001 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

This morning, somehow, I cross-threaded my Vamo while screwing on my Protank. When I tried to remove the protank, the threaded part of the Protank's base broke off and remained in the Vamo's threads.

It's not the end of the world as I can afford a new V3. What I am wondering is how can I keep this from happening again?

I've been reading some threads and here are the suggestions I've come across:

1. lube the threads (sounds good to me!)

2. Use a 510/510 adaptor to protect the threads (some problems with the vamo not firing?)

3. Use an airflow regulator to protect the threads

4. Try to find a replacement top cap for the vamo (saw this in a uk post but have no idea where to find one)

At any rate, I'm relatively new (had my vamo for 2 months). What do all you wise folks suggest?

2. GaryInTexas

GaryInTexas Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Well since none of the wise folks answered I will try. I use the air flow adapter for my protanks. It's not the best machined device either but it works to save the vamo treads. The 510/510 adapters always unscrew and come off with the tank for me. I don't use them at all anymore. I mainly use Kanger T3 on my Vamos and since their ego threaded I screw them directly on.

3. v1k1ng1001

Hrm, I ordered some ego-510 adapters which i need anyway. If they don't work I'll try the airflow regulators.

4. Baranox

Baranox Full Member Verified Member

+1

I just ordered my vamp v3, hasnt arrived yet. I plan on always using an adapter as I've had a couple of egos strip the 510s on me and want to avoid this on my more expensive mod.

5. v1k1ng1001

Actually, I pulled the pin up after watching a youtube video. Now I can fire a T3 mini (EGO threaded of course) that I just picked up. Maybe I'll cancel my order and just buy an adapter for my protank. Yay!

: vamo, protank
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.