Crown 3 By Uwell - Does it Suck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Let me just add the biggest reason I got this tank was it's amazing reviews.. well... Not to me.. after trying another ejuice in the past hour with less sweetener , but yet still a ton of flavor, it once again is muted .. on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the amount of flavor I get on my other tanks, this is a 5-6.. I really don't know if it's a fluke, or if I'm just much happier elsewhere.. hardly thought a $16 super tank mini would blow this thing out of the water in every way, except maybe vapor production.

Reviews mean nothing me anymore because most just give good reviews so they get more free stuff or are being paid.

mj79

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2010
mn
Reviews mean nothing me anymore because most just give good reviews so they get more free stuff or are being paid.
Yea. But of all the big YouTubers out there. I thought DJLsb Vapes would be legit... He doesn't seem like a fanboy, and gives technical reviews on things, and even calls out big companies. If it says smok , rip trippers likes it ( although I do enjoy his videos ) Heathen and I have VERY different reviews on what juices we like, Suck my mod... I usually agree with Matts reviews , but not his flavor profile with liquids , his wife and I basically have identical taste in e liquid.

But with sooooooo many ,( all I mentioned above , plus many more ) praising this thing , I was really really disappointed

iVape524

Verified Member
Jan 26, 2017
Yea. But of all the big YouTubers out there. I thought DJLsb Vapes would be legit... He doesn't seem like a fanboy, and gives technical reviews on things, and even calls out big companies. If it says smok , rip trippers likes it ( although I do enjoy his videos ) Heathen and I have VERY different reviews on what juices we like, Suck my mod... I usually agree with Matts reviews , but not his flavor profile with liquids , his wife and I basically have identical taste in e liquid.

But with sooooooo many ,( all I mentioned above , plus many more ) praising this thing , I was really really disappointed

That sucks that you're not enjoying the crown 3. You and I have pretty much the same tanks and I'm loving the crown 3. I think it's an improvement in almost every way compared to my other tanks (with the exception of my super tanks like the tfv8 and the maxo v12 for vapor production). Not sure what's going on with yours but I haven't put mine down since I got it.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I use the original crown and was thinking of getting the 2 when it came out and now the 3 but then I stop myself because if it ain't broke don't fix it. I still may try the 3 but the original crown just works and the coils last forever. I think I'm just bored and want a new vape toy. So in conclusion THE CROWN RULES!!!!!!!

Lacit1707

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2014
CT

just curious, did you have the Crown 1? and did you not like that as well?

mj79

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2010
mn
Never had it. This was the first one I got. Aspire and smoke have been good to me for the most part. So that's what I'll be sticking with from now on..

My crown 3 has had 4+tanks of liquid now , and nomatter what I do with wattage, airflow, thicker juices , thinner juices , everything else I own blows it away in flavor without a doubt

Lacit1707

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2014
CT
Never had it. This was the first one I got. Aspire and smoke have been good to me for the most part. So that's what I'll be sticking with from now on..

My crown 3 has had 4+tanks of liquid now , and nomatter what I do with wattage, airflow, thicker juices , thinner juices , everything else I own blows it away in flavor without a doubt

gotcha...ive been using a kanger subtank mini and tired of these coils.... barely last a week and leak a lot....im hoping the crown is much better...

also, i looked at the smok but the coils are so damn expensive

mj79

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2010
mn
gotcha...ive been using a kanger subtank mini and tired of these coils.... barely last a week and leak a lot....im hoping the crown is much better...

also, i looked at the smok but the coils are so damn expensive
Yes Everytime I think of coils being expensive , I remember smokes costing $8 here.. my smok and cleito 120 coils usually last me about 2-3 weeks without fail. So between liquid and a cool every 2 weeks that costs me about $35 vs $150+ when smoking. And I'm doing it the "expensive way" buying coils vs building, buying juice vs making etc..

Anyone want a crown 3???? $20+ shipping!!!!!

mj79

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2010
mn
Its a nice tank, for the most part ( except the top cap threads, to me at least as mine is not very smooth threading at all..

I just got in a TFV12, another cleito 120 and BBB in today, so just breaking them in now.. My crown 3 has turned into my backup tank , as it seems to not have the flavor production of my other tanks.. Still a nice tank , but is now used for the juices I don't like , because it mutes the flavor ..

I'm sure you will like it, as I seem to really be the odd one out here :)

Another thing for crown 3 owners .. Everytime I vape it, I get liquid in my mouth.. nomatter if its a hard pull, or a soft pull, hi wattage, low wattage, etc.. Any ideas how to get rid of that?

So I bought 1 and didn't like it. Maybe its to extreme for me, I'm used to my subtank/cleito.
First, it burns liquid like crazy (that is expected anyway)
Second, vaping at more that 70W with .25 coils after 5/6 drags the tank gets really hot, I mean really hot.
Third, when I fill it for the first 8/9 hits the spitback is awfull, and i did everithing as the instructions recomend.
Lastly the main reason I bought this was because it was supposed to be one of the best flavor tanks but I get way more flavor in my cleito.

mj79

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2010
mn
So I bought 1 and didn't like it. Maybe its to extreme for me, I'm used to my subtank/cleito.
First, it burns liquid like crazy (that is expected anyway)
Second, vaping at more that 70W with .25 coils after 5/6 drags the tank gets really hot, I mean really hot.
Third, when I fill it for the first 8/9 hits the spitback is awfull, and i did everithing as the instructions recomend.
Lastly the main reason I bought this was because it was supposed to be one of the best flavor tanks but I get way more flavor in my cleito.
If you read what I wrote in this thread, we are having pretty much identical issues.

Not much flavor, lots of spitback, gets really hot with muted flavor etc.. Glad I'm finally not alone in this one. :)

LemonVapeFreak

Feb 26, 2017
Its a nice tank, for the most part ( except the top cap threads, to me at least as mine is not very smooth threading at all..

I just got in a TFV12, another cleito 120 and BBB in today, so just breaking them in now.. My crown 3 has turned into my backup tank , as it seems to not have the flavor production of my other tanks.. Still a nice tank , but is now used for the juices I don't like , because it mutes the flavor ..

I'm sure you will like it, as I seem to really be the odd one out here :)

Another thing for crown 3 owners .. Everytime I vape it, I get liquid in my mouth.. nomatter if its a hard pull, or a soft pull, hi wattage, low wattage, etc.. Any ideas how to get rid of that?
Do you happen to have a lot of juice laying on the top when you take the top off? I will fill it and vape, take top off to add more juice and it's covered with liquid. Doesn't seem normal, and yes, also get spit back no matter what wattage.

Side note: TODAY, on a broken in coil the juice poured directly out the air holes. This REALLY ticked me off because it was fine one minute and wasted an entire tank of premium juice the next.

But back to ton of juice laying on the top...does yours?

Reactions: lboyerbp

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
Do you happen to have a lot of juice laying on the top when you take the top off? I will fill it and vape, take top off to add more juice and it's covered with liquid. Doesn't seem normal, and yes, also get spit back no matter what wattage.

Side note: TODAY, on a broken in coil the juice poured directly out the air holes. This REALLY ticked me off because it was fine one minute and wasted an entire tank of premium juice the next.

But back to ton of juice laying on the top...does yours?

Juice on the top is normal. As far as spit back, do you keep the moisture cup clean?

LemonVapeFreak

Feb 26, 2017
Juice on the top is normal. As far as spit back, do you keep the moisture cup clean?
Yeah, never really have much condensation on the bottom, if that's what you mean. I just wonder if the juice lying in the top is the reason I always get juice on inhale no matter now hard or soft i drag. I changed the coil today and all seems fine. This is only time i cringe..time to order my monthly coils..never thought twice about dropping 60 on a carton of cigs tho..weird how your mind messes with you. I get 10 for bb, 10 for Cleito and 5, melo, and now 5 crown. Hard finding stores with crown 3..my usual didn't have so looking for cheapest, that has all three, long boring day online..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread