Crown 3 By Uwell - Does it Suck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyboxer1968

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2015
Illinois
I usually use a goblin mini V3 but picked this up for vacation so I don't have to pack all my crap.
On my IVP 6x, it seems to do better in power mode than TC. I've been playing around with TCR and regardless where I set it (so far) the first pull is cool. Ive got the joules all the way up of course.
Using power mode is wonderful so far. The scratchy thread on the bottom section cleaned up after taking it apart a couple of times.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
I usually use a goblin mini V3 but picked this up for vacation so I don't have to pack all my crap.
On my IVP 6x, it seems to do better in power mode than TC. I've been playing around with TCR and regardless where I set it (so far) the first pull is cool. Ive got the joules all the way up of course.
Using power mode is wonderful so far. The scratchy thread on the bottom section cleaned up after taking it apart a couple of times.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Check out the YouTube review by DJLSB vapes. He talks about the coils in temp mode. Think it's near the end "Final thoughts" He explains the tcr # on a few diff mods..
I just use the Wattage mode. These coils are wicking fine. I max the .5 at 80w no issues so far. They can go higher than that even.

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
I really want to get a Crown 3 but I don't know if I can vape at 80w! I'm used to 50-65 watts at best. Would this tank still be OK for a vaper like me?
I like the .5ohm coil. 70-80w. The wire in the coil is very thick so it just requires more power. The coil is kinda all or nothing. It doesn't even really produce a lot of vapor at 50w. At 60 it's kinda like a reg. ole subtank (.5) at 30-35w. But the flavor comes out at 70w+. If that makes any sense.

Lauren A

Apr 10, 2017
San Antonio
I like the .5ohm coil. 70-80w. The wire in the coil is very thick so it just requires more power. The coil is kinda all or nothing. It doesn't even really produce a lot of vapor at 50w. At 60 it's kinda like a reg. ole subtank (.5) at 30-35w. But the flavor comes out at 70w+. If that makes any sense.
I absolutely do get it. While I'm asking, what tank/kit would those much wiser than I recommend for my vape range. And I've had all of the TFV8 tanks, coils were too awful to cost that much. Thanks for any and all input everyone!

Reactions: Cosmic_Glaze

T0mmy1977

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 1, 2015

Pheric

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 22, 2016
    www.elegomall.com
    My brother and I just got the crown three today at a local shop for 35 after tax. I've been eyeing this tank since the reviewers started pushing their videos out. I'm very impressed so far. I was sceptical about reviewers staying there was no break in period for the coils but there honestly wasn't. It was kinda strange but in a good way. The airflow is smoother but slightly more restricted than the tf-series of tanks but I'm pleased with that as well. I'll have to report back on coil life but reviewers are all saying 2 weeks give or take. Super stoked I was able to find one without ordering online. The fit and finish is top notch and the coils are easy to change with the plug system they are using. I find flavor to be on par with my big baby beast. The fill method, coil changing method,airflow and fit and finish is better than the big baby
    thanks a lot for support Uwell, bro.
    Crown 3 also gets really popular and highly recommended in EURO too

Pheric

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 22, 2016
    www.elegomall.com
    I recently got the crown 1 with the RBA kit. I was not overly impressed. Nothing so far has got me off my Aromamizer tanks. if this finally comes out with an RBA kit, I'll try one. Any news on when they may release this?
    very soon, stay tuned for the new atomizer from Uwell ~~~

Lauren A

Apr 10, 2017
    San Antonio
    OBS Engine SUB
    Recommended Wattage: 40 - 100W
    www.myvaporstore.com/OBS-Engine-SUB-p/obs-eng20.htm

Vaporesso NRG Sub-Ohm Tank
    Includes (1) Coil 0.15ohm (Designed for 50 - 110 Watts) (Pre-installed)
    Includes (1) Coil 0.15ohm (Designed for 30 - 70 Watt)
    www.myvaporstore.com/Vaporesso-NRG-Sub-Ohm-Tank-p/vpes-nrg10.htm
    I was thinking about getting the Revenged kit. I've tried an OBS tank at a shop, I don't know, just wasn't for me. Thanks again. I'll be getting this soon!

Pheric

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 22, 2016
    www.elegomall.com
    I was thinking about getting the Revenged kit. I've tried an OBS tank at a shop, I don't know, just wasn't for me. Thanks again. I'll be getting this soon!
    Revenger Kit is brilliant, I held it once before, the outlook kills!
    Sometimes I just get fascinated about the design, even thought the functions of its are all great
    ba58b904-3e1d-40ba-b375-178dadf338ec.jpg

Reactions: Lauren A

Lauren A

Apr 10, 2017
    San Antonio
    Revenger Kit is brilliant, I held it once before, the outlook kills!
    Sometimes I just get fascinated about the design, even thought the functions of its are all great
    ba58b904-3e1d-40ba-b375-178dadf338ec.jpg
    I love the look of it. Someone recommended the iJoy Captain tank but said the mod is too big for me. Heard anything about it?

Reactions: Pheric

Lauren A

Apr 10, 2017
    San Antonio
    I just ordered the iJoy tank with the Smoant Battlestar, blacked it out. I really hope the coils are good. They are the non-threaded ones and .3 is right around my vape range, might learn to up my wattage as long as it's still a cool vape. I'll keep everyone posted, might still switch to the Crown 3 if I can handle more wattage. Thanks everyone, sincerely, for your opinions and info!

Reactions: Pheric
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread